Let's face it. It's probably never going to happen BUT (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:41:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Let's face it. It's probably never going to happen BUT (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Let's face it. It's probably never going to happen BUT  (Read 1437 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: September 21, 2020, 01:55:10 AM »

The most likely of impossible scenarios, IMO, would be racial polarization dooming an unbudging GOP to control only a small part of the Midwest. Eventually, we would get Social Democrat and Christian Democrat factions.

Define "Social Democrat" and "Christian Democrat" please.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 08:45:14 AM »

The most likely of impossible scenarios, IMO, would be racial polarization dooming an unbudging GOP to control only a small part of the Midwest. Eventually, we would get Social Democrat and Christian Democrat factions.

Define "Social Democrat" and "Christian Democrat" please.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_democracy
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_democracy

I bet you're sitting there like "oh boy oh boy oh boy is he talking about my obscure ideology"

?

I'll rephrase it better: what would be the main and most profound differences between the two factions?
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 09:49:11 AM »

?

Not much. A Christian Democrat is usually "socially moderate" and takes a more decentralized approach to welfare programs, typically prioritizing the state, local, or neighborhood church level. Assuming the country is in such bad shape that a party has collapsed there's probably some consensus around bigger government to solve those problems. Most of you have probably heard of Social Democracy but Christian Democracy is an idea that hasn't really come to the Anglosphere yet.

I come from the Italosphere, so I am pretty used to the idea of Christian Democracy. At the same time I know that it is not really part of the Anglosphere. Indeed what animated my questions is that I don't really see much space for Christian Democracy in the American Democratic Party.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 10:26:24 AM »

?

Not much. A Christian Democrat is usually "socially moderate" and takes a more decentralized approach to welfare programs, typically prioritizing the state, local, or neighborhood church level. Assuming the country is in such bad shape that a party has collapsed there's probably some consensus around bigger government to solve those problems. Most of you have probably heard of Social Democracy but Christian Democracy is an idea that hasn't really come to the Anglosphere yet.

I come from the Italosphere, so I am pretty used to the idea of Christian Democracy. At the same time I know that it is not really part of the Anglosphere. Indeed what animated my questions is that I don't really see much space for Christian Democracy in the American Democratic Party.

I can see it as a far future evolution of the populist and progressive ideas being thrown around right now with input from Latin American immigrants. Localism was an element in historical American politics that disappeared because of industrialization, but those sentiments are starting to stir again in the post-industrial age. Americans have already become more insular.

OK That makes more sense to me. So the "Christian Democrat" faction would be primarily composed of Latin Americans?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies