I no longer have a family. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:39:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I no longer have a family. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I no longer have a family.  (Read 5627 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: September 21, 2020, 04:44:59 PM »

Scott, we love you more than words can tell.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 05:12:47 PM »

We値l have to get a GoFundMe up and running. I知 not sure how to go about doing that but I値l certainly pitch in as much as I possibly can.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 05:38:24 PM »

We値l have to get a GoFundMe up and running. I知 not sure how to go about doing that but I値l certainly pitch in as much as I possibly can.

If you guys want to do that for me, I would be grateful beyond words. I hate begging for money. But I don't know what to do at this point. For food all I have is the little money left on my EBT card and the ~$80 or so dollars on my mom's EBT. Obviously I won't be able to use her card next month, assuming I can even do it right now.

My uncle is making arrangements for me to get relocated and have enough money for food. But I suppose this is the day I officially become an adult, begin to find my own new living space, and assume responsibility for everything. Thankfully I have help from the city and state as well.

Most people here, I think, don't know that I am in fact disabled and unable to work at this time. That might change after I enroll in online college, but both my therapist and psychologist have written letters to the community services board saying that I cannot work and that I need to receive SSA.

I don't want to spend my life living off the dole, and I'm embarrassed to even admit that I've never had a "real job" in my life. Until today, my job was taking care for my mother: preparing her food, doing all the shopping, lifting her off the ground every time she fell due to a problem in one of her lumbars. Out of respect, I'm not going to go into her entire medical history, but caretaking for her was a full-time job and I don't care if anyone thinks otherwise. I am not a lazy person.

Sorry for the tangent. Sometimes just writing is somewhat therapeutic for me.

But any funds I can get as I begin this new chapter of my life would be extremely appreciated. But I understand that times are difficult and I don't want anyone to feel like there's an obligation.

I love you all so much.
You're not "begging" at all. You never once even mentioned money, which I know is obviously a big concern moving forward. This is Atlas, and we take care of our own.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 08:37:53 AM »

The GoFundMe will be up tonight. Nathan and I are at work rn, but by this evening it値l be up and running.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 12:53:30 PM »

Scott- I just read this. I'm so so sorry and my heart broke for you. I know nothing I or anyone else can say will make it better now, but know that you're loved and treasured, and that there's always light waiting in the horizon. It's dark now, but I know that you will make the sun rise again. I believe in you. We believe in you.

@Sanchez- I know that we haven't been seeing eye to eye at all in recent... Well, years, but I really thank you for doing this. It's incredibly important.
Don稚 thank me, it was Joe Republic and Nathan who made this work. But I知 glad we as a forum could make a difference here.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 10:28:25 AM »

We love you too! Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies