Biden's Speech at Philadelphia about the Supreme Court (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:39:38 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden's Speech at Philadelphia about the Supreme Court (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden's Speech at Philadelphia about the Supreme Court  (Read 2087 times)
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 20, 2020, 10:32:31 AM »

Oh I hope he goes full Kennedy and lists all the 5-4 decisions from ACA to Roe to Obergefell and says we are going full Gilead if those are decided the other way. Fear is the most powerful human emotion there is. The Democrats can fearmonger suburban women, too.

If that is his approach, he won't be getting my vote, for the same reason that Hilary Clinton talking that way in 2016 pushed me away from supporting her.
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 08:27:29 AM »

Oh I hope he goes full Kennedy and lists all the 5-4 decisions from ACA to Roe to Obergefell and says we are going full Gilead if those are decided the other way. Fear is the most powerful human emotion there is. The Democrats can fearmonger suburban women, too.
If that is his approach, he won't be getting my vote, for the same reason that Hilary Clinton talking that way in 2016 pushed me away from supporting her.
Sounds like someone who was never planning on voting Democratic to begin with.

"Yes, Trump is absolutely horrible, completely incompetent, and dedicates himself every day to destroying our democracy and infecting our government with corruption and polarization.  But Biden had better be careful, if he uses standard political rhetoric that I don't like then I'll vote for Trump anyway to spite him."

said no one who was actually going to vote for Biden ever!

Well, I have voted early, two days ago, and I did vote for Biden. I did so because: A) I could not find a third-party candidate whose views on Supreme Court appointments are acceptable to me, B) Judge Sri Srinivasan is often mentioned as a possible appointee by Biden, and C) Donald Trump is absolutely the worst President we have ever had, even worse than Jimmy Carter, and he deserves a strong electoral rebuke this year.

So there. You guys did not have me pegged after all.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies