The first human being to land on Mars will be a... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:35:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  The first human being to land on Mars will be a... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: The first human being to land on Mars will be a...
American woman

American man

Chinese woman

Chinese man

Russian woman

Russian man

Other nation woman

Other nation man

No human being will land on Mars

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 58

Author Topic: The first human being to land on Mars will be a...  (Read 1351 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: September 02, 2020, 09:07:48 AM »

on the 19th of Aug, 2042, the Carl Sagan will land on the surface of Mars with a crew of 7.  4 men (2 white, 1 black, 1 Hispanic) and 3 women (2 white, 1 Hispanic).
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2020, 10:11:17 AM »

(I don't expect China to magically become a part of that group anytime soon, & there's no way a Chinese space program beats all of those nations' combined efforts to have the 1st manned mission to Mars. Hell, even today, a manned mission to the Moon is still incredibly expensive & difficult, & I think China would have to at least do that as well as a rover landing on Mars before even thinking about a manned mission to Mars.)

CLEP already has achieved a rover on the far side of the moon, is on target for a sample return probe by 2025 and a manned lunar mission by 2030.

I think it likely that there will be a Chinese Martian mission by 2040 and almost certainly by 2050.

While the West has the technical capability of getting to Mars sooner, I just don't see the funding being there.
the funding might magically appear if the PRC starts making serious plans to do so first.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies