Trump Praises General Lee in Minnesota (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:55:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Praises General Lee in Minnesota (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trump Praises General Lee in Minnesota  (Read 2528 times)
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« on: September 22, 2020, 03:57:47 AM »

Why would you say this in Minnesota? People there don't give a crap about Confederate statues.

Northern states are full of hicks who proudly display Confederate flags despite their own ancestors were shot by people brandishing those flags.  Trump rallies are where you are as bound to find those morons as anywhere.

Wrong.

You can't just say something's wrong because you haven't personally experienced it. I can tell you there are tons of Confederate flags in rural PA, MD, NJ and upstate NY. Nowadays they're more likely to be accompanied by the blue lives matter and the no steppy on snek, but they haven't gone away.
I'm from rural Ohio and and used to live rural Minnesota and BRTD is correct. I'm having trouble remembering if i ever saw someone with the battle flag in the six years i lived in Minnesota. Whereas, whenever i visit family in Ohio i'll usually see the stars and bars all over the place. Quite frankly i don't think you can compare rural Minnesota to rural Ohio, Pennsylvania, or Indiana.
ugabug
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.61, S: -4.35

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 01:45:56 PM »

The original quote was "Northern states are full of hicks who proudly display Confederate flags." It didn't specify Minnesota or North Dakota.
Which was in reply to this "Why would you say this in Minnesota? People there don't give a crap about Confederate statues." in a thread about Trump giving a speech in Minnesota. Now granted other northern states are like that, just not the one that this thread is about.

Point is, this kind of rhetoric isn't likely to help Trump in Minnesota since even the rural Trump supporting areas in Minnesota are mostly neutral on the Confederate battle flag but could hurt him if it increases turn out in the twin cities against him.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies