A Little Bias, Are We?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:31:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election Campaign
  A Little Bias, Are We?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Little Bias, Are We?  (Read 2417 times)
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 28, 2004, 09:49:17 PM »

It's interesting to note that USAToday (or as I call it "CNN in Print) ran today, in it's weekly cartoon spread, not one, not two, not even three, but yes my friends all five cartoons complaining about gas prices.  All five!!!  On a subject that Most would agree is not favorable for Bush.  They seem to be streatching it a bit.

Just my thoughts.
cole
Rookie

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 11:20:19 PM »

does anyone actually take USA Today seriously? I've heard it called "McPaper" before, anyway.
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 11:56:50 PM »

does anyone actually take USA Today seriously? I've heard it called "McPaper" before, anyway.

I don't.  I just read it so I can get the liberal perspective, but not have to struggle through readin the New York Times.
Nation
of_thisnation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2004, 01:03:52 AM »

USA Today ocassionally has a really interesting cover story. And their weather map in the back is nice and colorful. Ooooh. Cheesy
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2004, 01:09:15 AM »

USA Today ocassionally has a really interesting cover story. And their weather map in the back is nice and colorful. Ooooh. Cheesy

Yeah, that's about it to be honest with you.  They are also good for graphics and other data come election time, but they really aren't good for much else.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2004, 10:24:56 AM »

Well, its FREE at the hotel! And worth every penny.

Yep.   They unload hundreds of thousands of papers daily at hotels.  That's why they are the 'most widely circulated' American newspaper.  WSJ is number two (in more ways that one), NYT is number three.
Fmr. Gov. NickG
NickG
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -3.49

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2004, 12:48:05 PM »

I like to get USA Today when I'm on vacation b/c they are the only paper that covers all sports teams equally.  

WSJ's sports coverage is obviously pathetic, but even the NYT doesn't have late scores.

Also, USA Today has amusing and colorful charts.  And convenient TV listings.
pieman
Rookie

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2004, 04:52:52 PM »

I like to get USA Today when I'm on vacation b/c they are the only paper that covers all sports teams equally.  

WSJ's sports coverage is obviously pathetic, but even the NYT doesn't have late scores.

Also, USA Today has amusing and colorful charts.  And convenient TV listings.

Yep, great when you're out of town. (BTW, its a conservative relief compared to the MPLS Stat-Tribune)

Love the color, no one else would be doing it if they hadn't started it.
M

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 02:32:13 AM »

I'll take the Journal in plain-ole black and white any day of the week. Make that every. Which I do.
Wakie
YaBB God

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 01:25:37 PM »

Umm ... most times they run those cartoons all on the same theme.  Considering that it was a holiday weekend when many people were driving I'm thinking that gas prices were probably on a lot of people's minds ... making that topic quite timely.
Nym90
nym90
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -2.96

P P P
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2004, 09:15:04 PM »

Wakie--

You should register for the Fantasy Elections. We have a presidential election coming up soon. Just make a post in the following thread, saying your screen name, home state, and party.

http://www.uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=2153;start=405
Swing low, sweet chariot. Comin' for to carry me home.
jmfcst
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2004, 03:58:25 PM »

It's interesting to note that USAToday (or as I call it "CNN in Print) ran today, in it's weekly cartoon spread, not one, not two, not even three, but yes my friends all five cartoons complaining about gas prices.  All five!!!  On a subject that Most would agree is not favorable for Bush.  They seem to be streatching it a bit.

Just my thoughts.

Only 5?  It should have been ten!  I emailed my complaints about the price of gas straight to the White House.
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2004, 05:29:32 PM »

I'll take the Journal in plain-ole black and white any day of the week. Make that every. Which I do.

around here we get the journal in color.
Storebought
YaBB God
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2004, 09:39:12 PM »

Gas prices wouldn't be an issue if Alaska were an oil-producing, industrially developed state instead of the welfare-gobbling nature preserve it is now. And more refineries were built, particularly in southern California and the Gulf Coast, to handle increased capacity. But that'll never happen, so stop b*tching about gas prices, anyway.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies