Do you consider yourself pro-life or pro-choice? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:56:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Do you consider yourself pro-life or pro-choice? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Regardless if you believe that Roe v Wade is legally sound/dubious, do you support pro-life or pro-choice public policies?
Pro-life

Pro-choice

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 128

Author Topic: Do you consider yourself pro-life or pro-choice?  (Read 5431 times)
Clarko95 📚💰📈
Clarko95
YaBB God
Sweden

Political Matrix
E: -5.61, S: -1.96

« on: September 27, 2020, 04:43:42 PM »

Pro-choice, but abortion is an issue I avoid discussing at all costs and don't feel particularly strongly since I can see the reasoning behind both sides, and they are fundamentally irreconcilable views depending on where you are coming from.

If you are pro-life, you sincerely believe that you are preventing the murder of a person, and I can see this perspective because, well, without an abortion, that would have become a person. And we don't have an objective answer to when life begins or if we have souls or not, so if I think about that too much, it can make me pretty uncomfortable. This is why I really hate it when fellow pro-choicers say things like, "You just hate women/want to control other people's bodies!" because it's just such a dumb accusation.

This is unfortunately an issue that will never be resolved, and two people can spend all of eternity arguing about it, but they will never agree or resolve their differences because it is just such an irreconcilable difference of viewpoints.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies