Armenia—Azerbaijan Conflict Aftermath: Discord in Armenia (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:42:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Armenia—Azerbaijan Conflict Aftermath: Discord in Armenia (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Armenia—Azerbaijan Conflict Aftermath: Discord in Armenia  (Read 12850 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: September 28, 2020, 01:09:16 AM »

Stand strong Armenia. An extremely corrupt and repressive regime waging unorovoked aggression against a persecuted minority it's attempted ethnic cleansing agsinst is never good and sure not what the world needs now.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 10:27:38 PM »

Can't believe I'm actually rooting for Iran to kick ass...
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 11:02:44 PM »

Iran could flatten Azerbaijan's artillery in days right? I can't see Azerbaijan's air defense standing a chance against the Iranian Air Force.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 12:51:47 AM »

Azerbaijan did (technically) have international law on their side when they attacked Nagorno-Karabakh, which is de jure Azeri territory.

Shelling Armenia? That's unambiguously an act of war, and totally unjustifiable. It's also the sort of thing that could trigger Armenian alliances with Iran and Russia.
Spoiler alert: Russia isn't going to do sh!t.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 06:37:34 PM »

Weird alliances are nothing new, Germany and Austria-Hungary we're basically rivals for most of the latter's existence due to both trying to be the dominant German-speaking power but had to ally as the Central Powers and Romania joining the Axis despite having a very anti-Semitic fascist dictator seems weird because they sure were never friendly with Hungary or Bulgaria that Germany forced them to cede land to but based on location didn't have much choice.

In this case Armenia isn't friendly with Turkey unsurprisingly, and traditionally Turkey wasn't friendly with Russia although Erdogan is changing that...or Iran so both made logical allies. And Iran is very unfriendly with Azerbaijan, a Shia theocracy supporting a not even Muslim country over another Shia one seems weird but Azerbaijan is ran by secular ethnonationalists and Iran is actually home to more Azeris than Azerbaijan and its territory is a likely irredentist target especially if Azerbaijan gets its way with Armenia it's not ending there. So hence Iran is against Azerbaijan and on Armenia's side.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies