2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:57:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread  (Read 167998 times)
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« on: October 18, 2020, 05:17:27 PM »

if republicans write anything positive about turnout the dems have to shut us down but they can  go into pages about texas lol what babies...

The problem is that your side is incapable of critical thinking or reading comprehension these days. Make an actual case as opposed to acting like a child.

The link that Jessica posted did not make the case she was attempting to make. To figure that out she would have had to read 2-3 paragraphs and that is just too much to ask of a Republican these days.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 07:51:25 PM »

That Denton number... something wild is happening in that county.

Lots of growth in that county as well.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 08:48:21 PM »

Bear in mind that Beto won native-born Texans by 3, while Ted carried transplants by 15. Some of the people moving into Texas from out of state are young liberals, but a lot of them are looking for a place with lower taxes. It could be a wash, and I'm not going to try to extrapolate too much.

You don't need to be a liberal to want to throw Trump's ass out of the white house.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 08:55:21 PM »

No, I am not ignoring TargetSmart...

TEXAS EARLY VOTE

Total Ballots Cast: 3,199,795

REPUBLICANS 1,620,479 (50.6 %)

DEMOCRATS 1,311,356 (41.0 %)

INDEPENDENTS 267,960 (8.4 %)

https://targetearly.targetsmart.com/index.html?view_type=State&demo=Modeled%20Party&demo_val=All&state=TX

Biden winning Texas is a "Pipe Dream" for him!

Important to consider these are "modeled" Republicans. So 100k+ voters in the suburbs? I wonder why they are turning out in such high numbers this year. Hmm....
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 03:18:41 PM »

Daily Schedule for Absentee/EV Thread (all times in Eastern):
Noon - 9 PM: Gloat about Texas
9 PM - 12 AM: Freak out over Florida
12 AM - 1 AM: Freak out over Nevada

I liked this post because it's funny but I haven't worried about Nevada all election cycle.
Yeah I’m a doomer, but I’m pretty bullish on Biden’s chances in these Western states. Nevada is no exception. They got a Dem trifecta in 2018 and even some Latino movement towards Trump isn’t enough to cancel out the huge suburban hemorrhaging of the GOP.

If you understand the suburban hemorrhaging occurring across the country, why don't you understand Texas swinging hard against Trump? The state is growing very fast and the growth is concentrated in the suburbs. A 9 point deficit might just be too much to make up in the end, but Texas will be close.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 05:48:42 PM »

The next few days are going to be compared with what were the final days of early voting in past years, right? Since there's a week extra this year?

There were counties where there was no early voting last weekend and this coming weekend will be the only weekend with early voting. Harris County is even doing one night of 24 hour voting and that will be interesting to see how many people utilize that.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 09:16:18 PM »

Let’s hope that the weekend bump culminates, but the GOP is currently over performing in Florida. Let’s not ignore that.

I for one, am saddened and unsurprised by the re-election of idiocrat, Donald J Trump.
I won’t comment on here anymore since it’s clear the Atlas bubble effect is really strong and nothing will change your mind.
I guess watching the complete shock of everyone here when the f**ker gets re-elected will be a bit of entertainment in the otherwise horrible night that is coming.

Democrats have some clear problems in Miami-Dade. Miami-Dade makes up roughly 10% of Florida voters and about 0.7% of US voters.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies