Biden's campaign admits that they're full of sh**t
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 04:45:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Biden's campaign admits that they're full of sh**t
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Biden's campaign admits that they're full of sh**t  (Read 4090 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2020, 09:26:09 PM »

Re: Hickenlooper, the ethics issue is a nothingburger molehill that's been turned into a mountain but Hickenlooper's opponents on both sides for political reasons.  It's basically the email server scandal of Colorado.

Hickenlooper is a popular two-term governor. As soon as he got in the race he began polling ahead of Romanoff by margins like 68-11 or similar.  Just like in Kentucky, it was only at the last minute that the race began to tighten as a slew of progressive endorsements for Romanoff turned it into another unnecessary establishment-vs-progressive fight.

I really can't believe y'all are holding this up as an example of why you hate the Democratic Party but I suppose anything works to arrive at the conclusion you inevitably longed to get to.  It's pretty obvious that sawx is just clinging irrationally to any reason to hate the Democratic Party at this point, which is why he keeps bringing up isolated Twitter bulls--t and complaining about Dem leaders supporting popular candidates who poll at 50+% ahead of their primary competition.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2020, 09:31:05 PM »

This story may not seem much, but the drip-drip of similar stories, combined with everything the DNC has done, backs it up. From Ted Kaufman's austerity comments to Biden's own "nothing will change" leak, it only backs up the attitudes I've seen in the Democratic Party.

This is the most frustrating of all the things you wrote because you're a smart, well-informed guy, and I know you know that "nothing will change" quote is a BS attack on Biden that's taken wildly out of context and lied about non-stop by leftists.  But here you are repeating it as an attack against Biden.  You have to know that what you're writing is BS but you're writing it anyway.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2020, 01:18:57 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2020, 01:25:02 AM by doomer sawx »

I really can't believe y'all are holding this up as an example of why you hate the Democratic Party but I suppose anything works to arrive at the conclusion you inevitably longed to get to.  It's pretty obvious that sawx is just clinging irrationally to any reason to hate the Democratic Party at this point, which is why he keeps bringing up isolated Twitter bulls--t and complaining about Dem leaders supporting popular candidates who poll at 50+% ahead of their primary competition.

I happen to think that Colorado isn't at the point where we need to elect a conservative on environmental policy whose campaign for president was pearl-clutching about the Red Scare. This is not Pennsylvania or Texas we're talking about. This is Colorado - while there's a good amount of the industry there, the good people of the state are more receptive to regulation against the oil industry.

I do think there needs to be some sort of an ideological litmus test in certain states. This doesn't mean we expel Joe Manchin or Jon Tester or whatever. This doesn't mean we start demanding a Green New Deal supporter in PA, or run a pro-income tax candidate in NH-Gov. You make compromises in purple and red states, not in Colo-****ing-rado!

As for the point about "isolated Twitter BS", you're misreading my point. I bring up "isolated Twitter bull****" because people like you don't think it's isolated twitter BS when the isolated twitter BS comes from the left. If it's people on the center, it's isolated Twitter BS. If it's the left, you're the most vocal one here dragging it off your timeline and onto the forum.

I don't even need to give an example. You already gave us one on the last page!

This story may not seem much, but the drip-drip of similar stories, combined with everything the DNC has done, backs it up. From Ted Kaufman's austerity comments to Biden's own "nothing will change" leak, it only backs up the attitudes I've seen in the Democratic Party.

This is the most frustrating of all the things you wrote because you're a smart, well-informed guy, and I know you know that "nothing will change" quote is a BS attack on Biden that's taken wildly out of context and lied about non-stop by leftists.  But here you are repeating it as an attack against Biden.  You have to know that what you're writing is BS but you're writing it anyway.

The full quote, for the record:

Quote from: Joe Biden
"The truth of the matter is, you all, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done. We can disagree in the margins but the truth of the matter is it’s all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one’s standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change,” he said.

Seems pretty open to interpretation. Taxing the rich is nice (it's not like the guy is literally Trump), but it only gets you so far.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2020, 01:28:57 AM »

I really can't believe y'all are holding this up as an example of why you hate the Democratic Party but I suppose anything works to arrive at the conclusion you inevitably longed to get to.  It's pretty obvious that sawx is just clinging irrationally to any reason to hate the Democratic Party at this point, which is why he keeps bringing up isolated Twitter bulls--t and complaining about Dem leaders supporting popular candidates who poll at 50+% ahead of their primary competition.

I happen to think that Colorado isn't at the point where we need to elect a conservative on environmental policy whose campaign for president was pearl-clutching about the Red Scare. This is not Pennsylvania or Texas we're talking about. This is Colorado - while there's a good amount of the industry there, the good people of the state are more receptive to regulation against the oil industry.

I do think there needs to be some sort of an ideological litmus test. This doesn't mean we expel Joe Manchin or Jon Tester or whatever. This doesn't mean we start demanding a Green New Deal supporter in PA, or run a pro-income tax candidate in NH-Gov. You make compromises in purple and red states, not in Colo-****ing-rado!

As for the point about "isolated Twitter BS", you're misreading my point. I bring up "isolated Twitter bull****" because people like you don't think it's isolated twitter BS when the isolated twitter BS comes from the left. If it's people on the center, it's isolated Twitter BS. If it's the left, you're the most vocal one here dragging it off your timeline and onto the forum.

I don't even need to give an example. You already gave us one on the last page!

This is the most frustrating of all the things you wrote because you're a smart, well-informed guy, and I know you know that "nothing will change" quote is a BS attack on Biden that's taken wildly out of context and lied about non-stop by leftists.  But here you are repeating it as an attack against Biden.  You have to know that what you're writing is BS but you're writing it anyway.

"The truth of the matter is, you all, you all know, you all know in your gut what has to be done. We can disagree in the margins but the truth of the matter is it’s all within our wheelhouse and nobody has to be punished. No one’s standard of living will change, nothing would fundamentally change,” he said.

Seems pretty open to interpretation. Taxing the rich is nice (it's not like the guy is literally Trump), but it only gets you so far.

That’s a total misinterpretation of Biden statement. He says in the first sentence that “what has to be done” meaning there are changes that need to be made policy wise. The whole “nothing will change part” was a reference to the fact that no one is America will suffer as a result of Biden’s policies, he literally says it in the previous Sentence. “Nobodies standard of living will change”, this isn’t saying that thing won’t be improved for that average person, it’s saying that any improvement of life for Americans won’t come at the expense of others. There’s nothing controversial about this statement, but of course you people take it out of context to fit your narrative.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #79 on: September 13, 2020, 01:47:31 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2020, 01:50:36 AM by doomer sawx »

That’s a total misinterpretation of Biden statement. He says in the first sentence that “what has to be done” meaning there are changes that need to be made policy wise. The whole “nothing will change part” was a reference to the fact that no one is America will suffer as a result of Biden’s policies, he literally says it in the previous Sentence. “Nobodies standard of living will change”, this isn’t saying that thing won’t be improved for that average person, it’s saying that any improvement of life for Americans won’t come at the expense of others. There’s nothing controversial about this statement, but of course you people take it out of context to fit your narrative.

The only one here taking things out of context here is you. You're obfuscating the fact that Biden said this at a high-dollar fundraiser and talked about how he wasn't going to "demonize the rich" before the quote.

At least be honest and admit we disagree on how much change the country needs. I'm well aware of the context of the remarks.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2020, 02:22:54 AM »

The only one here taking things out of context here is you. You're obfuscating the fact that Biden said this at a high-dollar fundraiser and talked about how he wasn't going to "demonize the rich" before the quote.

At least be honest and admit we disagree on how much change the country needs. I'm well aware of the context of the remarks.

Where he said it is irrelevant. When he says “no one has to be punished” he’s referring to the fact that his policies will benefit everyone. That’s what his whole campaign has been about, unifying the country and not spreading division. Please show me where he said “I’m going to protect the rich”.

Now, does this country need change? Yes. We both want that. Do the rich need to contribute more to society? Of f**king course. I think you and I can both agree that Taxes should be raised on the rich and on corporations. Now the degree to which it should be raised is something I’m sure we disagree on and that’s a debate I’m happy to have. However changing the country goes beyond more than sticking it to the rich.

You people are obsessed with the idea of hurting the rich. You think anyone who doesn’t want to publicly execute bankers and burn down the NYSE is a corporatist who is in the pocket of Wall Street. Demonize the Rich all you want. Screaming about Wall Street and nothing else isn’t going to improve people’s lives, it isn’t going to help the middle class. Demonizing the rich isn’t policy, it’s a talking point. Seriously, what policy do you guys have beyond “millionaires and billionaires are bad”. I’d like to know. Biden has numerous policies that are realistic, thought out and will improve the lives of millions. Unlike progressives his policies aren’t confined to a few slogans and phrases.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2020, 12:59:52 PM »

Re: Hickenlooper, the ethics issue is a nothingburger molehill that's been turned into a mountain but Hickenlooper's opponents on both sides for political reasons.  It's basically the email server scandal of Colorado.

Hickenlooper is a popular two-term governor. As soon as he got in the race he began polling ahead of Romanoff by margins like 68-11 or similar.  Just like in Kentucky, it was only at the last minute that the race began to tighten as a slew of progressive endorsements for Romanoff turned it into another unnecessary establishment-vs-progressive fight.

Most voters were very bothered by the email scandal whether you like it or not. Bottom line is  Chuch Schumer begged(and basically forced) a candidate who ignored a court order l(which of course we rightly criticize Republicans for) into a Safe D race when several people had already announced. That's pathetic and it's sad your still defending this insanity.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies