What would you do as President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:53:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What would you do as President?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What would you do as President?  (Read 690 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 25, 2020, 06:39:56 PM »

This is a question I thought I'd ask as this could be fun and interesting.

Anyway, Let's say in the future I run a grassroots campaign as an Independent. My poll numbers start to match what Perot's were in Spring 1992 but I never drop out of the race. I get just barely over the 270 I need to win.

As president I would:

-Work with both Democrats and Republicans from all factions to find solutions that would work best for everyone.

-Strengthen ties with both traditional allies and enemies and get the US out of world affairs. I would also work with the UN more closely to find solutions that work best for everyone around the world.

-Allow most immigrants to obtain a path to citizenship but not if they have an extensive history of drug use or have been charged with a serious crime (such as murder) in the past. I would also crack down on immigrants who was charged with a serious crime. But otherwise everyone else is fair game.

-I would pack the Supreme Court and add two or three young independent minded justices to the Supreme Court.

-I would allow abortions in most cases but ban them in the third trimester.

-I would allow protesters to protest but crack down on the ones who loot stores and destroy public/private property.

-I'd be perfectly open to legalizing marijuana for recreational use nationwide.

-I'd definitely address climate change but I wouldn't impose a Green New Deal.

-I'd allow transgenders to serve in the military.

-I wouldn't ban assault weapons/high capacity magazines but I would impose extremely strict background checks. Anyone with any sort of criminal record would not be able to get them.

-I would increase taxes for the rich and businesses but not to the point where they want to pack up and leave the country.

-I would work with allies and China to carve out a trade deal that would work for everyone.

-I would decrease taxes by a fair amount for anyone making less than $30,000 a year.

I know a lot of these aren't realistic right now but I really hope a strong, compromise candidate that had all the political views and goals to accomplish in office as me is able to win the presidency in the future.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 07:18:48 PM »
« Edited: September 25, 2020, 09:25:57 PM by Meclazine »

I can only be President if Western Australia becomes a country.

I would make Western Australia great again. I would give myself an A+. We got more money. We got more brains. We got better houses and apartments. We got nicer boats. We're smarter than they are. And they say "The elite".

I would stop the immigrants from South Australia coming to Western Australia and stealing our jobs. To that end, I would build a wall, a great wall, and make South Australia pay for it. And then I would make South Australia pay for it again.

I don't think South Australian's are bringing their best. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people. What? Well, someone is doing the raping. Think about it.

And no travellers from the Eastern States would be allowed. Why would we have all these people from sh**thole states coming here? I would be elected to represent the people of Perth, not Paris. Immediately place international trade tariffs on cheap Chinese imports.

Increase immigration from Norway.

Just the basic's really.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 08:27:19 PM »

Change the national anthem to a Bruno Powroznik classic, for starts. Thenuse my inflience and bully pulpit to push for single payer and anti-corruption laws.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 11:08:49 PM »

Enforce the gay agenda.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2020, 11:18:36 PM »

I'd be bought and paid for by the trans mafia. Including, but not limited to, posting this whenever sometime refers to transgender people as transgenders:
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2020, 12:31:02 AM »

When I come to power:

I’d start by banning electric cars in favor of cars built in Europe before 1975 or the first generation Honda Insight. Haven’t really thought much beyond that. Probably make Steamboat Willie public domain and break up Big Disney. Institute MMP for congressional and state legislature elections. Pack the courts with a few more liberals. Resurrect Paul Wellstone. Make New Zealand the 52nd and 53rd states (after DC). 85% Wealth tax on all wealth over $1 billion. Medicare for All, make cows eat seaweed so they don’t fart out methane, and pardon Snowden (but not Assange, f*^k him).
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2020, 01:15:58 AM »

When I come to power:

I’d start by banning electric cars in favor of cars built in Europe before 1975 or the first generation Honda Insight. Haven’t really thought much beyond that. Probably make Steamboat Willie public domain and break up Big Disney. Institute MMP for congressional and state legislature elections. Pack the courts with a few more liberals. Resurrect Paul Wellstone. Make New Zealand the 52nd and 53rd states (after DC). 85% Wealth tax on all wealth over $1 billion. Medicare for All, make cows eat seaweed so they don’t fart out methane, and pardon Snowden (but not Assange, f*^k him).

How could you not admit Prince Edward Island as the 54th state too? Damn you've been bought and paid by Pericles.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2020, 05:43:59 PM »

When I come to power:

How could you not admit Prince Edward Island as the 54th state too? Damn you've been bought and paid by Pericles.

Even though I have the PEI avatar, it doesn’t compare to my love of NZ.
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2020, 05:45:16 PM »

When I come to power:

Why would you ban electric cars? Isn't that counterproductive for reducing our carbon footprint?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2020, 08:54:46 PM »

Immigration: I immediately order the Department of Homeland Security to abolish ICE. I send in the national guard to free every undocumented immigrant at the border camps. Each of them will be offered immediate citizenship, if they want it. I will establish a commission to reunite every separated family. I would encourage Congress to pass reparations for the undocumented immigrants detained at the border. I would then move to prosecute specific ICE agents for their crimes against immigrants, if there is sufficient evidence. I would order the USCIS to quickly move with immigration applications and give individuals citizenship. Basically, I want to encourage as much immigration as possible. I'd loosen immigrations enough that we would have a de-facto open border.

Foreign Policy: I would accept a large amount of refugees from Syria. I would shut down Guantanamo Bay. I would sell weapons to India so they can defend themselves from China. I would recognize Taiwan as an independent nation. I would issue sanctions against countries that launch cyber attacks on the US. I would dramatically increase R&D spending. I would cut active duty military by 25%. I would expand our naval fleet, especially in the South China Sea and the Arctic. I would expand funding for the Navy and Coast Guard. Troops "on the ground" in the Middle East would be mostly brought home, except for those doing intelligence operations. I would continue to defend the Kurds, however.  I would re-enter the Paris Agreement. I would increase the amount of money we give to the World Trade Organization and United Nations. I would dramatically increase the amount of foreign aid we give to countries that need it. I would try and reenact some sort of Nuclear Deal with Iran. I would stop supporting Saudi Arabia. I would support Ukraine against Russian aggression by developing some sort of lend-lease program. Work in conjunction with NGOs to provide food, medicine, and infrastructure development for Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, and Syria.

Criminal Justice: I would abolish private prisons, the death penalty, and solitary confinement at the federal level. I would direct federal prisons to emphasize rehabilitation over incarceration. I would supporting legalizing marijuana, and expunge any federal records. I would end mandatory minimum sentencing and the three strikes law. I would issue federal oversight for state prisons to ensure that civil rights are guaranteed, and that food, healthcare, and other accommodations are up to standard. I would severely limit civil asset forfeiture. I would federally require police body cameras. I would invest in re-entry, education, and job training programs. I would end cash bail at a federal level. I would ban discrimination against hiring non-violent felons. I would decriminalize every drug (except marijuana, which would be legalized). I would classify police officers having sex with someone in their custody as rape (look it up, it's not illegal in every state). I would restore voting rights for all felons. I would expand federal funding for needle exchange programs and safe injection sites.

This is what I can think of for the moment, I'll probably add more later.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2020, 08:57:03 PM »

I'd be bought and paid for by the trans mafia. Including, but not limited to, posting this whenever sometime refers to transgender people as transgenders:

Maria Kart when.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2020, 09:35:19 PM »

Within the confines of our current political system, I'd fight to implement a lot of structural change here in the U.S., particularly updating our transportation system, the telecommunications infrastructure, & the education system so as to try to change the economy into one that can dominate the global economy of the future & not the one of 50 years ago. Plus things like phasing out coal but making sure coal-miners can transition to something else, better universal health coverage with a focus on preventative care so not being able to afford a $50 doctor's appointment doesn't become a $100K visit to the ER that taxpayers end up paying for.

In an ideal world (because it's not like the President has the power to do this), I'd seek to transition the country into a more science-driven society led by rationalism & evidence, thereby ushering in a new Golden Age for humanity in which technological advances solve the most difficult problems we face in society like climate change & food shortages, thus paving the way for our civilization to colonize deep-space & become a more advanced species.

And in any event, get rid of the penny. Doesn't make any cents that we still have it if it costs more to make than it's worth.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2020, 09:37:33 PM »

Resign because I’m not fit to be president.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2020, 10:19:35 PM »

Step 1: Fire my VP

Step 2: Appoint Roque de la Fuente as VP

Step 3: Die

Step 4: Profit
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2020, 12:25:27 AM »
« Edited: September 27, 2020, 12:28:29 AM by Fuzzy Stands With Amy Coney Barrett »

What would I do?

1.  I would immediately commute the sentence of all Federal inmates who were first-time drug offenders who had served at least 3 years of their sentence to Probation.

2.  I would issue blanket pardons to Federal Prisoners who had completed their sentences and had gone 10 years without arrest.

3.  I would move to establish full Diplomatic Relations with Cuba.

4.  I would expeditiously move to extract our troops from Afghanistan.

5.  I would begin negotiations with Russia in an attempt to make it a counterweight to China, whom I consider to be a foe who we have enabled to grow powerful, despite the fact that it was against our interest.

6.  I would move to finalize the issue of DACA by allowing the dreamers and their immediate families to stay as citizens.  No chain migration for their families, however.  I would increase the funding as much as necessary to ensure that detention facilities for illegal aliens pending deportation are humane and reasonably comfortable.

7.  I would grant immediate citizenship to all foreign nationals serving in our military and their immediate families.  After that, I would end the practice of non-citizens serving in our military.

8.  I would significantly curtail the War on Drugs, although I would not announce that.

9.  As much as he's a puke, I would appoint Mitt Romney to be the person who could salvage a plan for national health insurance coverage that was sustainable that could receive the support of a broad consensus.

10. I would advocate a program where we resolve all outstanding student loan debt, end the program and stop funding the university system that educates people to hate America.  Academic Freedom is not Liberal Indoctrination; conservative speakers aren't hounded off of campus in a truly academically free environment.

11.. I would end Federal Aid to Education as we know it.  I would make the abolition of the application of Critical Race Theory in any way a condition for public schools to receive any school aid.  I would also require school systems to present plans to demonstrate plans to ensure that every student is safe not just from outsider attacks, but from bullying and harassment and violence from other students.

12.  I would instruct my AG to empanel a commission to study Federal statutes to examine areas where there is "over-criminalization" and dial all of that back.

This is just some stuff I'd do.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2020, 11:14:17 AM »

Assuming I became president in 2021.

- My cabinet would be about half female and consist a number of Hispanics and African Americans. My vice president would be a woman. I'd also appoint some moderate Republicans to the cabinet and sane Republicans to ambassadorships. Generally, appointments would be given on qualification.

- I'd immediately rescind the Global Gag Rule and most of Trump's tariffs. Would also fire all Trump ambassadors.

- I'd impose a hiring freeze upon all federal agencies.

- I'd appoint a commission to figure out how to get back to a balanced budget. Also call for tax reform (higher taxes for the wealthy, close loopholes). I'd be prepared to cut the defense budget and other items.

- I'd issue a proclamation to declare election day a national holiday or ask congress for a resolution.

- I'd recognize Taiwan as sovereign country and would urge Europeans to join.

- I'd rejoin the Iran Nuclear agreement.

- I'd restart talks on TPP and a Transatlantic free trade agreement.

- I'd rejoin the Paris Climate Accords, UNESCO and WHO.

- I'd put Obama's clean power plan back in, with some changes.

- I'd call upon congress to raise the minimum wage to 15$ an hour. I'd also require federal contractors to pay 15$ an hour and grant healthcare to their employees.

- I'd grant all federal employees 30 days of paid vacation and would urge congress to have 25 mandatory paid vacation for all Americans. That would raise productivity.

- I'd impose really harsh sanctions on Russia for election interference, subversion and killing of political opponents. I'd instruct the Intel Community to launch counter attacks if Putin doesn't change his behavior. I'd call him and be really blunt about it, telling him straight on that I'm not playing games.

- I'd also be tough on Turkey and threaten Erdogan to throw him out of NATO and impose sanctions for his antidemocratic actions and his crusade against the Kurds.

- I'd support opposition in Belarus and sanction Lukaschenko.

- I'd impose sanctions on Brazil and Bolsonaro for the destroying the Amazon.

- I'd withdraw troops from Afghanistan immediately, but leave a small footprint in the region for potential threats to America and its allies.

- I'd appoint a task force of community leaders, police officers and activists to figure out what to do about policy violence.
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2020, 12:52:07 PM »

When I come to power:

Why would you ban electric cars? Isn't that counterproductive for reducing our carbon footprint?

They’re boring and Tesla’s interiors are terrible.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2020, 02:04:49 PM »

Abolish the IRS a la Ted Cruz. LOL
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2020, 03:01:01 PM »

I can affirm I initally read "Tesla's intentions" and I thought you were going to make a rant about Elon Musk being a power-hungry technocrat or something like that lmao
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2020, 03:20:24 PM »

I can affirm I initally read "Tesla's intentions" and I thought you were going to make a rant about Elon Musk being a power-hungry technocrat or something like that lmao

Haha, I will say that as boring as I find Teslas, they are a net good for the world. The interiors though are still awful. I want knobs for climate control and the radio. I don’t want everything including my speedometer on a single screen in the middle of the car.

As for Elon? He’s your typical sketchy CEO, I don’t think there’s anything special about him compared to say Bezos or Jobs. He is a bit crazier than Bezos though. Musk seems more public in his weird criticisms of people (like that diver in Thailand working to free the trapped kids). Jobs was an @$$, but I don’t recall him being so public like that. So maybe he’s a bit nuttier than Jobs? I don’t recall Jobs going on about Apple stock being overvalued, but that’s not to say I just don’t remember.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2020, 04:02:26 PM »

I would quadruple the size of the IRS. People and businesses are getting away with murder right now.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2020, 08:42:46 PM »

- My cabinet would be about half female and consist a number of Hispanics and African Americans. My vice president would be a woman. I'd also appoint some moderate Republicans to the cabinet and sane Republicans to ambassadorships. Generally, appointments would be given on qualification.

- I'd immediately rescind the Global Gag Rule and most of Trump's tariffs. Would also fire all Trump ambassadors.

- I'd appoint a commission to figure out how to get back to a balanced budget. Also call for tax reform (higher taxes for the wealthy, close loopholes). I'd be prepared to cut the defense budget and other items.

- I'd issue a proclamation to declare election day a national holiday or ask congress for a resolution.

- I'd call upon congress to raise the minimum wage to 15$ an hour. I'd also require federal contractors to pay 15$ an hour and grant healthcare to their employees.

- I'd grant all federal employees 30 days of paid vacation and would urge congress to have 25 mandatory paid vacation for all Americans. That would raise productivity.

- I'd impose really harsh sanctions on Russia for election interference, subversion and killing of political opponents. I'd instruct the Intel Community to launch counter attacks if Putin doesn't change his behavior. I'd call him and be really blunt about it, telling him straight on that I'm not playing games.

- I'd also be tough on Turkey and threaten Erdogan to throw him out of NATO and impose sanctions for his antidemocratic actions and his crusade against the Kurds.

- I'd withdraw troops from Afghanistan immediately, but leave a small footprint in the region for potential threats to America and its allies.

- I'd appoint a task force of community leaders, police officers and activists to figure out what to do about policy violence.
Shockingly anti-China and anti-Russia for a European.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2020, 03:11:20 AM »

agree with everything in bold.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2020, 03:14:24 AM »

What would I do?

1.  I would immediately commute the sentence of all Federal inmates who were first-time drug offenders who had served at least 3 years of their sentence to Probation.

2.  I would issue blanket pardons to Federal Prisoners who had completed their sentences and had gone 10 years without arrest.

3.  I would move to establish full Diplomatic Relations with Cuba.

4.  I would expeditiously move to extract our troops from Afghanistan.

5.  I would begin negotiations with Russia in an attempt to make it a counterweight to China, whom I consider to be a foe who we have enabled to grow powerful, despite the fact that it was against our interest.

6.  I would move to finalize the issue of DACA by allowing the dreamers and their immediate families to stay as citizens.  No chain migration for their families, however.  I would increase the funding as much as necessary to ensure that detention facilities for illegal aliens pending deportation are humane and reasonably comfortable.

7.  I would grant immediate citizenship to all foreign nationals serving in our military and their immediate families.  After that, I would end the practice of non-citizens serving in our military.

8.  I would significantly curtail the War on Drugs, although I would not announce that.

9.  As much as he's a puke, I would appoint Mitt Romney to be the person who could salvage a plan for national health insurance coverage that was sustainable that could receive the support of a broad consensus.

10. I would advocate a program where we resolve all outstanding student loan debt, end the program and stop funding the university system that educates people to hate America.  Academic Freedom is not Liberal Indoctrination; conservative speakers aren't hounded off of campus in a truly academically free environment.

11.. I would end Federal Aid to Education as we know it.  I would make the abolition of the application of Critical Race Theory in any way a condition for public schools to receive any school aid.  I would also require school systems to present plans to demonstrate plans to ensure that every student is safe not just from outsider attacks, but from bullying and harassment and violence from other students.

12.  I would instruct my AG to empanel a commission to study Federal statutes to examine areas where there is "over-criminalization" and dial all of that back.

This is just some stuff I'd do.
agree with everything in bold.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2020, 06:13:50 AM »

What I would do:

1. I would legalize the use of cannabis on the next 20 april (but decriminalizing it before) and pardon all drug consuming related crime offenders. I would tax the use of cannabis, similar to tobbaco and still refer to possible health-related issues, similar to tobacco. I would end the war of drugs and decriminalize the use of all drugs. The government should however produce the drugs. Personal production of cannabis should be allowed up to a certain amount.

2. I would put independently-minded supreme court justices to the court, and make sure America is well represented through the SC, by making sure it's a diverse court. I would however not add hyper liberal people to the court, but more moderately people like Merrick Garland.

3. I would retreat troops almost everywhere, and make sure the military is used at home. I would make significant cuts to the military budget. America spends way too much to the military although there are the threats of radical islamism, return to authoritarianism, Russia and China. I will make very clear that these threats exist.

4. I would insist on Turkey leaving NATO and threatening with leaving NATO myself if Turkey is still in NATO. An Islamitic nation has no place in NATO, and Turkey offends human rights, democracy and the self-determination right of the Kurds. I would be very harsh, and guarantee the independence of Kurdistan, threatening going to war with all nations where the Kurds have land, incl. Syria, Iraq, Iran and Turkey. If this succeeds, we will have a powerful and stable ally in the Middle East with a moderately islamitic ideology, which is in our interest and weakens nations in the surroundings, esp. Iran and Turkey. I would force Syria to give up on Rojava by supporting Assad if he concedes, re-focus our efforts on the war with IS. If Iran refuses, i would threaten with a direct war and overthrow their crime government and put a puppet into place.

5. I would sanction Poland and Hungary for their authoritarian governments and putting democracy at stake. I would condemn Poland's violation of LGBTQ rights, and be a proponent of LGTBQ rights, defending them anytime, anywhere.

6. I would cancel all study loan debt, and will guarantee that education should be free and guaranteed for everyone. I will make sure the quality of public schools is far better than private schools, and massively invest into them. I would buy all private schools and ban them, mainly due to the risk of radicalism being preached at private schools, and to ban schools teaching cult, being extremely religious (radical catholic, protestant, islam or judaism), and would create a system that the state decides where students should be inscripted. I would ban school choice, and use the Finland school system. Free education would be a main campaign point, because an educated population massively benefits us. To make sure schools are independent, religion should be learned into history class, put into context and be subject to debate. Churches should not be attended in school, except for the sacraments which can be done in a school connection. More languages should be teached, and the packages students learn should be massively expanded to prepare students for academic education. I will ban elitist high school and universities as well like Harvard, transitioning them into free education spots. I would also take measures to stop the practice of bullying at schools.

7. I would invest in a Green New Deal, and make fighting climate change a massive priority of our administration.

8. I would invest into a cheap medicare for all program, extended paternity and maternity leave and make paid leave guaranteed and make the labor unions more powerful, transitioning America into a social democratic model like in Scandinavia. I would however focus on COVID-19 and implement strict measures. I would also focus on our mental health, by massively investing in mental health treatments, and enacting a serie of reforms around cheaper medication, cheaper psychologists and psychiatrists and building new mental health facilities across America

9. I would establish diplomatic relations with Cuba and try to get Cuba in our influence sphere back again. I would also retreat the support for Guaido, but would neither give support to Maduro and Ortega. I would however insist on fair and democratic elections in Bolivia where Evo Morales is able to participate in, and threaten to sanction Bolivia.

10. I would threaten to sanction Brazil, and declare them an enemy of the climate. I would show my dissatisfaction with Bolsonaro, and show him for what he truly is.

11. I would massively invest into green infrastructure to prevent disasters like the Genua bridge disaster. I would make sure America incl. the heartland make a grand leap forward into the 21st century and will be the most sophisticated country in the world. I would change the look of America and massively invest in infrastucture, incl. public transport and more trains and railways, incl. monorail, maglevs and more.

12. I would give Puerto Rico and D.C. statehood, split California and Virginia into 2 separate states, and make more reforms, and increase autonomy for California, Texas and Alaska and focus on more confederalism to give the more polarized states and polarization an answer by focusing more on regionalism. I believe in local and gubernational power, instead of presidential power.

13. I would be tough on China and Russia, threatening them, imposing tough sanctions and fight for hegemony over the South Chinese say, occassionaly making strikes on ships leaving the South Chinese sea. I would recognize Taiwan, and increase hostility between our nations. China is a major threat to America and that should be known. I would also refer COVID-19 as the #Chinavirus, and let the media know that China is responsible for the COVID-19 outbreak, due to dishonest practices. I would demand a public apology from China for the COVID-19 crisis, and help rebellions in East-Turkestan, Tibet and demand full autonomy for these regions, likewise i would be tough on Russia, asking them to retreat all troops and support from the proxy conflicts they started, directly intervening into Belarus with troops, to make sure democracy is installed in Belarus, fight off the Russians in Ukraine directly, invading Crimea and making it an independent nation, and be much more agressive than Obama and Trump on foreign policy directed towards China, Russia and Islamism, the axis of evil. If we want to prevent Islamism and extremism from winning ever, we have to act now and eradicate extremist Islamism and authoritarian ideologies from the face of the Earth.

14. I would protect trade and American workers, and only enter trade deals which are beneficial to American workers, with nations that have similar standards as us on social and economic issues.

15. I would abolish a flat tax, increase taxes on multinationals, media (incl. social media) and increase taxes on the rich. They should contribute to the state more. A strong state demands much more finances. I would generally increase taxes to fund everything I want to do and prevent a deficit from building up.

16. I negotiate to enter Paris agreement, and enact a 15 dollar minimum wage nationwide, but also experiment with UBI in major American cities. I would support Andrew Yang to become governor or mayor of NY / NYC.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies