NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:03:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 127176 times)
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« on: December 20, 2020, 12:20:59 AM »

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2021, 09:06:08 PM »
« Edited: January 21, 2021, 10:32:21 PM by Zaybay »

It should be noted that the Gotham Gazette poll posted above is a campaign poll from the Yang campaign. Its an internal.

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 06:19:22 PM »

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 03:25:22 PM »

This is probably an important facet of the poll that has yet to be mentioned:

Of the 842 likely primary voters polled, 84% have heard of Yang, while 66% have heard of Stringer and 60% know Adams by name.

Donovan, Wiley and Garcia are far less well-known, despite each having had experience in government, with Donovan having served as a former top official under President Obama, Wiley as one of Mayor de Blasio’s top legal advisers and Garcia as the city’s former sanitation commissioner. Despite their experience, they are household names to only 33% of those polled. Even fewer voters have heard of McGuire, a former Citigroup exec, and Morales, who headed a non-profit, with only 25% recognizing their names.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 12:27:47 AM »

In the poll, a full 50% of those Democrats surveyed said they are undecided about which candidate they will choose. Yang received 16% of the vote, Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams came in second with 10%, and former counsel to the mayor Maya Wiley was third with 6%. Comptroller Scott Stringer, the only citywide elected official in the race, was in fourth place with 5%. Former Citigroup executive Ray McGuire received 4% while three other candidates – former federal housing secretary Shaun Donovan, former city sanitation commissioner Kathryn Garcia, and former nonprofit executive Dianne Morales – all tied at 2%. No other candidates were named in the poll; the eight included candidates are generally considered the ‘top tier’ and are, with wide variations, the top fundraisers in the race, which includes another nearly 20 Democratic candidates who have filed to run.

Though Yang’s vote share fell compared to the last poll – which was conducted January 20-25 and released February 10, and saw him receiving 28% – he remains the most well-known candidate in the race with 85% of those polled this month saying they had heard of him. In comparison, 64% said they had heard of Stringer and 62% said the same of Adams. The February poll gave voters names and brief titles or descriptions of the candidates while the March poll prompted voters with names only, which could be part of why the undecided share increased from 19% to 50% between the two polls. Other possible reasons include voters paying more attention to the race and therefore learning more about various candidates. The prior poll was also conducted through online interviews as opposed to phone interviews for the current poll.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 07:01:22 PM »

Why isn't Eric Adams gaining traction? Is it because McGuire is in his lane of moderate black voters in Queens and Brooklyn? Is it because he is a former cop?

Is it because he sucks?
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2021, 06:26:13 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2021, 02:48:58 PM by Zaybay »

The NYT’s endorsement for mayor is.... Kathryn Garcia.

The NYT endorsing a candidate with little/no chance of winning is starting to become rather cliche at this point.

Edit: I may have to eat my own words, and I really hope that I do.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 04:10:36 PM »

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2021, 08:15:30 PM »

Don't use the NYT, they're being rather slow with the count.

Around 200K votes are already in on the website:
https://web.enrboenyc.us/index.html
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2021, 12:52:58 AM »
« Edited: July 02, 2021, 12:56:24 AM by Zaybay »

Hoping Adams pulls it out over Garcia.

Ideally, Wiley, but fewer Garcia fans ranked her than the inverse. Stay classy, Garcia fans.
Regretting your support for a candidate because of what demographics supported them and how preferences flow is pretty absurd, especially when you consider who the opposition is.

I will still support whoever is the nominee, but I despise the gentrification of Manhattan and those downtown areas of Brooklyn. It's clear to me that Adams followed by Wiley was most popular in the real New York. If all the gentrifiers supported Garcia, there must be a reason for that, she must not be interested in fixing the housing crisis.

Hoping Adams pulls it out over Garcia.

Ideally, Wiley, but fewer Garcia fans ranked her than the inverse. Stay classy, Garcia fans.
Regretting your support for a candidate because of what demographics supported them and how preferences flow is pretty absurd, especially when you consider who the opposition is.

I will still support whoever is the nominee, but I despise the gentrification of Manhattan and those downtown areas of Brooklyn. It's clear to me that Adams followed by Wiley was most popular in the real New York. If all the gentrifiers supported Garcia, there must be a reason for that, she must not be interested in fixing the housing crisis.

I'm sorry, you don't get to decide who the "real" New Yorkers are. That's completely ridiculous

I can say what I want, and I'm going to call the gentrification that has destroyed Manhattan what it is. Garcia is their candidate.

Voting on xenophobia and attacking outsiders, but woke!

NYC is a city that is and always has been for immigrants. That shouldn't change. But it's a unique situation that's developed and accelerated in the past 15 years that the people who make the city run have been pushed farther and farther away from where they grew up, many can't even afford to live in the same borough they work (often in essential positions.) That's a problem. There needs to be a massive increase in affordable housing construction, and it needs to be high-density. Garcia is not the candidate who will do it, she is the candidate of the luxury apartment and condo developers that have destroyed whole neighborhoods that once gave NYC its legendary character.

You haven't bothered to read into the platforms of any of the candidates, huh?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies