Biden's Speech at Philadelphia about the Supreme Court (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:35:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden's Speech at Philadelphia about the Supreme Court (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden's Speech at Philadelphia about the Supreme Court  (Read 2086 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: September 20, 2020, 05:37:21 PM »

In this speech, Biden said that he would "consult" with Republicans about his Supreme Court pick. I hope that was just a "diplomatic" answer for the cameras because there is no reason for him to be "consulting" with Senate Republicans about his Supreme Court pick or picks.

That line will further frustrate some progressives who feel that Biden "will just nominate some right-wing or centrist judge. Why should I vote?". I'm voting for Biden but sometimes he's a bit too "diplomatic" and "nice".

This is 100% Biden.  Biden is an old school, Senate institutionalist.  He believes that the Obama-Trump era of partisanship is a aberration that he is morally and personally prepared to correct.  This is a major theme that Biden stresses in his campaign.  His politics are straight out of the 1980s.  He is not a candidate for our time. 

Isn't that a good thing? Do you want endless polarization and things as simple as masks or mail being politicized?
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 12:07:35 AM »
« Edited: September 21, 2020, 12:41:03 AM by Roll Roons »

Bernie vs. Trump would have been the s**tshow that is 2020 in a nutshell. As a never Trump Republican, it's nice to have an acceptable alternative.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies