Russ Diamond
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:39:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Russ Diamond
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Russ Diamond  (Read 2197 times)
nini2287
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 2.77, S: -3.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 02, 2006, 11:16:39 PM »

I haven't been following the PA Governor Race too much lately.  Is he definitely going to run and he does he have any other platform besides "I'm an outsider"?
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2006, 11:25:58 PM »

He's running. The only issue is concerning the 67,000 signatures he needs to get on the ballot (which I think he'll get). His issues - I'm an outside and one of the main opponents of the pay raise. The man will have quite an impact on this race. I don't think he'll break into the double digits but he'll get close.
Kevin
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 09:37:26 AM »

Who the hell is Diamond?
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 09:48:46 AM »

He was the President of the Clean Sweep Organization.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 10:25:07 AM »

He was the President of the Clean Sweep Organization.

Explanation of what that is for those that don't know: That group was the main organization against the pay raise passed last summer by the state legislature.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 12:52:20 PM »

He's running. The only issue is concerning the 67,000 signatures he needs to get on the ballot (which I think he'll get). His issues - I'm an outside and one of the main opponents of the pay raise. The man will have quite an impact on this race. I don't think he'll break into the double digits but he'll get close.

he sounds like pennsylvania's version of christy mihos.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 01:18:33 PM »

But is Mihos really serious about his cause? This pay raise issue is very serious here and Diamond seems to see himself as a real champion of the people against a corrupt government. Mihos seems to be running just because he can and for the attention.
True Democrat
true democrat
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -2.87

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2006, 01:27:23 PM »

I don't get why he's against slots.
WalterMitty
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 1.68, S: -2.26

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2006, 07:50:10 PM »

But is Mihos really serious about his cause? This pay raise issue is very serious here and Diamond seems to see himself as a real champion of the people against a corrupt government. Mihos seems to be running just because he can and for the attention.

i think mihos is  serious about being a spoiler.
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2006, 09:27:13 PM »

i think mihos is  serious about being a spoiler.

I think Diamond sees this as more than being just a spoiler. He wants to be the clear champion of an issue. The issue and a campaign focused around it is important; being a spoiler just comes with it.
NewFederalist
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2006, 03:19:23 PM »

If Russ Diamond is really at 16% in the polls (I know it was Rasmussen) then he is in better shape at this point in time than Jesse Ventura was in Minnesota in the '98 campaign. Since the two major party nominees are nothing to get all that excited about and there will not likely be any minor party nominees due to the enormous signature requirement, he could do quite well. He did very well as a debater in the 2004 campaign for Congress so if he gets a shot at appearing with Rendell and Swann he could do VERY well. The downside to the Ventura comparison is the fact that Minnesota has public funding for campaigns whereas Pennsylvania does not so Diamond may be so badly outspent that he fades big in the stretch.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2006, 06:52:55 PM »

If Russ Diamond is really at 16% in the polls (I know it was Rasmussen) then he is in better shape at this point in time than Jesse Ventura was in Minnesota in the '98 campaign. Since the two major party nominees are nothing to get all that excited about and there will not likely be any minor party nominees due to the enormous signature requirement, he could do quite well. He did very well as a debater in the 2004 campaign for Congress so if he gets a shot at appearing with Rendell and Swann he could do VERY well. The downside to the Ventura comparison is the fact that Minnesota has public funding for campaigns whereas Pennsylvania does not so Diamond may be so badly outspent that he fades big in the stretch.

That poll was the only one that showed Diamond above the small single digits, so I think it is bunk.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies