Deleted
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 19, 2024, 07:02:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Deleted
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Deleted  (Read 965 times)
Coolface Sock #42069
whitesox130
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: 2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2020, 10:06:03 PM »

IL-18: State Senator John Sullivan (D) represented the most conservative part of IL-18 for 14 years. He now served as the head of the Illinois Department of Agriculture, but I think he could have given Aaron Schock a real scare if he and Schock had faced off after all of Schock’s shady campaign finance stuff came out.

This district probably voted 70% for Trump, is the most rural district in the entire state, and was entirely represented by Republicans in the Illinois House over Sullivan’s entire tenure. When he retired, Democrats didn’t even bother nominating someone to run for the seat. In spite of this and the fact that Illinois Democrats tend to run worse downstate than the presidential ticket, Sullivan regularly won his elections with 60% or more of the vote.

If a Democrat would ever have had a chance to win that seat, that would have been their golden opportunity.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 12:30:13 PM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2020, 04:57:11 PM »

IL-18: State Senator John Sullivan (D) represented the most conservative part of IL-18 for 14 years. He now served as the head of the Illinois Department of Agriculture, but I think he could have given Aaron Schock a real scare if he and Schock had faced off after all of Schock’s shady campaign finance stuff came out.

This district probably voted 70% for Trump, is the most rural district in the entire state, and was entirely represented by Republicans in the Illinois House over Sullivan’s entire tenure. When he retired, Democrats didn’t even bother nominating someone to run for the seat. In spite of this and the fact that Illinois Democrats tend to run worse downstate than the presidential ticket, Sullivan regularly won his elections with 60% or more of the vote.

If a Democrat would ever have had a chance to win that seat, that would have been their golden opportunity.

How did he even win in the first place? That part of the state isn't even ancestrally Democratic like Little Egypt.
VPH
vivaportugalhabs
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2020, 01:46:57 PM »

IN-02: Unless the Rs nominate a really weak candidate, I cannot foresee a D candidate winning my district in the foreseeable future.

Mel Hall ran a pretty solid campaign and kept it within around 10%. I still think Mayor Pete could have won it in 2018 by juicing the South Bend margin and pulling in other voters.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies