2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:49:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread  (Read 168031 times)
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« on: October 22, 2020, 11:43:11 AM »

Really ugly numbers in Florida. Let’s see if the Obama rally this weekend can turn things around but it may be time to consider redirecting resources to GA and TX.

If Biden triages Florida then he practically deserves to lose.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 11:47:10 AM »

Really ugly numbers in Florida. Let’s see if the Obama rally this weekend can turn things around but it may be time to consider redirecting resources to GA and TX.

If Biden triages Florida then he practically deserves to lose.

Literally no one is saying he is/will be doing that. What are you people talking about?

I was responding to the post I quoted, which suggested he give up on the key swing state of Florida.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 12:39:22 AM »

Of course, Cornyn may be bluffing and setting dramatic expectations for when Trump & Cornyn eventually win by over 5% after fooling everyone for months about Texas actually flipping to.....

Oh? Forumlurker said he's not gonna comment on this thread anymore? Well in that case...

I'm prepared to eat all-you-can-eat internet crow after November 3. But right now, I don't see anything in Texas outside of a state within 1-2% for either candidate. If anything, the early vote is making me more confident than ever in Biden's chances here. Though I'm more interested in Hegar, State House Dems & Congressional Dems chances at this point.

I still believe! And there's nothing any doomer can do to stop me from having the audacity of hope!

Is it true that the State House is more likely to flip than the state as a whole on the presidential level?
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2020, 06:44:26 PM »

Sorry if this question seems dense, but can somebody spell out for me what is going on in Florida, preferably in a simultaneously non-doomer and non-optimist way? Do Democrats really need a 650k party advantage by election day? Are Republicans actually surging and beating expectations? Does this take into account how NPA are likely to vote? (Who do those voters even favor?) And does any of this give us any insight into who's favored? I'm not looking for any particular answer, I'm just having a hard time grasping this.

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies