Antioch, IL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:40:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Antioch, IL
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Antioch, IL  (Read 289 times)
freepcrusher
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 02, 2020, 03:33:20 PM »

I had never really been that familiar with the place until the whole Kenosha thing happened. Seeing that it was in Lake County - I assumed it was a silk stocking type of place that someone like Kirk or Dold would live. I was surprised that a gun enthusiast (not criticizing the kid but I think he would admit to being one) would live.

Looking at an election map - it seems it was one of the few townships in Lake County that Trump won and even swung slightly to him. Is it similar to the area west of Farmington and north of Pontiac in Oakland County or the area west of Plymouth in Hennepin County?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 03:40:44 PM »
« Edited: September 02, 2020, 03:49:13 PM by Green Line »

Antioch has nothing in common with the rich villages in eastern Lake County that exist along the lake shore.  Its a hick town through and through, and lots of people have moved there over the last 25 years because its cheap-ish.  They never recovered from the housing crash in 2008 though.  Its kind of suburb because it has Metra, but it doesn't feel like it.

Much nicer people too than you'll find anywhere along the north shore.
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 03:12:46 PM »

Lake County is actually fairly diverse. Deerfield, Highland Park and Lake Forest are the classic wealthy Rockefeller Republican type areas - these were the types of places that supported Mark and Bob for years, but hate Trump. Waukegan, North Chicago and Zion are poorer, and have large black and Hispanic populations. The western half of the county (Barrington, Wauconda), which Antioch is part of, is much more socially conservative.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies