2022 MA gubernatorial D primary, Healy and Walsh tied at 25%, Baker if D would be at 60%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:48:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  2022 MA gubernatorial D primary, Healy and Walsh tied at 25%, Baker if D would be at 60%
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2022 MA gubernatorial D primary, Healy and Walsh tied at 25%, Baker if D would be at 60%  (Read 756 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2020, 12:00:15 PM »

TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 01:11:03 PM »

The initial release has been corrected: Goldberg is at 4%

With Baker in the race as a Democrat:

Baker 62%
Healey 13%
Walsh 7%
Pressley 4%
Goldberg 1%
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 01:27:28 PM »

Charles Duane Baker I, King and Emperor of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2020, 08:44:34 PM »

Baker has become very popular, I suspect that he's going to stay in the Governor's seat until a Republican leaning midterm comes around and then go for higher office (if it's up in that year).
tpfkaw
wormyguy
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.58, S: 1.65

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2020, 01:20:34 PM »

Massachusetts is a large state that has a very powerful Governor with no term limits. Being one of 100 Senators would be a downgrade, particularly since he would immediately start out as an underdog for reelection.
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 05:32:16 PM »

In the age of Trump, Baker has no shot of being a Senator - His support of Collins could hurt him cause it takes away the idea that he’s totally a difffent kind of Republican - although he does continue to criticize Trump.

I expected Healey to be well ahead in this primary - with her being close to Walsh. I’m starting to think Kennedy would be favored to win the primary, an underdog in the General.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 07:00:19 PM »

In the age of Trump, Baker has no shot of being a Senator - His support of Collins could hurt him cause it takes away the idea that he’s totally a difffent kind of Republican - although he does continue to criticize Trump.

I expected Healey to be well ahead in this primary - with her being close to Walsh. I’m starting to think Kennedy would be favored to win the primary, an underdog in the General.

I wonder what would happen if Baker switched parties to run for Senate. That might be his best shot if he doesn't want to be Governor-for-life.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 07:23:45 PM »

Massachusetts is a large state that has a very powerful Governor with no term limits. Being one of 100 Senators would be a downgrade, particularly since he would immediately start out as an underdog for reelection.

Democrats tending to hold a veto-proof majority in the legislature diminish the significance of that office for a Republican and at some point, Baker may either want to move on to a different kind of job or find that the electorate/political forces are tiring of his incumbency (after his third or fourth term if not earlier, I'd imagine). Given that presidential politics are a no-go zone for him with the current iteration of the Republican Party, the realistic alternatives are the Senate and the House,.

I suspect Baker is gearing up for another run at the governorship in 2022 but I could see him interrupting his third term with a tilt at the Senate in 2024.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 07:32:01 PM »

Honestly if Baker switched parties that would raise my opinion of him, but still not enough to vote for him in a primary unless his opponent was really bad.

He isn't switching parties though.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2020, 07:42:21 PM »

If Baker switched parties, he might actually do better in a Presidential primary than he would as a Republican.

His views aren't that far away from say...Buttigeig for example.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2020, 01:44:17 PM »

Favorite son much?
DPKdebator
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.81, S: 3.65

P P P

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2020, 03:12:24 PM »

I don't think Baker would run for Senate unless it's a Republican-favored cycle and it is an open seat or he was up against Elizabeth Warren, who is relatively unpopular for a Massachusetts Democrat.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies