Office of Battista Minola 1616
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:58:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Battista Minola 1616
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Office of Battista Minola 1616  (Read 5448 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2021, 10:24:46 AM »

Just the last reminder that I am running for re-election. During what has been my first term in the Frémont Parliament, I have learned quite a bit of things, and thanks also to my colleagues we have accomplished important things, like pioneering sustainable agriculture based on healthy soil principles, and expanding quality public transport projects. And rolling out the COVID vaccine of course!
I think my record speaks for itself. As always, I don't promise too much, if not that I'll keep working for a more stable, safer, and more community-oriented Frémont.

Battista Minola 1616 for Frémont Parliament
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2021, 11:08:43 PM »

Battista, your feedback and amendments have been invaluable for several bills this session. It's been a joy to work with you in parliament. Endorsed!
Anna Komnene
Siren

« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2021, 07:36:21 PM »

Congratulations on getting the most first preferences! Well deserved.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2021, 02:07:15 AM »

My heartiest congratulations!
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2021, 02:09:30 AM »

Congratulations! May the papists of Nuevo México continue to prosper under your watchful eye.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2021, 09:07:34 AM »

Congratulations on getting the most first preferences! Well deserved.

Thanks! I was surprised myself.

Thank you too!

Congratulations! May the papists of Nuevo México continue to prosper under your watchful eye.

Lmao. You're a legend, Truman. Thank you!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2021, 09:14:52 AM »

I look forward to working with you over the next few months, and hopefully for even longer! I'm certain this session will be highly productive, especially now we have a much larger opposition body in the chamber to contribute to thoughtful and productive debate on preexisting policies.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2021, 06:31:32 AM »

I look forward to working with you over the next few months, and hopefully for even longer! I'm certain this session will be highly productive, especially now we have a much larger opposition body in the chamber to contribute to thoughtful and productive debate on preexisting policies.

Thank you! I am looking forward to this session too, the last one was good but I'm sure a six-member Parliament can be even more productive.
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -1.22

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2021, 07:03:31 PM »

Make NM Proud. Smiley
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2021, 07:56:24 PM »

Esteemed Member of the Frémont Parliament “Battista Minola 1616”, as a member of your constituency I have discovered troubling news!

The Citizen's Dispatch
First Pandemic Update

A New Hope as Vaccines Strike Back

The Atlasian vaccination effort has continued very successfully: congressional, executive, and regional coordinated efforts have resulted in a dip in the number of new cases and a stunning drop in death rates (last week, we saw a 25% drop in deaths from the week immediately prior, which had itself presented fewer fatalities than those before). The only states still showing strong negative trends are Arizona, New Mexico, and Puerto Rico, as large Southern states (like Texas and Oklahoma) have proved successful at greatly reducing positivity rates.

Vaccination levels have kept up a steady pace, as Atlasia is distributing a little above 3 million shots daily, with the percentage of citizens who have received at least one dose quickly climbing up. Currently (perhaps ironically, given they have faced more challenges regarding positivity rates and the spread of the virus), the nation's best performer in the vaccination race appears to be Fremont, with the South and Lincoln comparatively lagging behind.
New Mexico and our sibling Arizona, as well as our cousin Puerto Rico, are still suffering from raging COVID levels despite, in the case of New Mexico and Arizona, being in Atlasia’s best performing region for vaccinations! What is the reason for such stark disparities?!

As my representative in the Frémont Parliament, I implore you to find the causes of this before more of your constituents perish! Angry Please do not delay; lives are at stake!

Sincerely, Citizen WMS
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2021, 12:52:09 PM »

Esteemed Member of the Frémont Parliament “Battista Minola 1616”, as a member of your constituency I have discovered troubling news!

New Mexico and our sibling Arizona, as well as our cousin Puerto Rico, are still suffering from raging COVID levels despite, in the case of New Mexico and Arizona, being in Atlasia’s best performing region for vaccinations! What is the reason for such stark disparities?!

As my representative in the Frémont Parliament, I implore you to find the causes of this before more of your constituents perish! Angry Please do not delay; lives are at stake!

Sincerely, Citizen WMS

Oh, yikes!

It looks like there have been new outbreaks, sadly, in Native Atlasian reservations, especially in the Navajo Nation, which notoriously spans the two states of Arizona and New Mexico. I can't speak for Puerto Rico of course.
However, precisely because we are doing well on the vaccination front, I urge not to panic, for case rates and death rates will surely drop in our state soon as well.

- Battista Minola 1616
WMS
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: March 27, 2021, 12:23:22 PM »

Yes, the epidemic has been at plague levels in the land of the Diné Sad

Thank you for a prompt and friendly response Kiki

Hopefully this pandemic will end there as well!

Citizen WMS
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2021, 04:04:28 PM »

I have just officially announced that I am running for a third term. This Parliament has been very productive! I have given special consideration to our museums and cultural institutions, but we have passed a wide array of bills ranging from making our electoral laws clearer to offering incentives to help combatting personnel shortages in rural hospitals to promoting preparedness and prevention against anomalous climate events, and more. Of course, a big thanks goes to all my colleagues and especially the now retiring Speaker Siren.
I will keep working for Frémont, if you give me the chance. Gloria Frémontis!

The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2021, 05:41:58 PM »

Endorsed for a third term! May St. Paul's Within the Walls bestow on you with great fortune.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2021, 06:21:52 PM »

Endorsed!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2021, 06:34:52 PM »

Endorsed!
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2021, 03:33:33 PM »

A reminder that I am yet again running for re-election and the polls open tomorrow! This summer term has been less dramatic and exciting than usual, but this is perhaps just a reflection of Frémont experiencing a particularly good period of peace and prosperity now that the COVID pandemic has receded. Still, the Parliament had some activity, for example we continued in our commitment to environmental protection and I just introduced a bill to strengthen our relationship with the country of Italy.
Gloria Frémontis!

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2021, 09:06:14 PM »

I apologize for updating my office thread a bit late, but I want to confirm right here that yes, Frémont has reached the end of history, and yes, I have been chosen as vice presidential candidate by our illustrious Scott, the next (hopefully!) President of Atlasia, and I have accepted the selection very happily. Now some of you may remember this is not the first time I am offered a spot on a federal ticket, and that one did not exactly pan out, but this October things are guaranteed to proceed much more smoothly.

All I can say is: support the Scott/Battista ticket this October! For a more moral, fair and prosperous Atlasia!
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2021, 05:50:00 AM »

Well. A big thanks to you all for supporting the Scott/Battista ticket! This was a resounding victory for the people, not by chance on an all-Frémont ticket. Now I am your Vice President-elect, and together with Scott we will be able to do great things for all of Atlasia. For more about this, I fully endorse Scott's victory speech.

This also means I will soon leave my post in the Frémont Parliament. It has been a good year (or rather eleven months). You'll be in safe hands.

- Vice President-elect Battista Minola 1616
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2021, 12:46:38 PM »

I have officially sworn in as your Vice President. Scott and I are going to get to business soon. The priorities of this administration are outlined in Scott's inaugural address. I have little to add to his words except to say that it is an honour to occupy the second-highest office in the land and that I am again thankful to all those who have supported me here.

Dave bless you. Populis populi.

- Vice President Battista Minola 1616
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2021, 07:13:02 PM »

I want to echo some of the sentiments expressed by President Scott in recent days, especially in light of the just concluded midterm elections, which symbolically represent a good moment to make an assessment.

The Senate has definitely been not at its best in the last term, with procedure often being administered slowly or sloppily, too many members not voting, and a fair few threads that are just a clutter of unfunny unreadable personal fights. We really would like to see less of that going forward.

For the good news, we have still been able to do quite a few things in the past two months, and most significantly the Senate is about to pass the New Great Society Act, which is an investment in the Atlasian community and in our infrastructure of historic size - and has naturally been the signature focus of this administration. Hopefully more significant achievement await us too.

Populis populi.

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2021, 05:58:37 PM »

I am honoured to announce that the New Great Society Act is now law of the land. President Scott and I have already expended many words on this historic bill so I'll be short here. I just want to add myself to the special acknowledgement of Senator Western Democrat, who crafted the bill and worked most of all towards its passage, and thank him more generally for his strong legislative leadership during our term together and not only. A great legislator for certain.

On a related note, I noticed that WD has thrown his hat into the ring for the next PPT election. As the President of the Senate - by virtue of being Vice President - I am reluctant to give official endorsements for the position of president pro tempore. Nevertheless, I will state that should he be elected, I'm sure he'd be more than up to the job, and repeat what I said above about his virtues as a legislator.

Populis populi.

𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: February 13, 2022, 11:05:45 AM »

I have not posted here in quite a while, so I just want to give a couple updates:

1) We have finally submitted and passed a FY2022 and FY2023 authorizations bill, and should be close to passing the proper budget as well, thereby finally closing this long and confusing chapter. Hopefully the blueprint North Carolina Yankee gave us will make future budget processes easier and less of a pain.

2) Scott and I are obviously not running for re-election in the end. I will probably take a break from active politics for a while after this, but nothing is definitive yet.

Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2022, 12:32:19 AM »

Sorry to see you go even temporarily – if that is true –, Mr. Vice President, but take all the R&R you need.
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: February 15, 2022, 02:59:29 PM »

Sorry to see you go even temporarily – if that is true –, Mr. Vice President, but take all the R&R you need.

Well, I have decided against it in the end - I have been suggested to run for Parliament again, to give it some life hopefully, and after some pondering I'll go for it. It's a less stressful job for sure.

Obligatory banner:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies