2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:54:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2020 Absentee/Early Voting thread  (Read 167924 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: October 16, 2020, 06:31:55 PM »

Harris County is an absolute juggernaut

RIP Wesley Hunt
Go deeper, RIP Dan Crenshaw

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/columnists/grieder/article/houston-home-politics-yard-signs-biden-crenshaw-15650883.php

I wouldn't be so sure.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2020, 11:20:09 PM »

Yeah, the primary made it clear that PA could be a real trouble spot when it comes to ballot processing/counting. Really hope Biden takes Florida and ends the race on November 3rd.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 09:18:38 AM »

If Kansas is close things like this will be a pain

This is Johnson Co. 

If Kansas is close, the presidency is long gone and Democrats have at least 53 or 54 Senate seats.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 04:50:39 PM »

Bear in mind that Beto won native-born Texans by 3, while Ted carried transplants by 15. Some of the people moving into Texas from out of state are young liberals, but a lot of them are looking for a place with lower taxes. It could be a wash, and I'm not going to try to extrapolate too much.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 08:56:39 PM »

Bear in mind that Beto won native-born Texans by 3, while Ted carried transplants by 15. Some of the people moving into Texas from out of state are young liberals, but a lot of them are looking for a place with lower taxes. It could be a wash, and I'm not going to try to extrapolate too much.

You don't need to be a liberal to want to throw Trump's ass out of the white house.

I know. Notice who the first endorsement in my sig is.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 10:46:35 PM »

Ralston’s updates look pretty good for Democrats so far — they’re leading 2 to 1 in Washoe right now and almost 3 to 1 in Clark. In 2016 with about 10 percent of the vote in, they had a 2,200 ballot lead in Washoe; this year it’s almost 12,000. Still very early, but I don’t see how this is a sign Trump’s on any kind of path to flip Nevada.

Ralston noted earlier in his blog that the majority of the current vote comes from mail, which is overwhelmingly Democratic. In-person early voting in Washoe was narrowly GOP, and I think the vote will tighten over the next few days. Though no matter what, I think the Democrats have built up enough of a freiwal in Clark to keep the state for Biden.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2020, 12:03:35 AM »

Also, Washoe voter registration is pretty much exactly evenly split between the two parties. A 15K lead was not going to hold, and reversion to the mean is expected.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies