AZ - OH Predictive Insights: Biden +10%
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:30:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  AZ - OH Predictive Insights: Biden +10%
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: AZ - OH Predictive Insights: Biden +10%  (Read 4080 times)
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 08:30:03 AM »

Wow, and my bullish prediction was Biden 52 / Trump 46.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2020, 09:12:54 AM »

They had Clinton winning Arizona by 5 at one point in 2016, so they have always had a D Bias.  Biden is winning AZ but not by 10 points let’s not be dumb.

This pollster frequently gave McSally her best poll results in 2018 (winning outside the margin of error in some), so to say it has a Democratic bias is not accurate.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2020, 09:19:55 AM »

They had Clinton winning Arizona by 5 at one point in 2016, so they have always had a D Bias.  Biden is winning AZ but not by 10 points let’s not be dumb.

This pollster frequently gave McSally her best poll results in 2018 (winning outside the margin of error in some), so to say it has a Democratic bias is not accurate.

538's pollster ratings have them with an average bias of R+0.9.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2020, 09:21:46 AM »

What would this mean if this happened? I don't think many of us really comprehend what this would mean.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2020, 09:24:48 AM »

Speaking of McSally, I'm sad this poll didn't ask about the senate race. We could have perhaps seen the widest lead for Kelly yet, continuing the seats trend towards Likely Dem.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2020, 09:24:48 AM »

What would this mean if this happened? I don't think many of us really comprehend what this would mean.

Biden wins the election by a large margin (EV in the high 300's or low 400's).  McSally is blown out, of course.  Democrats likely take the Senate with a couple of seats to spare.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2020, 09:28:02 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2020, 09:50:49 AM by Oryxslayer »

Biden wins the election by a large margin (EV in the high 300's or low 400's).  McSally is blown out, of course.  Democrats likely take the Senate with a couple of seats to spare.

Means AZ would have a PVI less republican that NC and FL, which is a jump I'm not sure people will expect. It also probably means Biden wins AZ on E-Night thanks to the large, but not complete, initial mail ballot drop.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2020, 09:29:56 AM »

Who knows really?  On the one hand it could be indicative of a large Biden landslide.  On the other hand it could be indicative of demographic changes specific to AZ (which we know is happening but this result would show is happening at a more rapid pace than previously thought).  It could also be rejection of the incumbent.  Arizona has a lot of reitrees (who are much more receptive to the Democratic ticket than they were 4 years ago), a significant veteran population, a significant Mormon population, and was home to John McCain.  

Of course, it could also be that Biden +10% is a normal polling result for a race that is really Biden + 6-7%.  

That said, I do believe that Biden is ahead here and the polling has been very consistent.  Biden is just as good of a fit for the state as Sinema was (aside from him not living in AZ), and the demographics have continued to shift in the Democrats favor since 2018.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2020, 09:37:09 AM »

Speaking of McSally, I'm sad this poll didn't ask about the senate race. We could have perhaps seen the widest lead for Kelly yet, continuing the seats trend towards Likely Dem.

they did, they just haven't released it yet Wink
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2020, 09:38:20 AM »

It's possible that they will release Senate numbers tomorrow (that's typically how they release their results IIRC).
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2020, 09:46:00 AM »

Good news.

But I don't buy that 20% of Rs are voting for Biden there.

Also, why are pollsters not polling Jorgensen, when she's on all 50 ballots ?
Because she’s a gadfly and will get less than 1% of the vote??
tagimaucia

« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2020, 09:50:18 AM »

Who knows really?  On the one hand it could be indicative of a large Biden landslide.  On the other hand it could be indicative of demographic changes specific to AZ (which we know is happening but this result would show is happening at a more rapid pace than previously thought).  

Arizona is basically 60% urban and suburban whites.  It makes sense that it would shift harder left than other battleground states.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2020, 09:55:59 AM »

This is a bit too rosy I think, but Biden should be fine in AZ. If he wins Maricopa by more than 3-4 pts, he for sure takes these 11 EVs.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2020, 09:57:00 AM »

Arizona is Virginia 2008 confirmed?

Seems like the same sort of out-of-nowhere large-margin flip.
kireev

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2020, 10:16:54 AM »

+5 Rep Party ID and Trump +1% 2016 sample.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2020, 10:18:34 AM »

+5 Rep Party ID and Trump +1% 2016 sample.
That could be what happens this year. I'm sure that it probably won't happen but a 10 point election is a possibility. My guess is that Biden wins by perhaps the same margin Hilary lost or Sinema won.
CellarDoor
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2020, 10:23:53 AM »

Who knows really?  On the one hand it could be indicative of a large Biden landslide.  On the other hand it could be indicative of demographic changes specific to AZ (which we know is happening but this result would show is happening at a more rapid pace than previously thought).  

Arizona is basically 60% urban and suburban whites.  It makes sense that it would shift harder left than other battleground states.

Yep.  And a relatively well-educated state.
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2020, 11:12:40 AM »

The D bias of having McSally up 7 in late October?
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2020, 11:13:41 AM »

It could mean Biden wins Texas.
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2020, 01:18:11 PM »

I need more crosstabs. Were boaters underrepresented?
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2020, 01:38:35 PM »

#MillionMillionaireMarch
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2020, 01:44:22 PM »

Ds have won AZ in 48, 64 and 96 and in 64 and 96 Ds won a mandate election, that's why its gonna be a mandate election, for Biden.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2020, 03:18:33 PM »

Junk poll!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies