Moody's Analytics: Biden's economic plan would create 18.6 million jobs in his 1st term
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:07:12 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Moody's Analytics: Biden's economic plan would create 18.6 million jobs in his 1st term
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Moody's Analytics: Biden's economic plan would create 18.6 million jobs in his 1st term  (Read 711 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 24, 2020, 11:41:23 AM »

But-but-but Trump and Republcians are better for the economy!!!!

SOURCE: https://www.moodysanalytics.com/-/media/article/2020/the-macroeconomic-consequences-trump-vs-biden.pdf
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2020, 11:42:32 AM »

Biden will Widen the economy!
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2020, 11:44:04 AM »

I hate Trump too, but I laugh at how in the tank certain public entities are to make sure Biden wins.

I'll make a deal with anyone, Biden's economic plan creates 18.6 million jobs by 2024 that pay taxes to the IRS, I'll pay you $100. If it doesn't, you pay me $100.
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2020, 11:50:59 AM »

I hate Trump too, but I laugh at how in the tank certain public entities are to make sure Biden wins.

I'll make a deal with anyone, Biden's economic plan creates 18.6 million jobs by 2024 that pay taxes to the IRS, I'll pay you $100. If it doesn't, you pay me $100.

A lot of this is based on the covid recovery. also if you want employment without more immigration, you have to push labour force participation rate which Biden's could do
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2020, 12:00:33 PM »

Most of these jobs are based on COVID recovery and lol at the 66% number lol. Trump's economic policies have been really good anyway and so far the economic recovery from this recession has been really good.
Indy Texas 🇺🇦🇵🇸
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 12:01:02 PM »

The past four years have been proof that cutting taxes on corporations and rich people doesn't lead to better job growth numbers.

Maybe it's time to try something else.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 12:04:08 PM »

Most of these jobs are based on COVID recovery and lol at the 66% number lol. Trump's economic policies have been really good anyway and so far the economic recovery from this recession has been really good.

Gurl...

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 12:11:19 PM »

Gurl...

The unemployment rate has already dropped below 9% and will likely fall this month again. Yes there will be some bumps along the way but the recovery has mostly been pretty strong and much stronger than it was during the Great Recession as the economic fundamentals were no where near as bad as they were in 2008-2009. Yes the peak was worse but it really never was gonna be as bad in the  medium and long term as the Great Recession was which is something I was saying even in March.

ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2020, 12:16:44 PM »

OSR: "I don't support Trump but...."  *goes on to type statement supporting Trump*
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2020, 12:18:09 PM »

OSR: "I don't support Trump but...."  *goes on to type statement supporting Trump*

Sticking up for my Gujju buddy here:

OSR doesn't like Trump as a person.  But he's onboard with his economic policies.  If Trump didn't act like...well...Trump, then OSR would likely support him in a second. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2020, 12:25:23 PM »

OSR: "I don't support Trump but...."  *goes on to type statement supporting Trump*

OSR doesn't like Trump as a person.  But he's onboard with his economic policies.  If Trump didn't act like...well...Trump, then OSR would likely support him in a second. 

Yah I have always given Trump high marks on the economy even in moments I was most angry with him. You are also right that if Trump behaved like a normal President I would definitely support Trump, as his behavior is a large part of why he is pretty incompetent too.

Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2020, 12:28:02 PM »

Yah I have always given Trump high marks on the economy even in moments I was most angry with him. You are also right that if Trump behaved like a normal President I would definitely support Trump, as his behavior is a large part of why he is pretty incompetent too.

I gotchu fam. 
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2020, 12:32:43 PM »

The past four years have been proof that cutting taxes on corporations and rich people doesn't lead to better job growth numbers.

Maybe it's time to try something else.

Lol there is reason Trump isnt getting blamed on the economy like Carter in 1980, Bush in 1992, and Bush in 2008 and thats cause everyone knows the economy wouldnt be anywhere near in bad shape as it was without COVID .

Plus if you wanna make direct comparisons like this the Trump recovery has been way way better than the Obama recovery (we are at mid 2012 numbers 6 months in) so again this is false lol
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2020, 12:34:07 PM »

Trump bump?
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2020, 12:54:15 PM »

OSR: "I don't support Trump but...."  *goes on to type statement supporting Trump*

OSR doesn't like Trump as a person.  But he's onboard with his economic policies.  If Trump didn't act like...well...Trump, then OSR would likely support him in a second. 

Trump had a worst economic record than Obama even before COVID-19.

Anyways, OSR, who are you voting for? Same goes for you, PQG?
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2020, 12:54:56 PM »

OSR doesn't like Trump as a person.  But he's onboard with his economic policies.  If Trump didn't act like...well...Trump, then OSR would likely support him in a second. 

Trump had a worst economic record than Obama even before COVID-19.

Anyways, OSR, who are you voting for? Same goes for you, PQG?

Look at my Sig
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies