CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:32:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 100
Author Topic: CA GOV 2021 - 2022 megathread  (Read 124077 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #700 on: July 06, 2021, 03:34:43 PM »

Assemblyman Kevin Kiley (R-some Placer County suburb) is in
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #701 on: July 06, 2021, 05:16:39 PM »

Assemblyman Kevin Kiley (R-some Placer County suburb) is in

Rocklin, I think. Not that any of the Placer County suburbs are distinguishable in any way, shape, or form.
- a proud resident of Sacramento County and not so proud resident of Kiley’s district

He’s one of the most pro-Covid politicians I know of in California.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #702 on: July 07, 2021, 11:37:42 AM »

Seems like a pretty blatant attempt to boost his name rec so he can eventually run for Congress
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #703 on: July 08, 2021, 01:17:05 AM »

Dave Rubin running for governor?

Also heard Larry Elder being floated around as a potential candidate, and I heard he's expressed interest in it?
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #704 on: July 08, 2021, 01:18:01 AM »

As I said above — if there's a scenario where Newsom loses, it's large-scale rolling blackouts, same as '03. And the WSJ is warning that it's coming

The California Independent System Operator is soliciting power producers across the West to sell more megawatts to the state in July and August in anticipation of regionwide heat waves that will substantially boost electricity demand … power supplies are lower than it expected, due to a reduction in hydroelectric generation caused by continuing drought conditions, power-plant outages and delays in bringing new generation sources online. …

CAISO’s emergency effort is critical to reducing the risk of rolling blackouts this summer, which could occur if demand exceeds available supply. … CAISO has asked for supplies available between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m., if not for longer, to offset the decline in solar generation. The grid operator hasn’t said exactly how much capacity it plans to procure, but noted that it is about 2,000 megawatts short of what it considers a comfortable margin between available supplies and demand at 8 p.m. local time, when solar production drops off.
Terfnerf
Rookie
United States

« Reply #705 on: July 08, 2021, 01:22:26 AM »

I would so love for this to happen.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #706 on: July 08, 2021, 05:52:17 PM »

Poor Larry, always was a nice guy when I met him, he doesn't deserve this.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #707 on: July 08, 2021, 06:43:00 PM »

Still a clown.

If Jenner were somehow the Republican gubernatorial nominee in the regularly scheduled election next year, she would lose by the same 60-40% margin that Republicans typically lose by in California nowadays.

Think about the sort of people who are still Republican in California nowadays-Evangelicals in SoCal exurbia, Central Valley farmers, and diehard anti-Communist Vietnamese immigrants. Hard to see any of them being particularly fond of a transwoman candidate for governor.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #708 on: July 09, 2021, 05:42:47 AM »

Still a clown.

If Jenner were somehow the Republican gubernatorial nominee in the regularly scheduled election next year, she would lose by the same 60-40% margin that Republicans typically lose by in California nowadays.

Think about the sort of people who are still Republican in California nowadays-Evangelicals in SoCal exurbia, Central Valley farmers, and diehard anti-Communist Vietnamese immigrants. Hard to see any of them being particularly fond of a transwoman candidate for governor.

You're right. Jenner would obviously still carry these constituencies against Newsom in a general election, but turnout and margins would be depressed.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #709 on: July 09, 2021, 05:45:11 AM »

I've actually listened to some of his show's broadcasts on the radio, when riding with my father in the past. I know from these broadcasts that he is a native of Los Angeles. But obviously, as a staunch conservative Republican in a heavily Democratic state, Elder would be the definition of a sacrificial lamb, and like Jenner, would lose by 60-40% at a minimum if he got into the runoff.
An American Tail: Fubart Goes West
Fubart Solman
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #710 on: July 09, 2021, 03:32:12 PM »

Still a clown.

The State of Jefferson folks aren’t gonna be fertile ground for her either.

Also, Garcetti got picked for Ambassador to India, so if confirmed, he won’t be a threat.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #711 on: July 10, 2021, 04:04:33 AM »

What a trainwreck... Republicans just don't bother about any facts anymore.

Pink Panther

« Reply #712 on: July 10, 2021, 09:44:35 AM »

Is she high? Or is this some publicity stunt?
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #713 on: July 10, 2021, 10:00:59 AM »

Is she high? Or is this some publicity stunt?

Seems like a page from the trump playbook
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #714 on: July 10, 2021, 10:41:28 AM »

McCarthy favs have gone down since he blocked the JT Commission and Cox is seen as another McCarthy, Cox was tied before the Commission was blocked now he is double digits behind

The Rs targeted Cali, due to lower turnout in off year Election
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #715 on: July 10, 2021, 07:28:43 PM »

Newsom is in danger. Others have pointed out that failed recalls like Walker's happen because the crisis that motivated them is in distant memory by that time. The issue here is that the recall will be held during the middle of PG&E Blackout fire season with a small side of water rationing.
ChiefFireWaterMike
LordRichard

« Reply #716 on: July 10, 2021, 08:14:58 PM »

I've actually listened to some of his show's broadcasts on the radio, when riding with my father in the past. I know from these broadcasts that he is a native of Los Angeles. But obviously, as a staunch conservative Republican in a heavily Democratic state, Elder would be the definition of a sacrificial lamb, and like Jenner, would lose by 60-40% at a minimum if he got into the runoff.
yeah, it's a shame. He's actually been pretty libertarian, and actually moderated their debate in 2016.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #717 on: July 11, 2021, 03:37:11 AM »

Newsom is in danger. Others have pointed out that failed recalls like Walker's happen because the crisis that motivated them is in distant memory by that time. The issue here is that the recall will be held during the middle of PG&E Blackout fire season with a small side of water rationing.

Wisconsin isn't nearly as red (or wasn't in this case) than California is blue. It's not even comparable to 2003, when there was also a popular Hollywood star with universal name recognition and moderate political positions was running against an incumbent with low approval ratings. Newsom is fine.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #718 on: July 11, 2021, 06:23:54 AM »

Wisconsin isn't nearly as red (or wasn't in this case) than California is blue. It's not even comparable to 2003, when there was also a popular Hollywood star with universal name recognition and moderate political positions was running against an incumbent with low approval ratings. Newsom is fine.
WI has never been as red as CA is blue in any time in reasonably recent political history, with the sole exception of 2010.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #719 on: July 11, 2021, 07:43:49 AM »

Newsom isn't in trouble since McCarthy blocked the Commission, Cox was tied with Newsom, since then Cox has been morphed into Leader McCarthy

Also, Cali doesn't drill off it's coast, Oil drilling is causing the drought conditions
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #720 on: July 12, 2021, 08:10:13 PM »

Larry Elder in!

electelder.com
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #721 on: July 12, 2021, 11:08:27 PM »

Still a clown.

DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #722 on: July 12, 2021, 11:40:51 PM »

If you walk into a den of wolves don't be surprised if you get attacked. Jenner knows exactly who these people are, but she thinks they will make an exception because of her conservative views.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #723 on: July 13, 2021, 08:31:02 AM »

Newsom name isn't gonna be on the ballot just the recall which gives way to a better chance for recall, I am still undecided, if Newsom is recalled Steyer will run in 2022

Newsom is leading 50/44 still in range for recall, it's secret ballot
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #724 on: July 13, 2021, 04:15:21 PM »
« Edited: July 13, 2021, 04:19:53 PM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

I actually feel really bad for her. Her politics are horsesh*t, but no one deserves to be treated badly for being transgender. I just wish that she, along with every other LGBTQ+ conservative, would realize that the Republican Party is not their ally.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 ... 100  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies