Republicans, why should any of us vote for Trump? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:07:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Republicans, why should any of us vote for Trump? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republicans, why should any of us vote for Trump?  (Read 2235 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: September 22, 2020, 08:01:05 PM »

How has Donald Trump done anything to improve my life or make me better off since he became president?

Locking Central American children in abandoned Walmarts in the desert doesn't help me.

The Republican tax cuts didn't provide any benefit to me.

Judges who will make it harder to get an abortion do not help me, as I don't really care if other people have abortions.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 09:46:26 PM »

Donald Trump is an abject outsider.  He has challenged more than the agendas and assumptions of the political establishment; his very manner in appearance, speech and governing is an affront to the Washington political class and media, their norms and euphemisms (which is why they despise rather than simply oppose him.)   

Trump has the instincts to see the wisdom of not writing off the interior of the country as an aging and irredeemable "basket of deplorables."  Despair in America's Heartland has proven the need to question the previously unquestionable tenets of a global, liberal order that only serves to enrich cities and the elites who live there.  Trump is the only candidate campaigning to break American out of the globalist doldrums and transform our national spirit; his opponents only offer misplaced nostalgia for the very past that precipitated the necessity of Trump's politics - there is no transformation, no message, no relief in what they offer to America.

Who do you think the 2017 tax cuts mostly benefited?

Donald Trump can say he hates "the elites" but he keeps rewarding them with massive tax cuts.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 05:20:48 PM »

In all seriousness, if you are seriously pro-life (I'm pretty ambivalent on the issue) then this administration has been excellent on the issue of abortion.

During the course of Barack Hussein "Baby Killer" Obama's presidency, the abortion rate fell from 15.6 per 1,000 live births to 11.6 per 1,000 live births - an over 25% reduction.

Why were you not happy about that? Because he didn't give you an excuse to demean and degrade families for making different choices than you wanted them to?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 01:00:12 PM »

Quote from: Electoral College Dropout
During the course of Barack Hussein "Baby Killer" Obama's presidency, the abortion rate fell from 15.6 per 1,000 live births to 11.6 per 1,000 live births - an over 25% reduction.

Why were you not happy about that? Because he didn't give you an excuse to demean and degrade families for making different choices than you wanted them to?

A downward trend in the national abortion rate does not negate the immorality of it being legal, nor does it lend moral credibility to the people who want it to remain legal (a category that includes Barack Obama). If it was legal to murder 5-year-olds or grown adults, would you point to any downward trend in the national rate as proof that it shouldn't be illegal and argue that said trend discredits anyone who thinks it should be illegal?

Do you really believe that if you ban abortion, there will be no more abortions?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies