Trump voters: if audio surfaced of him calling war heroes “losers” who would you vote for?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 28, 2024, 06:51:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump voters: if audio surfaced of him calling war heroes “losers” who would you vote for?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Trump voter: If audio surfaced of Trump calling war heroes “losers” and “suckers” would you change your vote?
I’d still vote for Trump (R)

I’d switch to Biden (R)

Someone else (R)

Not a Republican

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 79

Author Topic: Trump voters: if audio surfaced of him calling war heroes “losers” who would you vote for?  (Read 2480 times)
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2020, 09:39:24 PM »

I will never vote for a Democrat again after the events of these last few months, so Biden wouldn't be an option in any case.

The "events of these last few months" being a bunch of people who are not Democrats rioting in the streets while Democrats denounce them and Biden calls for them to be prosecuted?
It only took Biden a whole summer to decide to denounce them, no big deal Roll Eyes

The riots started on May 26th, and Joe Biden began publicly condemning them on May 30th.

Climate change must be wreaking havoc down there in Florida if your "whole summer" doesn’t even last a week past Memorial Day.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2020, 09:53:34 PM »

Yeah, the ignorant Trump supporter contingent on this forum still doesn't understand that Trump is lying to them.

Just because Trump keeps demanding that Biden "condemn the riots" doesn't mean Biden hasn't already condemned the riots.

In this case he condemned them as soon as they started, as did most other Democrats around the country.  I think there was a whole thread about Keisha Lance Bottoms' forceful damning of the Atlanta rioting, which caused her VP stock to shoot up.

And of course, this entire time, the riots have been a bunch of white kids an anarchists using "BLM" to add a thin veneer of social justice to their self-indulgent, depraved, selfish and destructive behavior.  But Republicans, four months later, are still acting like this is the Democratic base out there rioting with the Democrats cheerleading them.  And they do this by conflating the peaceful BLM protests with the violent "BLM" white-kid riots.  We've been saying for four months that this is wrong but the ignorant Trump supporters just don't want to hear it, they want to believe in the fantasy that makes their worldview more easily-justifiable.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2020, 02:16:03 AM »

They will never, ever, ever admit it's true. Problem solved
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2020, 03:15:57 AM »

I don't think much can shock a die-hard Trump supporter any longer.

Except if Trump announces he had sex with Nancy Pelosi and enjoyed it.
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2020, 04:13:12 AM »

Please explain to me why a thread directed to "Trump voters" has more anti-Trump people speculating about Trump supporters than actual Trump supporters.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2020, 12:08:43 PM »

Please explain to me why a thread directed to "Trump voters" has more anti-Trump people speculating about Trump supporters than actual Trump supporters.

To be fair, there’s only about three Trump supporters left around here.  There weren’t that many to begin with, but most have since steadily wandered off to their internet safe spaces elsewhere.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2020, 02:05:15 PM »

I would vote for Trump even if he actually said this. 

The condoning of the riots and criminal violence in our cities by the bulk of the Democratic Party is the overriding issue in this campaign.  The Democrats have condoned and even encouraged the criminal violence, and that includes Kamala Harris. 

Put it in persepctive.  Balance a tasteless comment (albeit an unproven one) against Kamala Harris encouraging the "movement" to continue, Ayanna Presley calling for "more unrest", etc.  Joe Biden can't even call out BLM and Antifa by name, and is blaming TRUMP supporters for the recent violence.  (Joe 30330 may still have chutzpah even if he doesn't have full memory.  I'll give him that.)  The Democrats encouraged rioting at a point where the violence could have been contained.  They are not fit to govern, and that's even if I believed everyone else here says about Trump.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2020, 02:10:58 PM »

The condoning of the riots and criminal violence in our cities by the bulk of the Democratic Party is the overriding issue in this campaign.  The Democrats have condoned and even encouraged the criminal violence, and that includes Kamala Harris. 

Put it in persepctive.  Balance a tasteless comment (albeit an unproven one) against Kamala Harris encouraging the "movement" to continue, Ayanna Presley calling for "more unrest", etc.  Joe Biden can't even call out BLM and Antifa by name, and is blaming TRUMP supporters for the recent violence.  (Joe 30330 may still have chutzpah even if he doesn't have full memory.  I'll give him that.)  The Democrats encouraged rioting at a point where the violence could have been contained.  They are not fit to govern, and that's even if I believed everyone else here says about Trump.

Then you have no right to condemn Colin Kaepernick or any of the athletes kneeling during the anthem, and you have no right to accuse other people of disrespecting the troops. I am bookmarking this post for future reference in the event that you inevitably do.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2020, 02:25:58 PM »

Then nothing you say about Black Lives Matter or Antifa ever has any meaning again.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2020, 02:30:23 PM »

Then you have no right to condemn Colin Kaepernick or any of the athletes kneeling during the anthem, and you have no right to accuse other people of disrespecting the troops. I am bookmarking this post for future reference in the event that you inevitably do.

I can't emphasize enough that there's no proof that Trump said this.  None.  

As for the anti-American jocks, their not running for public office.  They can do what they want.  But I will not support them financially in any way, and I won't be compelled to say I approve of what they do because I don't.

There is far, far more hypocrisy on the side of Trump's enemies that accept every unnamed source as the Gospel Truth, yet will not acknowledge BLM and Antifa as perpetrators of criminal violence, which is well-documented.  But go ahead.  Keep it for your records.  I will not vote for a President who will not stand up to criminal mobs of rioters.  That would be Joe Biden, who has all the courage of Caspar Milquetoast hiding under the bed.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2020, 02:31:05 PM »
« Edited: September 05, 2020, 02:35:26 PM by Fuzzy Bear »

Then nothing you say about Black Lives Matter or Antifa ever has any meaning again.

Of course the above is a s***post.  I also fail to undersand why you even have a point.

I'm voting for Trump based on public policy on a very basic issue.  It's about policy.  That Democrats need dropping poll numbers to even acknowledge rioting, let alone take a stand against THEIR BASE rioting, speaks for itself, and for the character of the Democratic Party at this particular juncture.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2020, 02:48:07 PM »

I will never vote for a Democrat again after the events of these last few months, so Biden wouldn't be an option in any case.

The "events of these last few months" being a bunch of people who are not Democrats rioting in the streets while Democrats denounce them and Biden calls for them to be prosecuted?
It only took Biden a whole summer to decide to denounce them, no big deal Roll Eyes

Russia put bounties on our troops, Trump knew and did nothing.

Trump called our troops who perished in battle “losers” and “suckers.”

Trump said a prisoner of war was not a war hero.

Which is more egregious?
The Russian bounties are part of geopolitics. We support people in the Ukraine and Syria killing Russians.

The two quotes about dead soldiers are media hearsay that haven’t been proven. You’re arguing in bad faith.

Hitler was a war hero too.
Multiple sources have confirmed it. Keep putting your fingers in your ears.
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2020, 02:52:45 PM »

I can't emphasize enough that there's no proof that Trump said this.  None. 

As for the anti-American jocks, their not running for public office.  They can do what they want.  But I will not support them financially in any way, and I won't be compelled to say I approve of what they do because I don't.

There is far, far more hypocrisy on the side of Trump's enemies that accept every unnamed source as the Gospel Truth, yet will not acknowledge BLM and Antifa as perpetrators of criminal violence, which is well-documented.  But go ahead.  Keep it for your records.  I will not vote for a President who will not stand up to criminal mobs of rioters.  That would be Joe Biden, who has all the courage of Caspar Milquetoast hiding under the bed.

In this particular case, I am reserving judgment for direct evidence that Trump did say these things, although it should surprise no one that the same man who once said "I like people who weren't captured", as well as the disgraceful comments he made to Gold Star family members, would call our fallen heroes losers. As far as I'm concerned, regardless of whether these new allegations are true, you can either sport a "Support Our Troops" bumper sticker on your car or a Trump/Pence sticker on your car. You cannot have both.

Biden has already condemned the rioters and looters and called for their prosecution. In response, you moved the goal post once again simply because he didn't call out BLM or Antifa by name. There is nothing that Joe Biden can say that will change your mind and you would do well to at least acknowledge that and stop playing this stupid game with us. Because no one's buying it.

And, just as you expect everyone else to remain open to the possibility that Trump did not make these comments, you must also be open to the possibility that there are state actors infiltrating the BLM movement, just as state actors have used these tactics to discredit and endanger civil rights protestors many times in the past. The so-called "Deep State" is, contrary to what "mainstream" media outlets on both the left and the right have led people to believe, a very real thing and we have evidence of this going back literally decades. The same government that created Ted Kaczynski and Timothy McVeigh and Fred Hampton's killer is still very alive and well and I have seen no evidence that the FBI has reformed its dishonest and criminal practices in the years that followed.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2020, 02:53:01 PM »

Of course the above is a s***post.  I also fail to undersand why you even have a point.

I'm voting for Trump based on public policy on a very basic issue.  It's about policy.  That Democrats need dropping poll numbers to even acknowledge rioting, let alone take a stand against THEIR BASE rioting, speaks for itself, and for the character of the Democratic Party at this particular juncture.

Why do you lie like this? It's so disgraceful and sinful.

As you know, Biden condemned violence and rioting in May.

https://medium.com/@JoeBiden/we-are-a-nation-furious-at-injustice-9dcffd81978f
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2020, 02:55:11 PM »

Of course the above is a s***post.  I also fail to undersand why you even have a point.

Dude, right now, you are exhibiting a tremendous amount of hate in your heart.
Step away from the computer and give it a rest. Go to church or something.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2020, 03:25:32 PM »

Dude, right now, you are exhibiting a tremendous amount of hate in your heart.
Step away from the computer and give it a rest. Go to church or something.

I certainly hate the activities of BLM and Antifa.

I certainly hope God draws them to Him.

I certainly hope they don't resist Him.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2020, 03:38:29 PM »

Well, there you have it folks.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2020, 04:31:23 PM »

Even Fox News said, "There was no indication Pressley necessarily meant anything other than peaceful protest." As for Kamala Harris, she made her comments back in June when it was still abotu the initial George Floyd protests. She has clarified that what she supported was only peaceful protest. More recently she said "I join Joe Biden in condemning this violence."

This is not in dispute; it's public record. To twist their words in bad faith is dishonest and shameful. Particularly when we have a quote from Trump himself condemning the troops.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2020, 05:27:17 PM »

Even Fox News said, "There was no indication Pressley necessarily meant anything other than peaceful protest." As for Kamala Harris, she made her comments back in June when it was still abotu the initial George Floyd protests. She has clarified that what she supported was only peaceful protest. More recently she said "I join Joe Biden in condemning this violence."

This is not in dispute; it's public record. To twist their words in bad faith is dishonest and shameful. Particularly when we have a quote from Trump himself condemning the troops.

Pressley specifically stated that she wishes for the "unrest in the streets" to continue.  We need "more unrest".

"Unrest" isn't "peaceful protest", is it?

https://www.foxnews.com/media/ayanna-pressley-calls-for-unrest-in-the-streets-over-trump-allied-politicians-ignoring-americans-concerns

“This is as much about public outcry, organizing and mobilizing and applying pressure," Pressley said, after mentioning steps Democratic lawmakers can take, "so that this GOP-led Senate and these governors that continue to carry water for this administration, putting American people in harm’s way, turning a deaf ear to the needs of our families and our communities – hold them accountable.

"Make the phone calls, send the emails, show up," she continued. "You know, there needs to be unrest in the streets for as long as there’s unrest in our lives.”

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unrest

Examples of unrest in a Sentence
 The country has experienced years of civil unrest.
unrest gripped the city as the people nervously awaited the expected bombardment

She did not call for continued peaceful protests.  She called for "unrest".  And she did so in the face of the extensive violence, destruction to property, looting, arson, and even death of individuals that had gone on for almost 3 months at the time she made that statement.

Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2020, 05:49:33 PM »

Pressley specifically stated that she wishes for the "unrest in the streets" to continue.  We need "more unrest".

That does NOT mean the same as violent. It means unease and disquiet.

"Make the phone calls, send the emails, show up," she continued. "You know, there needs to be unrest in the streets for as long as there’s unrest in our lives.”

She explained exactly what she meant. I have trouble believing that anyone who is spreading this quote really thinks that Ayanna Pressley supports committing violence. Has anyone who objects to her words here tried to press her on it or clarify her comments? No, because you know what the answer would be. It is more convenient to have it hanging out there so that the right wing noise machine can twist and interpret it in the most incendiary possible fashion as another means to divide Americans.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2020, 06:02:43 PM »

I can't emphasize enough that there's no proof that Trump said this.  None.  

As for the anti-American jocks, their not running for public office.  They can do what they want.  But I will not support them financially in any way, and I won't be compelled to say I approve of what they do because I don't.

There is far, far more hypocrisy on the side of Trump's enemies that accept every unnamed source as the Gospel Truth, yet will not acknowledge BLM and Antifa as perpetrators of criminal violence, which is well-documented.  But go ahead.  Keep it for your records.  I will not vote for a President who will not stand up to criminal mobs of rioters.  That would be Joe Biden, who has all the courage of Caspar Milquetoast hiding under the bed.
Why are BLM, Biden, and "the left" guilty until proven innocent, but Trump is innocent until proven guilty? How is that an objective and rational prism through which to view and analyse politics?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2020, 08:53:44 PM »

I swear, the only kind of protests the right-wing is okay with is the kind of protest they can ignore... which ya know, kind of defeats the whole purpose of a protest.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2020, 08:58:42 PM »

Russia put bounties on our troops, Trump knew and did nothing.

Trump called our troops who perished in battle “losers” and “suckers.”

Trump said a prisoner of war was not a war hero.

Which is more egregious?
The Russian bounties are part of geopolitics. We support people in the Ukraine and Syria killing Russians.

The two quotes about dead soldiers are media hearsay that haven’t been proven. You’re arguing in bad faith.

Hitler was a war hero too.

Off topic, but why would you consider supporting Hawkins if you weren’t voting for Trump? He’s pretty left wing.
He’s militantly anti-war. As I’ve said for years, I would dump Trump the second he invaded Iran.

Why don't you dump him for his incompetent Covid response? Both that and invading Iran have produced a large loss of life.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2020, 09:53:50 PM »

Pathetic unpatriotic un-American cultism.

How is Trump's shoe leather tasting?
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2020, 10:55:10 PM »

Pathetic unpatriotic un-American cultism.

How is Trump's shoe leather tasting?

Trump's policies on the violence in our streets are superior to Biden's.  His policies are sounder.

Biden's policies will reward lawless mobs and encourage more in the future.

This is what this election has come down to me.  Will our leaders protect law-abiding citizens or will they allow criminal mobs to run wild for political purposes? 

I've made my decision.  No toxic tweet can change my mind at this poiont.  Certainly, nothing from an anonymous source can sway me on this topic. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies