Reuters/Ipsos: Biden +1 in AZ, tied in FL (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:51:08 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Reuters/Ipsos: Biden +1 in AZ, tied in FL (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reuters/Ipsos: Biden +1 in AZ, tied in FL  (Read 2144 times)
woodley park

« on: September 23, 2020, 02:48:15 PM »

When can we finally put the rest the "don't overreact to one poll" bromide with respect to Florida?

I think it’s pretty safe to say Florida will be close. Pretty much always is, isn’t it? I could see a situation in which Biden won it by more than usual due to his gains with seniors, but maybe not.

Still expect Biden to win AZ by a few points though.

Florida is always close when the national vote is close.  
But the national vote isn't close right now.  Florida should not be a toss-up when Biden is winning the country by ~8 points.

People need to start acknowledging that Biden's messaging specifically to Florida, and especially Florida Latinos, has been pretty bad.

How is it any worse than Trump? Trump continues to downplay the threat of COVID, repeatedly insults Puerto Rico, and has separated Latin American children from their parents in a measure so draconian it will be right up there with the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II as a modern day egregious violation of human rights.
woodley park

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 02:54:31 PM »

How is it any worse than Trump? Trump continues to downplay the threat of COVID, repeatedly insults Puerto Rico, and has separated Latin American children from their parents in a measure so draconian it will be right up there with the internment of Japanese Americans during World War II as a modern day egregious violation of human rights.

Right, Trump's treatment of Latinos has been historically abominable.  The fact that even 10% of the are voting for him suggests that Biden is also doing something wrong.

I chalk it up to 'muh both sides'.
woodley park

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 03:37:09 PM »

When can we finally put the rest the "don't overreact to one poll" bromide with respect to Florida?

I think it’s pretty safe to say Florida will be close. Pretty much always is, isn’t it? I could see a situation in which Biden won it by more than usual due to his gains with seniors, but maybe not.

Still expect Biden to win AZ by a few points though.

Florida is always close when the national vote is close.  
But the national vote isn't close right now.  Florida should not be a toss-up when Biden is winning the country by ~8 points.

People need to start acknowledging that Biden's messaging specifically to Florida, and especially Florida Latinos, has been pretty bad.

Woolley you are living in your own universe.

Ahem, 'woodley'. And what universe exactly? The one called real life?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies