Anita Hill says that she's voting for Joe Biden
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 12:22:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Anita Hill says that she's voting for Joe Biden
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Anita Hill says that she's voting for Joe Biden  (Read 1553 times)
ηєω ƒяσηтιєя
New Frontier
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -1.22

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 05, 2020, 06:39:38 PM »

GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 06:59:00 PM »

Anita Hill can't stand this dude either, every time I see her interviewed she can't really hide her understandable contempt for the way she was treated and how Biden was part of it.

○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 07:01:47 PM »

More like a vote against Trump really.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 07:01:59 PM »

Anita Hill can't stand this dude either, every time I see her interviewed she can't really hide her understandable contempt for the way she was treated and how Biden was part of it.

I can't blame her for having some resentment towards Biden but it's admirable that she is able to put that aside for the sake of the nation's future.

I guess people really aren't as petty as Trump and company tend to think they are (mostly because they operate with that mindset), since they always view things through that lens, like with Biden picking Harris as another example.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 07:02:48 PM »

After Covid hit, Reade and Ukraine Biden and Anita Hill scandal, with Biden weren't an issue any longer. That's why Covid benefitted Biden and was a detriment to Trump, focused turned back to his tax returns.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 08:05:13 PM »

Anita Hill is a boss. It's not personal insults or slights that she cares about, because she doesn't hold a grudge. She has a cause, & she's doing what she knows is right to forward it.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 08:06:09 PM »

she comes home to the real daddy in the end
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 08:07:12 PM »

Delete this.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 08:13:48 PM »

What the hell is this?
Ancestral Republican
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 08:16:19 PM »

Anita Hill is a boss. It's not personal insults or slights that she cares about, because she doesn't hold a grudge. She has a cause, & she's doing what she knows is right to forward it.

I'd say it was more than a personal insult, what he did, but Anita is definitely being the bigger person here and advocating the path that will work out best for the promotion of women's issues.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2020, 11:24:49 PM »

From her POV, Biden was just mean...Trump represents exactly what Justice Thomas did to her

pretty easy to figure out where to go from there.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2020, 11:37:23 PM »

Well anyone who claims not to be voting Biden on her behalf can now get off their high horse.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2020, 05:56:14 AM »

Kudos to Anita Hill for putting aside her understandable resentment and recognizing what's at stake.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 06:00:55 AM »

I may support Joe Biden, but I believe Anita Hill is being a hypocrite.

If you think Biden failed you when he was handling the man who had sexually harassed you's nomination to the Supreme Court, than you shouldn't vote for him.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2020, 06:34:06 AM »

If you think Biden failed you when he was handling the man who had sexually harassed you's nomination to the Supreme Court, than you shouldn't vote for him.
That's nonsense. This is bigger than any individual person. Much respect to Anita Hill for recognizing this. She's a real american hero.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2020, 06:48:53 AM »

Gimme a sec, Anita moment to digest this.
Figueira
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2020, 09:41:54 AM »

Nothing wrong with that.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2020, 10:21:06 AM »

Yeah, that's what mature people do.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2020, 05:47:02 PM »

Biden is running against an opponent who has bragged about grabbing women by the p*ssy and been accused of sexual assault by at least 20 women.  And who also nominated Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court.  Biden's handling of Hill's hearing was disgraceful, but he was not the one who nominated Thomas.  In fact Biden voted against Thomas. 

I believe Hill has taken note of Biden's selection of Kamala Harris for VP and his promise to put a black woman on the Supreme Court.  Not that I am suggesting Biden will nominate Hill or she wants that.  In a 2009 interview she said --

ESSENCE: After Justice David Souter announced he was retiring, Vanity Fair and others raised the suggestion that President Obama should nominate you for the Supreme Court. What did you think of that idea?

Hill: I actually responded to the Vanity Fair piece. I think there are any number of people, including Sonia Sotomayor, who will be excellent choices ...

In those hearings, there needs to be a certain level of honesty, but there also needs to be civility and really sticking with the questions that matter about the nominee.

I don't think that there is much chance that that would happen if I were nominated, because of things that people would want to get into, that wouldn't be helpful to the process.

It's flattering anytime anyone suggests that, and I've been asked more than once. But, in addition to that being kind of an awkward workplace situation (laughs), I think the hearing process would really devolve into the kind of politics that would not be good for the court.
https://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/08/what.matters.anita.hill.sotomayor/index.html

Her answer suggests someone thinking about the greater good.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2020, 05:50:25 PM »

Biden is running against an opponent who has bragged about grabbing women by the p*ssy and been accused of sexual assault by at least 20 women.  And who also nominated Brett Kavanaugh for the Supreme Court.  Biden's handling of Hill's hearing was disgraceful, but he was not the one who nominated Thomas.  In fact Biden voted against Thomas. 

I believe Hill has taken note of Biden's selection of Kamala Harris for VP and his promise to put a black woman on the Supreme Court.  Not that I am suggesting Biden will nominate Hill or she wants that.  In a 2009 interview she said --

ESSENCE: After Justice David Souter announced he was retiring, Vanity Fair and others raised the suggestion that President Obama should nominate you for the Supreme Court. What did you think of that idea?

Hill: I actually responded to the Vanity Fair piece. I think there are any number of people, including Sonia Sotomayor, who will be excellent choices ...

In those hearings, there needs to be a certain level of honesty, but there also needs to be civility and really sticking with the questions that matter about the nominee.

I don't think that there is much chance that that would happen if I were nominated, because of things that people would want to get into, that wouldn't be helpful to the process.

It's flattering anytime anyone suggests that, and I've been asked more than once. But, in addition to that being kind of an awkward workplace situation (laughs), I think the hearing process would really devolve into the kind of politics that would not be good for the court.
https://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/06/08/what.matters.anita.hill.sotomayor/index.html

Her answer suggests someone thinking about the greater good.

If I were Hill, I would write Kamala Harris (or someone else's) name in, rather than vote for Biden or Trump. Of course, I'm not Anita Hill.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2020, 05:50:53 PM »

Don't be too surprised in that doesn't go so well in 2022 and 2024.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2020, 06:03:50 PM »

Tbf bagel has called Biden daddy for the past 6 months.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2020, 06:06:56 PM »

Either Biden or Trump is going to win and shape the courts for decades. Biden isn’t coming over to her home for dinner.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2020, 09:53:35 PM »

The politics of Joe Biden embracing Anita Hill are complicated.   In 1991, most blacks supported Thomas, in spite of black elite opposition in media and politics.  Opinions may have changed since then but still I doubt it would play well with black men for Biden to be vocally pro-Hill and anti-Thomas.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2020, 11:22:52 PM »

The politics of Joe Biden embracing Anita Hill are complicated.   In 1991, most blacks supported Thomas, in spite of black elite opposition in media and politics.  Opinions may have changed since then but still I doubt it would play well with black men for Biden to be vocally pro-Hill and anti-Thomas.
Depends on how many of those pro Thomas black people were low info.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies