Ninja/LT October 2020 - Yes We Can
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:41:28 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Ninja/LT October 2020 - Yes We Can
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Ninja/LT October 2020 - Yes We Can  (Read 1767 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2020, 02:14:47 PM »

I must say that there is a great degree of irony in those who feel the need to come into my thread and call us "weak".
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2020, 04:53:27 PM »

Can someone on the Atlasian Left tell me why they are reacting in this way?

Attorney General, Senator-Elect, & Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2020, 10:45:04 PM »

Now that this candidacy has officially aligned itself with federalists, I hope the electorate sees them for what they are: Just another phony conservative ticket. Let's unite this country and UNANIMOUSLY elect MB this month!!!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2020, 11:30:13 PM »

One hell of a ticket.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2020, 11:12:42 PM »
« Edited: October 10, 2020, 12:40:17 PM by MC Ninja0428 »

Sorry about the delay in this but here's the platform:

The Economy and Fiscal Issues:

-The current uncoordinated nature of our federal and regional budgets is unrealistic and unsustainable in the long run. We support rewriting the Budget Process Act to make it more consistent and easy to understand, as well as calling a meeting of federal and regional leaders to better coordinate tax rates and spending.
-We will continue to support stimulus and disaster relief spending to support the economy in our current time of crisis. We also believe that now is not a good time for major tax rate changes as not to further disturb the economy.
-In the future, we will support policies of responsible spending.Although it is currently necessary to run deficits, during times of economic strength we believe that the deficit must be kept under control. We will also work towards being able to save money in a rainy day fund to make the next crisis easier to handle.
-We will ensure that the federal audit which was mandated in 2018 is completed, and we will make changes to improve government efficiency and reduce waste spending when that information becomes available.
-We will support our future entrepreneurs by providing financial security and easy to access information which will make starting small businesses easier.
-We will always put the Main Street economy first. We will never give big breaks to Wall Street which harm small businesses and workers.
-We believe that regulation in the economy is necessary to protect the rights and safety of our workers and consumers. However, these regulations must also not be overly cumbersome and inhibiting to the economy. We support streamlining regulations and making them easier to access and understand to reduce the burden on businesses.
The Covid-19 Crisis:
-We will continue to do whatever is necessary to ensure that Atlasian workers can retain financial security during this crisis. Nobody should have to give up their home, their food, or any other needs because of this.
-We will improve communication from the Federal government to the regional, state, and local governments, which has currently been rather unclear from the standpoint of a regional legislator.
-We will establish clear guidelines on what restrictions and protections are necessary to ensure the safety of Atlasian citizens. We support protections such as mask mandates in the many high risk areas across the nation, but it must be acknowledged that Atlasia is a vast nation and that we can not possibly know the needs of every locale, so some decisions will have to be made on lower levels of government. We will ensure that federal guidelines are clearly communicated to those levels.
-We will establish an official federal task force consisting of experts to advise the federal government on its actions regarding the pandemic.
-All campaign events by our ticket will take place with social distancing and mask wearing.
The Government:
-We believe that devolution of authority to lower jurisdictions of government in Atlasia is vital to ensuring that the specific needs of the varied areas of Atlasia are addressed properly and we will always protect the federal system. In general, our administration will focus on issues pertaining to the nation as a whole.
-We believe that Atlasia is about more than just winning elections. We will support an active community where players are engaged in policy making and we will actively engage in world events in cooperation with the Game Moderator.
-We support maintaining and improving upon the current NPC election system, as it has proven to be an engaging system for any players to partake in. If a new Game Moderator must be appointed, we will ensure that our nominee is willing and able to continue supporting these elections.
-We believe that a successful government and a successful Atlasia must be active and politically diverse, and we will take whatever steps necessary to encourage this.
-We believe that the federal government goes beyond just congress, and that the executive branch too has an important role to play. We will appoint active and insightful members to positions in our administration to ensure that the duties of the government are carried out, including by reinstating the Department of Internal Affairs. There will be opportunities for members of all parties to serve in administration.
-We believe that all people, even those who we are politically critical of, have useful contributions to make to public policy, and we are willing to listen to and work with all parties to improve Atlasia.
Foreign Policy:
-We will not create senseless wars and conflicts. Although we will not tolerate attacks on Atlasia and its allies, it is wrong to create more unnecessary human suffering through acts of aggression.
-We will look to diplomacy first to resolve international conflicts, and we along with a qualified Secretary of State will take an active role in bettering the world through cooperation
-We believe that it is important for democratic nations to stand together and defend each other from tyranny. We will seek to expand our global partnerships with like-minded democratic nations, as well as to incentive greater democratization and human rights in the global community.
-We will not engage  in irresponsible trade wars which harm our workers and consumers, but we will support policies to encourage doing business in Atlasia and its allies. We support creating more trade deals with friendly nations, and leveling the playing field with nations who seek to attract businesses through human rights violations.
Infrastructure:
-We will provide the proper funding to ensure that our nation's infrastructure is able to catch up and keep up with our society, as without it our nation can not be sustained.
-We support national infrastructure improvements such as building high speed rail and upgrading the national power grid.
-We also support providing funding mechanisms to help local communities build and maintain infrastructure. Projects such as expanding broadband access, building sidewalks, public transportation, park spaces, etc. provide great benefits to our towns and cities.
-We will provide good paying jobs to Atlasian citizens working on the infrastructure projects which we fund.
-We will ensure that new infrastructure which is built is more environmentally friendly than previous infrastructure in our nation
The Environment:
-We believe that climate change is a real threat and that the public and private sectors must work to protect the climate and our wildlife.
-We support reducing Atlasia’s reliance on fossil fuels for energy and investing in cleaner and more modern options.
-We will reward businesses which improve their environmental standing, and penalize those who are harming it.
-We will invite scientific and economic leaders to work together with the public and private sectors to innovate our economy in order to reduce our environmental impact.
Healthcare:
-We support the Atlascare system and will protect it from unwarranted spending cuts.
Education:
-We believe that there should be a national standard for education which ensures that all Atlasians receive a quality education, while also allowing local jurisdictions and regional governments to adjust their curriculum as it suits them best.
-We support providing greater choice for students in their education to choose a path that best suits them. Whether their preferred field be in the sciences, the humanities, the arts, the trades, or any goal which students have, we will ensure that all students are able to reach their fullest potential based on their skills and interests.
-We believe that innovation in education is necessary to ensure that students are ready for their modern world. We will allow education professionals to trial new methods and implement those which are more effective than the ways of old.
Social Issues:
-The rights of free speech, belief, press, and organization are necessary to sustain a functioning democracy, and we will defend them at all costs.
-We stand firmly in support of LGBT+ people and work to remove barriers for them in education, the economy, and in exercising their rights as Atlasians.
-We believe that nobody should be entitled to an unfair advantage based on their ethnic background, gender, or other parts of their identity. We will work to eliminate systemic discrimination to ensure that all Atlasians are able to live the best lives they can.
-We support reforming policing and criminal justice policies in order to prevent needless death or injuries, eliminate racial profiling, end unfair asset seizure, and reform criminals so that they can become productive members of society.

This may be added to later.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2020, 11:48:08 AM »
« Edited: October 20, 2020, 11:52:54 AM by sev »

Infrastructure:
-We will provide the proper funding to ensure that our nation's infrastructure is able to catch up and keep up with our society, as without it our nation can not be sustained.
-We support national infrastructure improvements such as building high speed rail and upgrading the national power grid.
-We will ensure that new infrastructure which is built is more environmentally friendly than previous infrastructure in our nation

Mr. Ninja, I have some questions about your commitment level to these platform planks.

As you may have noticed, no Representative has been more destructive to the advancement of high speed rail than Representative Beeman of the Democratic Alliance, disregarding environmental impact altogether and working to include stops in places like Texarkana and Nacogdoches.

Are you going to vote for a majority that can implement your platform, if elected, or are you a party man first and foremost?
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2020, 12:02:44 PM »

Infrastructure:

Mr. Ninja, I have some questions about your commitment level to these platform planks.

As you may have noticed, no Representative has been more destructive to the advancement of high speed rail than Representative Beeman of the Democratic Alliance, disregarding environmental impact altogether and working to include stops in places like Texarkana and Nacogdoches.

Are you going to vote for a majority that can implement your platform, if elected, or are you a party man first and foremost?
As far as I know, Ninja isn't beeman.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2020, 12:09:45 PM »

Infrastructure:

I'm asking if he is going to vote for Beeman or someone who supports high speed rail, since Ninja is a train supporter
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2020, 12:32:02 PM »

Infrastructure:

I'm asking if he is going to vote for Beeman or someone who supports high speed rail, since Ninja is a train supporter
I'm pretty sure that Ninja's platform isn't only about trains and beeman probably is closer to his views then you are as according to his Political Matrix, he is centrist economically then yours. I don't get why you think that Ninja is running only under trains.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2020, 12:42:10 PM »

Infrastructure:

I see no evidence that Rep Beeman is actively working to destroy the High Speed Rail act. There's plenty of specific components of that bill to be debated and we might not all agree on those specifics but Beeman has been very clear about supporting high speed rail. I don't see any reason to believe that he is going to prevent HSR from happening nor that he would refuse to vote for the bill if his amendments are not adopted in full. If this bill isn't passed until next term and ends up on my desk with blatantly objectionable material in it I will make that clear and send it back to congress, regardless of who added that material. I hope you understand this.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2020, 05:38:13 PM »

Endorsed.
Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2020, 05:21:04 PM »

Endorsed!
Fmr. Representative Encke
Encke
United States

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2020, 07:17:41 PM »

Endorsed!
erſatz-york
SlippingJimmy

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2020, 10:26:55 PM »

Endorſed
TheSaint250
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: 5.22

P P
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2020, 10:51:37 PM »

Endorsed!
alancia
Argentina

Political Matrix
E: 0.77, S: -0.35

« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2020, 10:52:40 PM »

Strongly Endorsed!
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2020, 12:03:12 AM »

Well it would unfortunately seem that unfortunately we have lost this election, and at this point I concede this election to MB. I would like to thank LT for being a fantastic running mate and all the work he put into our campaign, those who assisted our campaign such us Tmth, Yankee, and everyone else who worked with us for their help, and most importantly everybody who voted for our ticket. I do not regret running this campaign with any of you! I congratulate MB on winning this election and I wish him well in his administration. I'm not sure I can say much about the future because I don't entirely know what my future here will be like. I'm going to try to relax more for the next couple of months and hopefully I'll decide what to do then. In the meantime from outside of elected office I will continue to push for reforms for the people as Democratic Alliance is committed to doing. Good night and Dave bless Atlasia!
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2020, 12:25:52 AM »

Congrats on a campaign well fought and run. We may have our differences but a little civility doesn't hurt! Wink
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2020, 07:42:05 AM »

Good job on having a clean and non-mudslingy campaign. Here's to February!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies