large capacity magazine restrictions probably going to the supremes, what do you think (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 10, 2024, 09:33:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Constitution and Law (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  large capacity magazine restrictions probably going to the supremes, what do you think (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: How will/should the Supremes decide bans on magazines that hold more than 10 rounds?
they will side with the states (bans being legal) and I'm pro gun control

they will side with the states (bans being legal) and I'm NOT pro gun control

they will side against the states (states can't ban magazine sizes that are commonly used), pro gun control

they will side against the states (states can't ban magazine sizes that are commonly used) NOT pro gun control

some third thing

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 33

Author Topic: large capacity magazine restrictions probably going to the supremes, what do you think  (Read 1674 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: September 06, 2020, 10:02:12 AM »

Let's wait for an en banc review from the 9th Circuit first before we discuss whether or not this might go to SCOTUS.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 03:45:16 PM »

5-4 Ruling that ALL gun restrictions violate the second amendment, if Roberts wants to rewrite precedent.

Otherwise, a 5-4 ruling striking down the large capacity magazine restrictions only.

I can't see a right-wing Supreme Court not taking this up.

I mean, given that all 12(!) 2A cases up for consideration this past term were denied cert, neither the conservative nor liberal wings are confident in Roberts siding with either of them on this issue, so it's honestly a complete wash as to what might happen if/when this were to hypothetically wind up before the Roberts Court.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies