Liberal Party NPC Elections September 2020
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:38:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Liberal Party NPC Elections September 2020
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Liberal Party NPC Elections September 2020  (Read 1336 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 07, 2020, 03:41:26 PM »

The period to compete for local elections is from September 7 to September 25. The states in play in this cycle are:

Lincoln: Massachusetts, New York and Virgin Islands
South: Kansas, Mississippi, North Carolina and West Virginia
Fremont: Idaho, Iowa, North Dakota and Los Angeles (Mayoral)

Good luck to everyone and let's have fun.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 05:33:12 PM »

Liberal Party Ad 1: Underdog
Playing in NPC election States in September the entire month

Voice: The People running under the Liberal Party are fighting for you!
Voice: Because they know that they will likely lose and are running to help you
Voice: The Liberal candidates are ordinary people like you and me that want to make a change in their communities and the nation.
Voice: So if you want people running to help you, make a change in their communities and nation, vote for your Local Liberal candidate in the September elections.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 05:49:33 PM »

Speech in Wheeling, West Virginia

I lived in western Pennsylvania my entire life, and I often went through West Virginia my entire life, and people are leaving every day, and this is a beautiful state that I hope that people move and visit. The Liberal Party candidates are people like you and me and they will fight for West Virginia!

The Liberal Party won't take anything for granted and they will make sure that West Virginia won't stay behind in the 21st century and that people will start moving to this great state and having families, starting businesses and building communities and having money invested into this state!

If you want this, vote for your local Liberal Party candidate this month!

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 09:31:19 PM »

Our local campaign teams are already on the ground trying to earn your vote.

I'm in Albany, New York on this Labor Day. I wish workers benefited from this holiday to rest. It is not always easy to put aside work, it sometimes is stuck in the back of your head. One things that doesn't help to manage being cut off from work is modern technology: emails, text messages. Employees can be reached wherever they are, even when not in the workplace. More people are working from home during the pandemic and that blurs the separation between work time and personal time. Employees need to have time clear of job demands and worries to reduce stress, burn out risks and have a good quality of life and family time.

Employees must have the right to disconnect from the job and work electronic devices. They should not be expected to answer messages from their boss while they are at their child soccer game in the evening, or during a camping weekend. Most workers don't have to be always reachable, they are not slave to their work. We will work with state government unions to determine periods for the different classes of work when employees are really off work, they won't be expected to answer emails after work hours and can't be penalised for not being available. We will also put it in state work laws that workers have the right to be disconnected from work after a certain amount of availability, it could be the maximum hours in the regular work week for most types of work. There are always exceptions like doctors or emergency workers. This should give workers more time to free their mind of work.

I hope you had a nice holiday. I had to bother you because politicians don't get holidays.     
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 12:36:26 PM »

Today, Ishan will try to convince Green Party legislators to join the Liberal Party because the Liberal Party will fight for the environment and for the average person.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 08:33:14 PM »

I'm in Lake Placid, New York. Earlier I did a bobsleigh ride. With social distancing, there couldn't be a pilot so I had to drive! What crazy stuff we do for some publicity.

Lake Placid, the site of Winter Olympics still has sports venues. The state with the local community will work together to bring more sports competitions to the area. The state will finance part of the committee to attract competitions and market the place to sports federations. It can be international sports like figure skating or skiing. That will bring foreign spending in the area by foreign athletes and spectators so a net benefit for Atlasia. Local spectators and Atlasian athletes bring a benefit locally. Lake Placid should be more recognized as the place in the country for winter multi sports. We will also attract more national events like Atlasian national championships and Lincoln regionals.

With the Liberals you get fun and games.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 03:08:18 PM »

Music playing:

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West Virginia, mountain mama
Take me home, country roads

What an appropriate song being here in Marlinton in West Virginia. It's the official campaign song. Take me home, Country Roads by John Denver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LfjdfOFCVY

I also present the official campaign logo. The Liberal party is combining the rural and the modern. Thinking of the future without forgetting the roots.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 09:42:44 PM »

In Newton in West Virginia.
I'm here to speak about something to improve the future of West Virginia. There are still many places, mainly rural, who don't access to broadband internet. That is not acceptable to suceed in the economy of tomorrow. Our party candidates will expand access and connect the non-connected areas.

So many tasks are helped by broadband. It can be useful for students and learning projects. It can be necessary for someone to transfer documents and files working from home or with a home business. With high speed internet access rural areas will be able to retain workers and families and attract new ones who will have the services needed to setlle. It is also good for leisure to watch movies or play games. It is also needed for businesses to be efficient in their taskes or connect with the outside world.

The world is evolving rapidly. The right technological tools are needed to succeed. We will not let some areas left behind. Broadband needs to be available all over the state.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 10:07:11 AM »

What I did today?

I campaigned across Suburban North Carolina, and I campaigned about modernizing our education system to the 21st century and about how the Liberal Party will be an advocate for you!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 03:04:57 PM »

I'm in Prosperity in West Virginia.

To achieve prosperity you need a good job. So it starts with having a job. It helps to know what will be the jobs in demand in a few years for the young choosing a career or the older needing to retrain in a new sector. People need the information to make a choice. I'm not saying people must only choose a career because there is a lack of workers in it. The most important factor is having a job that fits your interest and personality. But knowing the job market can give ideas of jobs and how easy it is to get one.

We will put be the resources in the manpower department to collect and publish information on the jobs of the future, types of jobs lacking employees now and in the future. We will do this by talking with the different industries to know their needs, and business groups and chambers of commerce. We will then publish booklets every year for the different job sector, prospects of finding a job and the education needed to fill a job. We will organize job information fairs around the state open to the public with stands from schools and colleges and from emploiyers and industry groups.

These tools will get young people and also adults looking to change career or new job the chance to make more informed decisions. I will make sure that vocational schools have a good place because there are trades which lead to very good jobs and they usually take less time to train and less costly than going to university.

All aboard the prosperity train with the Liberal party! 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 08:32:32 PM »

Tonight I'm in virtual connection for an event in support of the candidate for Mayor of Los Angeles.

I'm here virtually if not in person. I visited the city two weeks ago during the California state election. Our party candidate is well known and good credentials. It is a strong candidate for mayor so this person doesn't even need me to be physically in the same room. Besides, there is no other state elections in the area of the southwest so flying by plane in Los Angeles would produce huge carbon emissions. I know people of Fremont care about the environment, have green values, so does the Liberal party.

This is the official Los Angeles Mayor logo:

Two letters are much bigger to indicate LA. The shades are there to represent Southern California, for the cool look and there are many celebrities in LA. It would also be cool to elect a Liberal Mayor. The letters are green to attract Green sympathizers.

The official campaign song is Living in LA by Weezer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJrdelFOEv8
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 10:58:07 PM »

In the evening I was in Lowell, Massachusetts. I cut a red ribbon. Why? To symbolize cutting red tape. Small businesses don't need extra burden of filling many forms and applying complex regulations. They don't work for government. The government needs to make the bureaucratic life easier on small business so they don't spend too much rexources to comply to rules. This does not mean the government abdicate the power of regulations. It means we will try to make rules less complex, simplify rules and forms. That way business owners and employees can focus more on running the business and make their life easier.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 12:44:52 PM »

I'm in Salem in Massachusetts.
Music at the start of the announcement, Bewitched tv theme.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ilRgNsYoA

Sometimes government employees talk to the press or police, they leak information when they see something is wrong. It could be how a contract was awarded, fraud, political interference in government, or any kind of suspicious thing. It alerts the public but often government or politicans want to suppress information getting out because it make government look bad. They can try to find out who was the source of information and the person could face consequences. I can tell you with the Liberal Party there will be no more witch hunt. We will protect whistleblowers. State and local employees won't suffer for pointing out wrongdoings. It favors transparency and honesty in government. 

Salem knows witch hunts are bad. Vote Liberal for an end to witch hunts.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 04:55:31 PM »

In Brockton in Massachusetts. The Massachusetts state is taxing its citizens at a high rate already so our party candidates are pledging to not increase the sales tax or income tax. Citizens are contributing to finance public service and spending and that is good, we have a progressive tax rate but citizens can also enjoy their money earned and have enough disposable income.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 07:35:38 PM »

Now in Springfield in Massachusetts to show the campaign banner for the Mass. Liberals.

The witch to remind we will not do witch hunts. The text can be read two ways. The state of MA supports the Liberal party or there is mass support for the Liberals. The dominant color red is because Labor is polling high in the state.

The campaign song is Massachusetts by the Bee Gees.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfXWBmOBvVE

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 10:05:08 PM »

Speech in Babylon, New York

I spoke to several small business owners who now support the Liberals because I introduced the "Lincoln Small Business Administration Act", because it would help them and their families and how they would vote for the party who had the person who made that.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 10:09:29 PM »

I am ending the day in Pittsfield in Massachusetts.

I am proposing a policy to protect children from corporation and consumerism in the state. Children don't earn and spend money so they should not be targeted by advertising.

The general rule would be that no merchant or advertiser can use commercial advertising directed to children under 13 years of age using all types of media. To determine if an advertisement is directed at children, criterias like the nature and intended purpose of the goods advertised, the manner in which the advertisement is presented, and the time and place where it is shown will be used.  

There will be exemptions for store windows, packaging, labels and displays. They can be designed for children but not directly incite a child to buy a good or encourage the child to urge another person to buy a good. Another exemption will be advertising for a children's entertainment event.

We will let children be children and not targeted consumers by big corporations.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2020, 09:42:42 AM »

In Boise, Idaho. hohoho
The sustainability of forests is important to us. Exploiting this natural resource must be done carefully, following good practices. Last year it was a member of the Liberal Party in the House who added to the Cash for Old Junk Act the need to follow the Forest Stewardship Council standards for responsible forest management in the target to increase timber production.

I respect all Green party supporters. There are many in Idaho and the Fremont region. If they want to stay with the Greens I understand that. For those who are looking to support another party I invite them to support the Liberal Party. Like the Green party we strive to make Atlasia a great place for everyone to live. We will welcome all past Green supporters if they decide to look for a new home.

We want to save forests, And just last month we campaigned in local elections and talked about saving butterflies, saving orcas and saving clean water. We save many things. We are life savers.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2020, 11:59:21 AM »

In Pocatello, Idaho to announce the official campaign song for Idaho. It's Ho Ho Ho by Sia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGanJGGVSrw

And the campaign banner mixes the green color of the Green party and the blue for the Liberal party.

Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2020, 05:38:29 PM »

I'm in Coolidge in Kansas. In July I was there just over the border in Colorado. (points in that direction). I will repeat on this side what I said on that side. Kansas has good relations with its neigbors in Fremont. Trying to move the sate to another region will cause tensions in Kansas, discord in communities, economic instability and it could even result in violence. We should go along with the founding people of the country and Kansas stay in the South. Let's continue to have a peaceful border. Now I invite everyone to sing Kumbaya with me (but not join hands and stay distanced and wear a mask). 
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2020, 10:13:59 PM »

In Wichita, Kansas for the presentation of the campaign banner, which includes images of wheat and former first dog.

The song is by the group Kansas. It is Play the game tonight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5K6J0eVRBo

Play, play the game tonight
Can you tell me if it's wrong or right
Is it worth the time, is it worth the price
Do you see yourself in the white spotlight
Then play the game tonight
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 11:06:16 AM »

Visiting Des Moines in Iowa. The campaign banner is: 

The tractor is there because we are in a major agricultural state. The predominant color is Green to attract Green voters looking for a new option. The Liberal party can be an alternative for those uncomfortable with big party machines. We run active campaigns in local elections and we would be delighted to receive your support.

The official song is It sure can get cold in Des Moines by Tom T. Hall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQHLD5Vvpzo
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2020, 12:43:48 PM »

Stopping in Clear Lake, Iowa. Water quality is a priority for us. We want to protect water quality so citizens have safe and clean water for drinking, household use and enjoy in outdoor recreation. We will provide funding for water quality projects across the state, monitoring of water quality and information and assistance for private well owners. We are concerned by the health and safety of the population.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2020, 05:09:07 PM »

Launching a public sign and billboard operation to attract Green supporters mainly in Fremont.

The backdrop is green in color to remind Green party color. The title is We are life savers because we protect different living things: trees, butterflies, orcas, buffaloes, water etc. There are also pictures of different flavors of lifesavers. Finally the welcome is we accept and welcome supporters.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »

I'm trying to appeal to Green supporters again in Fremont in North Dakota. The official song is Come over by Kenny Chesney because I want the former Greens to come over and support the Liberal party.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBwehW-mno8

The official banner uses a green background to attract Green voters.

I'm in Jamestown in North Dakota in front of the world's largest buffalo monument. We need to continue the work of protection and education about bisons. It's not only to see a specie flourish after being very low in numbers and we can't let that happen again. It is also an attraction for tourists in the state and an educational topic. We also need to preserve the natural habitat of bisons.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies