Trump planning a Coup if he loses Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 07:54:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump planning a Coup if he loses Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Trump planning a Coup if he loses Election  (Read 6137 times)
Wakie77
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2020, 11:48:23 AM »

If Trump can find legal ways to stay in office, more power to him.

No different than nut job Pelosi threatening impeachment to delay SCOTUS vote.

Neither will happen, just both playing politics. Why do people take things at face value these days? Come on, man.

Words and actions are different things.  Nancy's impeachment threat is her running her mouth.  Trump finding a way to stay in office after losing an election would be the death nail on American Democracy as EVERY President thereafter would use that loophole.  And if you support it then you hate America.
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2020, 11:56:00 AM »

I would love to see Trump try  something so stupid.

I would absolutely love to see Trump in hand cuffs as he is led away, kicking and screaming, by the National Guard.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: September 24, 2020, 05:56:03 PM »

Usually goes like this:

1. Media reports Trump says something.
2. Republicans deny, say fake news.
3. Trump literally says it.
4. Republicans say he's joking.
5. Trump actually does it.
6. Republicans say they fully support it, nothing is wrong, liberals bad so we need to do this.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2020, 06:08:11 PM »
« Edited: September 24, 2020, 06:13:08 PM by Rally King »

Trump is 100% a Russian agent lmao remember when everyone wanted to be soft on Russia for annexing Crimea? This kind of thing is what happens when nations pursue a policy of appeasement.

Putin could have gotten F16s sent up his ass totally justified at any point since 2001 (when the Russian government indirectly aided Al-Qaeda and retroactively assisted in causing the 9/11 attacks by refusing to join the side of Freedom in the War on Terror) and everyone in office since then has just been too much of a coward to actually try it.

If Trump wasn't a Russian agent, American and Coalition forces would have liberated the people of Iran from tyranny after the Iranian government struck our bases in Iraq several months ago.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2020, 06:16:42 PM »

...Sig checks out.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2020, 11:33:47 PM »

We're just going to ignore the attempts by the Dems to flip electors in the immediate aftermath of the 2016 election, huh?

That’s what the electoral college was designed for. In case the public elected someone completely insane or a Hitler/Trump, there would be a defense mechanism to override that. Unfortunately in practice the opposite happens.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2020, 11:35:21 PM »

We're just going to ignore the attempts by the Dems to flip electors in the immediate aftermath of the 2016 election, huh?

That’s what the electoral college was designed for. In case the public elected someone completely insane or a Hitler/Trump, there would be a defense mechanism to override that. Unfortunately in practice the opposite happens.
No, it was to undermine the will of the people.
Yoda
United States

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2020, 11:54:54 PM »

Thread:

Thanks for posting that. Read the thread, it assuaged most of my fears. I feel like the fact that republicans would even try this is the biggest story of all though. We have to go about dictator-proofing our democracy as best we can after this election.
As the thread notes, this is exactly the type of reaction Trump and the Republicans want. The good news is that in most key states the Governor is a Dem and can just veto it.

The bigger question is what if Trump keeps enough key states tied up in the courts to where the no results are certified on time.

I'm actually not too worried about this. All the reports I have read have predicted a week after election day at most as how long it will take the states (MI, WI and PA) to finishing counting their mail ballots. The deadline for reporting results isn't until Dec. 8th(?), so I think the trump campaign would have a veeeeery weak case if they tried to force a stop to the counting of those ballots before then. I think almost any judge, even a trump-appointed one, would dismiss the case without hard evidence of systemic fraud, which the trump campaign will of course not be able to produce, for obvious reasons.

I think it's actually MUCH more likely that some USPS worker finds bags of mail ballots that were postmarked weeks prior in a facility somewhere that didn't make it to the local BOE on time to be counted. This will spark an anti-trump media frenzy and public backlash the likes of which we have never seen. The George Floyd protests would look like walks in the park. DeJoy would be criminally charged if the AG in the state is a dem. Even if it doesn't matter b/c Biden won by 10 million votes and a landslide in the EC, this would be a bigger scandal than UkraineGate and RussiaGate put together.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2020, 12:53:56 AM »

Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2020, 09:59:46 AM »

I hate defending Trump but I’m pretty sure that was added after the BLM
protests in DC.
Wakie77
« Reply #85 on: September 26, 2020, 10:18:10 AM »

I hate defending Trump but I’m pretty sure that was added after the BLM
protests in DC.

Yeah but isn’t it strange that it is still up?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #86 on: September 26, 2020, 12:18:05 PM »

No, it was to undermine the will of the people.

No, it was to have a duplicate Congress that wasn't the Congress just for the purpose of electing the President. It was quite common at the time of the Constitutional Convention for the State legislature to elect the State governor.  Both for separation of powers and to give the people more of a voice, they created an electoral college. It would have been utterly impractical to have a direct nationwide vote for President in 1787, especially with no parties to act as a way of limiting candidates to only a few men, and the Founders never anticipated the rise of national political parties and would have been appalled if they had.
GroundHigh
Rookie
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2021, 09:01:03 PM »

If liberals had spent half as much time trying to actually win the election as they did making up stuff about what Trump would do if he lost, they might have beaten him.

This aged well.....
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2021, 09:02:12 PM »

If liberals had spent half as much time trying to actually win the election as they did making up stuff about what Trump would do if he lost, they might have beaten him.

This aged well.....

Like a months-old beet... Wink
Yoda
United States

« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2021, 09:56:25 PM »

This aged well.....

LOL. Nice bump man.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies