Election Night Timelines Project (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:11:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Election Night Timelines Project (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which Midterm Scenario do you want me to do
1974 Without Watergate

1994 if Bush won Re-Election

2002 without 9/11

2018 if Hillary won in 2016

2022 if Trump retired after losing

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 5

Author Topic: Election Night Timelines Project  (Read 17201 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« on: September 18, 2020, 01:19:15 PM »

Nice TL idea. But I firmly reject the Moderate Hero Kasich (TM) would crush Hillary idea. There's no way he carries the Trump or even some of the Cruz voters. I think Clinton takes IA, WI, MI, FL, and PA to win the election. Maybe drops VA and NV.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 02:39:37 PM »

Nice TL idea. But I firmly reject the Moderate Hero Kasich (TM) would crush Hillary idea. There's no way he carries the Trump or even some of the Cruz voters. I think Clinton takes IA, WI, MI, FL, and PA to win the election. Maybe drops VA and NV.

I fully disagree, Hillary Clinton was extremely extremely unpopular and the GOP base particularly hated her so they would still come out in droves .

Also people miss this but their was a recession in the Midwest in 2016 and Kasich has a history of being able to appeal to both Non College Educated Whites and Colledge Educated Whites and his moderate positions on issues like Healthcare would help him do so

Turning out of the base is far more important than perceived moderation. Kasich isn’t turning out the Trump industrial base. You’re putting too much stock into Kasich’s “moderation.”
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 02:46:07 PM »

I fully disagree, Hillary Clinton was extremely extremely unpopular and the GOP base particularly hated her so they would still come out in droves .

Also people miss this but their was a recession in the Midwest in 2016 and Kasich has a history of being able to appeal to both Non College Educated Whites and Colledge Educated Whites and his moderate positions on issues like Healthcare would help him do so

Turning out of the base is far more important than perceived moderation. Kasich isn’t turning out the Trump industrial base. You’re putting too much stock into Kasich’s “moderation.”

Kasich would turn out the base due to hatred the base had of Hillary and also people forget but their was a recession in the Midwest in 2016

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/29/upshot/mini-recession-2016-little-known-big-impact.html

1. It cannot be denied that Trump had a powerful and unique appeal, he brought in non voters and many enthusiastic converts

2. So?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 02:52:25 PM »

Kasich would turn out the base due to hatred the base had of Hillary and also people forget but their was a recession in the Midwest in 2016

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/29/upshot/mini-recession-2016-little-known-big-impact.html

1. It cannot be denied that Trump had a powerful and unique appeal, he brought in non voters and many enthusiastic converts

2. So?

Trump did worse raw percentage-wise in PA and WI than Bush did in 2004 and the recession did impact as that turns people against the incumbent party

1. That’s just because of third party voters. Any gains by Kasich would make with them would be offset two fold by the loss of trumps industrial base

2. That really didn’t have an impact on the 2016 election.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2020, 08:49:39 PM »

Even without the collapse of Lehman, after eight years of Bush I don't see how Rudy can win. But we will see
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies