The Atlantic: Trump called Dead Soldiers “losers”
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 03:12:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  The Atlantic: Trump called Dead Soldiers “losers”
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23
Author Topic: The Atlantic: Trump called Dead Soldiers “losers”  (Read 19304 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: September 04, 2020, 03:47:00 PM »

I want names and recordings, if not, THEN I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE TROOPS

FTFY
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #301 on: September 04, 2020, 03:47:40 PM »

I want names and recordings, if not, THEN I DON'T CARE

You wouldn't care anyway, you hack. It's obvious Donald Trump is a disgraceful individual.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #302 on: September 04, 2020, 03:49:35 PM »

Biden fires back at Trump: My son wasn't a "sucker."

Democratic nominee Joe Biden issued an emotional response after the Atlantic reported that President Trump denigrated US service members.

Watch video. Click this link ...
https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/09/04/joe-biden-response-trump-troops-atlantic-vpx.cnn

Very powerful statement from Biden.
Please watch it.

High energy response! Love it.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #303 on: September 04, 2020, 03:50:15 PM »

Trump could admit to saying it, and SirWoodbury and Sanchez would still vote for him
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #304 on: September 04, 2020, 03:52:15 PM »

Trump could admit to saying it, and SirWoodbury and Sanchez would still vote for him

I mean, Trump has admitted to sexually assaulting multiple women and they still voted for him, so I'm not sure why they'd care about this Tongue 
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #305 on: September 04, 2020, 03:53:06 PM »

I don't understand why they're staying anonymous. Makes me think it might not be true. Either way it doesn't help Trump's numbers so I don't care that much.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #306 on: September 04, 2020, 03:53:45 PM »

Not everyone is cut out for military service, not everybody who does serve is going to see active combat.  And that's okay.  

But I have zero tolerance for anybody who didn't serve criticizing the service of those who did -- in ANY capacity.  

Some 98% of active duty people never see combat
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #307 on: September 04, 2020, 03:56:00 PM »

If you just don't care, fair enough, but it takes a real dumbass to continuing denying this happened when even Fox News says it did.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #308 on: September 04, 2020, 03:58:45 PM »

You wouldn’t care even if he shot a troop on 5th Avenue.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #309 on: September 04, 2020, 03:59:05 PM »

If you just don't care, fair enough, but it takes a real dumbass to continuing denying this happened when even Fox News says it did.

Then tell the people who heard it to come out of the shadows. Over 50% of the country is behind them, a good chunk, perhaps even a majority of the military is as well. If they truly want to get the man out of office they'll come forward. Otherwise, it's just a rumor no matter how many networks report it, and it won't change a thing.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #310 on: September 04, 2020, 04:09:50 PM »

Then tell the people who heard it to come out of the shadows. Over 50% of the country is behind them, a good chunk, perhaps even a majority of the military is as well. If they truly want to get the man out of office they'll come forward. Otherwise, it's just a rumor no matter how many networks report it, and it won't change a thing.

This is nonsense. Tell this crap to Lieutenant Colonel Alexander Vindman and even his twin brother Yevgeny.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #311 on: September 04, 2020, 04:14:47 PM »

Considering how many highly armed, conspiratorial nutjobs support Trump, I would be very concerned about coming out as a source if I were one.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #312 on: September 04, 2020, 04:28:00 PM »

I've been trying to be skeptical, especially when CNN wouldn't touch this, but the evidence is getting pretty strong. I certainly don't expect sources to just out themselves. There's a reason why we have freedom of the press, because they can't be punished for what they say.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #313 on: September 04, 2020, 04:28:41 PM »

Considering how many highly armed, conspiratorial nutjobs support Trump, I would be very concerned about coming out as a source if I were one.

The famous Second Amendment people.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #314 on: September 04, 2020, 04:35:09 PM »

Fox confirms the story:

Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #315 on: September 04, 2020, 04:49:30 PM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #316 on: September 04, 2020, 04:58:22 PM »

Well this certainly now has legs. AP, Wapo *AND* Fox News have now confirmed it.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #317 on: September 04, 2020, 05:00:44 PM »

Alexander Vindman came forward, not as an act of vengeance against Trump, but simply to report the facts.  He was asked to report on his experiences with the president, and he did so neutrally, only the facts, with no bias or political agenda.  He conducted himself as you would expect from a Lieutenant Colonel -- with class, discipline, and neutrality to all but the truth.

As his reward for coming forward, LtC. Vindman was fired.  Fired from the career he had devoted his entire life to.  And not fired for any good reason, but only because the president wanted him fired, as revenge for serving his country honorably.  In this case, honor demanded that he tell the truth about our dishonorable president.

Furthermore, his brother was also fired.  Two careers destroyed.  Two families damaged.  His brother didn't have anything to do with any of this.  This was just Trump's vindictiveness, his cruelty, his evil, seeing that hurting Vindman's brother was just another way to hurt Vindman.

And Republicans, including those on this board, said nothing.  They made excuses for their president.  They said "I'm sure they both deserved to be fired."  They put words in the president's mouth to make him seem more reasonable.  They invented conspiracy theories about Alexander Vindman.  They ruthlessly attacked and denigrated him, his brother, his family.  When Tammy Duckworth stood up for him, you attacked her as well.  This poor man served his country honorably, and this was how the Republican Party treated him.

With that in mind, I don't want to hear a damn thing from blue avatars, asking "why won't anyone else come forward?"  I don't want to hear a single word out of your lips about how "if they won't put their names on the record, they must be liars, the story must be false."  You've proven what happens when good men come forward.  You've shown what you'll do to good, honest, just men who tell the truth about your president.  I don't blame any of these anonymous folks for looking at Vindman, what you did to him with your cruelty and your silence, and saying "I don't want the same fate."
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #318 on: September 04, 2020, 05:03:48 PM »

You wouldn't care if you had names and recordings either. After all, calling American war dead losers and questioning why our military bothers trying to bring POWs home is just locker room talk; all men do it!
BaldEagle1991
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #319 on: September 04, 2020, 05:09:28 PM »

Well this certainly now has legs. AP, Wapo *AND* Fox News have now confirmed it.

I think most of his hardcore supporters are flocking to OAN and they will never confirm it.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #320 on: September 04, 2020, 05:10:31 PM »

I think most of his hardcore supporters are flocking to OAN and they will never confirm it.

Either that or they will decide the military has always been a bunch of losers and suckers and Trump was being brave and insightful by pointing it out.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #321 on: September 04, 2020, 05:10:44 PM »

Why would Bolton lie about this ?    It certainly wouldn't have helped him sell books to keep this out if it were true.

Trump and McCain were feuding with words, and Trump being vindictive, he attacked McCain's status as a war hero.  The stuff about McCain is awful but Trump doesn't have the same reason to attack someone who died in war 100 years ago, so to believe he is actively disrespecting them requires a higher bar of evidence.
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #322 on: September 04, 2020, 05:13:28 PM »

You wouldn't care if you had names and recordings either. After all, calling American war dead losers and questioning why our military bothers trying to bring POWs home is just locker room talk; all men do it!

Very normal.  Very fair. 
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #323 on: September 04, 2020, 05:14:35 PM »

Why would Bolton lie about this ?    It certainly wouldn't have helped him sell books to keep this out if it were true.

Trump and McCain were feuding with words, and Trump being vindictive, he attacked McCain's status as a war hero.  The stuff about McCain is awful but Trump doesn't have the same reason to attack someone who died in war 100 years ago, so to believe he is actively disrespecting them requires a higher bar of evidence.

When every other Trump cultist has taken the L, always count on Gods to continue trying to put some lipstick on the proverbial pig.

P.S. In case you didn't notice, nobody likes Bolton. So don't try to corner the rest of us by invoking him as some kind of credible source.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #324 on: September 04, 2020, 05:14:41 PM »

Here's a wake-up call to political nerds across the country: Regular people don't care about the daily "OMG Trump said this Trump said that" outrage. They care a lot more about performance and results (good or bad) as president. If it was about character, he would've never become president and would be losing by a lot more than he is now.

https://twitter.com/CharlotteAlter/status/1301710651690299392

In any event, if "regular people" cared about performance and results, then Trump would be at 25%. Performance and results generally doesn't include having the worst pandemic response among developed nations, 30 million unemployed, and four months of social unrest. These "regular people" are voting for him largely because of racial grievance identity politics.

You are right, though. This won't end up affecting the state of the race, even if there was audio of all this and "sources" going on record. We've had hard evidence of horrible stuff Trump has done and said in the past on record and his supporters ended up justifying it/completely disregarding it.

Not really true though, this was already a bad week for Trump and it just got worse, and any week that goes by now, with 60 days left, where it's a bad week for Trump IS affecting the race, in that it continues to make it harder for him to make a "comeback"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies