Liberal Party NPC Elections September 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:11:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal Party NPC Elections September 2020
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Liberal Party NPC Elections September 2020  (Read 1352 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 24, 2020, 06:04:06 PM »

I'm in Chicopee in Massachusetts. Leaving your car engine running while in park is not good. It is bad for your wallet since it's burn gasoline for nothing and it damages the environment. Many jurisdictions have adopted idling laws to limit the amount of time car engines can run for nothing. In Massachussets it is five minutes. In many place like New York City it is three minutes. Massachussets has not reason to have a lower standard and it should aim to be among the best. We will propose to improve the idling law by setting it at three minutes of idling. better for the environment, better for your wallet.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2020, 10:15:03 PM »

I finish the day in Wichita in Kansas. Many cities and states have a public art program. It mandates legally a percentage of various contruction work project budgets be set aside for public art. It is often 1%. Public art embelishes a building or a public place, it makes the surrounding more interesting, it develops a unique identity. It makes a place more attractive to live or to visit  It also helps artists realize big projects. Wichita did not have a formal rule about a public art program but Lawrence had. Our candidates will encourage cities to adopt bylaws for public art and will try to get it passed at the state level.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2020, 07:10:51 AM »

I'm back in Charlotte Amalie in the Virgin Islands. I'm here to ask for your support for Liberal candidates in the upcoming local election. I had the pleasure of visiting the three main islands and I have not forgotten about them. I hope you have not forgotten my visit and promises. We have shown that we care about your state and communities. When you go to the polls, make the smart choice, vote Liberal Party!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2020, 11:25:28 AM »

I'm making a quick stop in Charlotte in North Carolina. I believe teachers in this state should be paid more. Their pay is in the bottom 10 states in the country. Teaching these days could be considered a risky job. The job also requires flexibility and more following of students with in class or distance learning. Our goal is to increase to be above the bottom 10 and reach the average in the medium term.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2020, 11:34:23 AM »

I'm in Niagara Falls, New York today. Niagara Falls is declining and nothing is fixing it. The Liberal Party will have Niagara Falls become a prosperous beacon by having a general New Deal, and the candidates are local candidates, who understand what it is like to live in Niagara Falls and under a Liberal New York, Niagara Falls will prosper!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2020, 04:57:56 PM »

I'm in Poughkeepsie in New York. I know people in this town like living along the Hudson river and want to keep it clean. Scientists are finding new contaminats in the river like antibiotics and hormones used in drugs and personal care products. These substances could affect fish and the health of people. We will look at updating regulations to stop the negative impact of these substances. We will also put in place an educational campaign to remind citizens how to safely dispose of products from their medicine cabinet.

We will invest in sewage treatment facilities along the Hudson to maintain water quality. And to deal with past pollution which now sits in the river sediments, we will spend to do more cleanups. We have made mistakes in the past so we need to fix that while doing our best in prevention so it does not happen in the future.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2020, 06:38:42 PM »

I'm in New Rochelle in New York. New York City suburbs pay among the highest property taxes in the country. When property taxes rise, it is not because your income has risen so it can create a cash flow problem. For instance it can force retiree homeowners on fixed income to sell their home because they can't afford rising property taxes. When property taxes rise too much, it also have a negative impact on disposable income. To limit the growth in property taxes we support a permanent annual tax cap of 2 percent.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #57 on: September 25, 2020, 08:41:13 PM »

Shortly after the announcement in New Rochelle, I stopped in the Bronx in New York. My message was for all New York state.

I am proud of being a resident of this state for most of my time. I ask electors to vote for the Liberal team of candidates. We are underdogs but we are fighting for you. The Liberal candidates want to make a difference in their communities and are running to help you. If enough people vote for the underdogs, the underdogs could win. With your help the underdogs ca be top dogs.

The Liberal team has been campaining in every region of the state. We have made concrete proposals to make the state better. With the Liberal team the state will bounce back; the empire state will strike back.

Thank you all. 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #58 on: September 25, 2020, 10:03:28 PM »

I'm in Boston in Massachusetts at the airport.

Thank you Mass for giving Liberals mass support. I ask you to go vote. If you are still undecided you can use the LibApp to review the party's proposals like No more witch hunts and protect children from consumption society. We know some are more visual and don't like to read so you can look at our campaign banner. I enjoyed visiting this state in the last weeks and thnak you for your warm welcome. Stay safe and go vote.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #59 on: September 25, 2020, 10:57:15 PM »

When I land in Des Moines in Iowa I make one last appeal to voters. The Liberal party is not huge but we now have members in every region. We spent some time in every contested election and we don't suddenly wake up in the last hours of the camapign to show interest in voters. We also provided campaign banners for each election.

Especially in Fremont we have shown the Liberal party welcomes Green party voters looking for another choice. We have ordinary people running and they want to fight for you. They are underdogs but dogs are loyal. Voters can make a difference and I hope they will be different by voting for the Liberal candiates.

Thank you kindly.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2020, 04:17:55 PM »

I will be waiting for the results in Albany in New York. The New York state theme was The Empire State Strikes Back. When I was wearing a black face mask many kids called me Darth Vader.

There was also a dog theme in the national campaign, being underdogs and images of dogs on banner. Our internal polls showed with had momentum with the dog vote. The plan to woo (or is it woof?) the dog vote was working until something happened. The former first dog jumped in the campaign in the last days. It's tough to rival with the clout of a former first dog. He gave an eloquent speech, few words but very powerful. We completely lost the momentum. Especially the dog vote is known to vote based on race.

We have made great efforts to convince former Green voters to vote Liberal. We are waiting to find out if we had some success. I hope so. I fear in many states we will not have enough votes to have candidates elected.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2020, 04:43:51 PM »

The results come in:

Fremont
North Dakota: 7% 0 MP, 2 Senators
Idaho: 9% 0 MP, 2 Senators
Iowa: 7% 4 MP, 3 Senators
Los Angeles (Mayor): 7%

We managed to gain a couple points in each state during the campaign and that was enough to get at least two candidate in every state. It is good to have representation. With the percentage support I'm not sure if we were able to attract Green supporters. If we did it's not a lot, so that effort doesn't look like it paid off. Tied for third in North dakota and fourth place in the three other contests.

South:
West Virginia: 9% 5 Rep, 2 Senators
Mississippi: 1% No seats
Kansas: 8% 7 Rep, 2 Senators
North Carolina: 2% No seats

The South is always difficult. Mississippi with a meagre 1%, didn't increase support even with spending a lot of time placing letters and notes on the banner and maybe Nanette left the state so long ago that they know even know the singer. North carolina also saw no increase in support even with targeting military vote and increasing teacher's pay. West Virginia saw an increase of 3% while Kansas saw a 5% increase. I think we did more in West Virginia than Kansas but we'll take it. Rep and Senators in half the states in the region is good for us. Fifth place in Mississippi and fourth in the other states.

Lincoln:
New York: 26% 37 Rep, 15 Senators
Massachusetts: 13% 18 Rep, 4 Senators
Virgin Islands: 15% 3 Rep, 2 Senators

Second place in New York with 26%, an increase of 8%. Very good. Thank you New York. Must be the home state bonus. Massachusetts saw an increase of support of only 3%. Massachusetts  like Virgin islands is good for fourth place.

Thank you to all in the party and to our candidates who have made this result possible.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies