I no longer have a family.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:53:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  I no longer have a family.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: I no longer have a family.  (Read 5590 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 21, 2020, 03:07:46 PM »

Today, around noon, I woke up and found my mother dead.

Something I hate to admit that, but I guess isn't even important anymore, is that for the last year and a half or so my mother and I have had to share a bed, due to our economic circumstances.

When I woke up, I tried waking up my mom because we had important errands to run. There was a small pool of blood next to her head. I tried waking her up by yelling and playing annoying alarm clock sounds on my iPhone, but nothing worked. I flipped her over and her face was covered and her nostrils were filled with blood. She was cold and I knew that at that point there was nothing I could do.

I called 9-1-1 and it didn't take long for them to confirm that she was gone.

I don't know what happened, but she did bang her head into something in the bathroom a few days ago. She sent a photo of her face to my uncle (retired pharmacist) and he recommended she get medical attention. But we are poor and neither of us drive. We would have had to wait five business days to get someone to see her. She decided to wait it out, and then this happened. She did not abuse drugs or alcohol.

Now, since I lost my father in 2013, both my parents are gone. And in both instances it was me who had to find their bodies.

My mother was the closest person to me in my life. She was the one who knew me from birth. She knew that I had been experiencing symptoms of mental illness from a very young age, when one day in the car I had been scratching my face until I was covered with blood. From then on I would ride with mittens strapped to my hands so that I could no longer harm myself.

We got into a huge fight yesterday, and it was all my fault. I was simply expressing frustration at the fact that we are in extreme poverty, had never had our own rooms for four years, and I saw no way out of it because despite out efforts, we were not getting offers for better housing.

I cut myself for the first time since college, and now my left arm is completely sliced. I did it only to release endorphins, and shortly after the cutting I fell asleep. (I had also cut my right arm, but the knife was too dull at that point, so I gave up.)

I take solace in the fact that I did apologize and reconcile with her, but the fact that that will be my last memory is something I will never get over.

So now I no longer have a family. I have no siblings. My uncles both live in New England and cannot visit me due to COVID restrictions. I do not have, and will no longer have, someone who loved me as much as my mother did. I will spend the rest of life in pure solitude.

I cannot afford a funeral. My mom wants to be cremated and for a Catholic priest to bless her, but that's all we can do. Since she hated Norfolk/Virginia Beach, she does not want her ashes spread, so they will likely be given to me. The funeral home informed me that an autopsy will only be conducted if they decide one is appropriate.

But it doesn't matter. She's gone. I do not have a family. I have my psychiatrist and my psychologist and the people who will be relocating me. But my family is dead and that's all that matters.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 03:14:36 PM »

I'm very sorry for your loss. You're in my prayers.
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 03:17:00 PM »

I am so, so sorry, Scott. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. I wish I had something better to say or offer than just these same old empty platitudes that you're supposed to recite when these things happen, but please try and hang in there. It may not be okay again for a while but it will be okay again someday. Love you, friend.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 03:26:01 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear that, Scott.  Let me know if there's anything I can do.  I'll be praying for you.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 03:30:03 PM »

Sooooo sorry to hear that 😭😭😭
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2020, 03:30:16 PM »

I’m very sorry to hear that. What you’re going through is awful. I will certainly be praying for you, and I wish nothing but the best for you in the future.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2020, 03:32:31 PM »

Scott.

You are loved. Absolutely loved. Loved by those you have lost and loved by those who know you. I know you will be utterly aching right now and you have to feel that. You have to let it hurt like a f-cking knife. It'll hurt more than you can ever do to yourself.

Please look after yourself. Please speak to your friends and your family and the community you have wrapped around you. They will come through for you.

If you need help and don't know who to turn to; where you're going to stay or where you are going to go from here please let us know where you stay and we can all find someone local to help you.

All my best. Take care.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2020, 03:35:55 PM »

My condolences 🙏
hyouzel the predictor
hyouzel
United States

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2020, 03:36:58 PM »

I'm so sorry for your loss. If there's anything Atlas can do as a community to help you out please let us know.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2020, 03:44:44 PM »

I"m really sorry about your loss. My sincere condoleances. Take care of yourself.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 04:00:34 PM »

I’m very sorry to hear that. Sad My deepest condolences.  You’ll be in my prayers.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 04:02:21 PM »

I tried to stop interacting with the forum over the past couple of days, but seeing this has brought me back, at least for a little while. What you've gone through is literally unthinkable to me, and I can't properly express how sorry I am for your loss.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2020, 04:03:27 PM »

I'm so incredibly sorry for your loss Scott.

PLEASE reach out to me on Discord if you need somebody to talk to.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 04:10:19 PM »

I am so sorry, Scott Sad  Please let me know if there is anything I can do!
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2020, 04:10:27 PM »

Thank you, guys. I'm literally in tears again right now just from reading these comments. I know I have a long road ahead of me and now that I no longer have my advocate, it will be Jesus who carries me though this trough.

I've considered taking a break from Atlas, but at the end of the day you guys are like a second family to me, so at the very least I'll be lurking and maybe commenting occasionally. I'm done with Atlasia for now, though.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2020, 04:11:15 PM »

I'm so sorry, Scott, I'm absolutely sick to read this and I can't imagine what you are going through. I hope that you are able to send her off with dignity and be her lasting contribution to the world. Please keep us updated on your living situation.

It's nice when blood relatives are your family, but that need not be the only definition of your kin. Please reach out to your support network if you feel down. If you feel you have no one, stop and remember you have dozens of us here who do care and want to stand in.

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2020, 04:13:14 PM »

I am so deeply sorry... I wish to say something else but I really can't translate into words the brutal sh**t going on in my mind over your loss...
Just really really please take care of yourself.
You'll be in my prayers too.
God I'm literally f**king crying as I type this.
Fuzzy Says: "Abolish NPR!"
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2020, 04:24:37 PM »

My wife and I will be praying for you intensely.

YOUR life is important to God, Himself.  He has said that He will make a way when there seems to be no way, and I will pray that God works quickly.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2020, 04:26:55 PM »

So sorry for you. I barely know you, but reading this has touched me greatly, and I will keep you in my thoughts. I know nothing anyone says can significantly ease the pain now, and that’s okay. You need to hurt. Just know that however improbable it seems now, the pain will ease. Time is a great healer.
Boobs
HCP
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2020, 04:29:48 PM »

Hi Scott. I know how much pain you must be in right now, and I wish there was something I could do to help take that pain away. But know that you are an immeasurably wonderful person, and no one knew it better than your mother, and the memories of you she has, she will continue to cherish in the next life, and that no fight or argument could undo that.

My sincerest condolences to you, my friend. I hope you will remember that you can count on us to be someone you could talk to. You are a wonderful, thoughtful person whom I love.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2020, 04:44:59 PM »

Scott, we love you more than words can tell.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2020, 04:49:40 PM »

I wish I could offer more than condolences, but I am truly sorry that you've lost not one, but both parents. You deserve much better. I hope that you're able to connect with us on the forum to help you feel at least a little less alone (obviously it's not replacement for a family, I'm aware.) Many of us want to help in the way that we can.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2020, 04:57:58 PM »

From the short time I’ve observed and spoken with you Scott, you are a deeply intelligent and thoughtful person. I send my condolences and I send you what strength I can give.
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2020, 05:02:15 PM »

I'm absolutely heartbroken for you Scott truly. I've not got the words to say it better than others already have, but take all the time you need, and let yourself feel everything that you need to feel. We all really appreciate you here.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2020, 05:08:29 PM »

I’m sorry for your loss Scott. Please, know that you are not alone and your presence illuminates the lives of others. I highly urge you to find a place to be with others during this time; either in the social services and general service at your place of Worship online or otherwise, with your close friends and acquaintances, and even in a public or private display to the users you are close to on Atlas.

We have all lost material and social losses for this pandemic, including sadly loved ones. Please, reach out to the people here and services available elsewhere, whatever plan you want to take. Please, know that we care for you and hope you heal and move forward in this crazy world as we wish others, including you, does the same. Please, know that while I have not lost the lives of those who I’m close to—my own mental health has also rapidly deteriorated. I know a bit what your going through, I’ve expressed my own situation which may be similar to what you are going through. I’m here, and while I’m not on discord (yet), however you want to talk I’m here along with many others.

I am not a religious man, I would be classified as a non-believing Sinner. However, from what I know, the grace of god is within your mother and she will most likely enter the stage where she will be connected with God’s love. Anything is possible in this crazy world, and God wants you to be strong in these testing times if I’m getting my scripture correctly. I must say, I apologize if this isn’t helping.

What I’m getting at as we all, even those more holy, are with you and want you to move forward with life to a great one on this blue-green marble.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies