NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:24:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 97
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 127264 times)
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1250 on: June 09, 2021, 10:04:35 AM »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

No way I could support Wiley despite AOC's endorsement if this vile piece of excrement is supporting her.
Good to see that you wouldn't support Joe Biden because Elizabeth Warren supports him.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1251 on: June 09, 2021, 10:14:44 AM »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

No way I could support Wiley despite AOC's endorsement if this vile piece of excrement is supporting her.
Good to see that you wouldn't support Joe Biden because Elizabeth Warren supports him.
She obviously didn't in the primary!
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1252 on: June 09, 2021, 11:17:40 AM »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

I'm not a fan of Elizabeth Warren, but there are many politicians in both parties who are much worse than she is.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #1253 on: June 09, 2021, 11:25:48 AM »

This is a mess lmao

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1254 on: June 09, 2021, 12:01:47 PM »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

I'm not a fan of Elizabeth Warren, but there are many politicians in both parties who are much worse than she is.
No she's definitely one of the worst Democrats. You'd have to scrape the bottom of the barrel with people like Donna Shalala and Justin Fairfax for ones worse than her.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1255 on: June 09, 2021, 12:06:59 PM »

Yang down even in an internal. June 1st to 6th

His campaign often brags that they're up in their internals. So, yikes.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #1256 on: June 09, 2021, 12:17:33 PM »

Ignore BRTD folks, he's not to be taken seriously

Anyways, I am fairly confident Adams will win
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1257 on: June 09, 2021, 12:30:12 PM »

The RCV simulation from that poll. Yang gets limited transfers and then enough go for Adams at the end. Reminder that transfers are not perfect - some voters will exit the reapportionment each round. I doubt there are that many Morales -> Adams voters for instance.
Tintrlvr
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1258 on: June 09, 2021, 12:38:34 PM »

The RCV simulation from that poll. Yang gets limited transfers and then enough go for Adams at the end. Reminder that transfers are not perfect - some voters will exit the reapportionment each round. I doubt there are that many Morales -> Adams voters for instance.

It's disappointing how many Stringer-Adams and Wiley-Adams votes there are, even assuming that a good chunk of the changes are Stringer and Wiley votes exhausting. Not incredibly surprising but disappointing.

The alternative explanation is that the vast majority of votes are being exhausted every round instead of transferring. The ballot design should (hopefully) cut down on exhaustion even when voters are only able to choose five candidates, but I nonetheless would not be surprised if most voters only put down one or two preferences (e.g., Morales-Wiley-exhausted, or Stringer-exhausted, are totally plausible patterns).
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1259 on: June 09, 2021, 01:02:20 PM »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

No she's definitely one of the worst Democrats. You'd have to scrape the bottom of the barrel with people like Donna Shalala and Justin Fairfax for ones worse than her.

What is wrong with Warren? Also Joe Manchin, Joe Lieberman, Henry Cuellar, Kurt Schrader, and John Bel Edwards are all worse than Shalala or Warren. Your hatred of Shalala and Warren is so bizarre.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1260 on: June 09, 2021, 01:07:52 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2021, 01:11:50 PM by The End to the Epic »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

What is wrong with Warren? Also Joe Manchin, Joe Lieberman, Henry Cuellar, Kurt Schrader, and John Bel Edwards are all worse than Shalala or Warren. Your hatred of Shalala and Warren is so bizarre.

Lieberman isn't a Democrat anymore.

The problem with Warren is she's a dishonest snake (see what she said about Bernie) and her entire campaign was just about idol virtue signaling and nothing to help out working people. Biden though I didn't support him is actually turning out to be a great example of what the party needs, he's pushing for a lot to help out ordinary people that Trump doesn't give a sh!t about instead of wasting his time with such virtue signaling. Also for that reason Biden beat Trump and Warren would've likely lost. To top it all off Warren has shown DEEP disrespect to the Native American and Latino communities.

And Shalala is an absolute ghoul. She's actually an enemy of working people, in fact one the chaplains at the University she was President of even flat out called her "an enemy of the working poor."
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1261 on: June 09, 2021, 01:59:53 PM »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

There are many other names which I could throw out there, of Democratic politicians who are worse than Warren. But as I said above, I'm not a fan of hers, and I'm convinced she would have lost to Trump last year had she been the Democratic nominee.
CookieDamage
cookiedamage
YaBB God

« Reply #1262 on: June 09, 2021, 02:11:44 PM »

I wonder if the recent string of endorsements for Wiley will help her. The primary is still almost 2 weeks away. Not a lot of time left to consolidate the progressive vote but it's still a chance none the less.

Anyways as long as Yang doesn't win.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1263 on: June 09, 2021, 02:24:29 PM »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

Point taken, but how does this relate to the other examples

The problem with Warren is she's a dishonest snake (see what she said about Bernie) and her entire campaign was just about idol virtue signaling and nothing to help out working people. Biden though I didn't support him is actually turning out to be a great example of what the party needs, he's pushing for a lot to help out ordinary people that Trump doesn't give a sh!t about instead of wasting his time with such virtue signaling. Also for that reason Biden beat Trump and Warren would've likely lost. To top it all off Warren has shown DEEP disrespect to the Native American and Latino communities.

Please stop peddling this nonsense, I didn't support Warren, but Bernie saying that he didn't think a woman should be president was very wrong, and it's annoying that the Bros are still peddling this a year after the primary. Also I'm confused how Warren is virtue signaling and how she has shown disrespect, but whatever.

And Shalala is an absolute ghoul. She's actually an enemy of working people, in fact one the chaplains at the University she was President of even flat out called her "an enemy of the working poor."

Why exactly is the opinion of a chaplain relevant? Also I am still confused what was wrong with her actions during the University of Miami strike thing, but again whatever.
支持核绿派 (Greens4Nuclear)
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1264 on: June 09, 2021, 02:31:03 PM »

I wonder if the recent string of endorsements for Wiley will help her. The primary is still almost 2 weeks away. Not a lot of time left to consolidate the progressive vote but it's still a chance none the less.

Anyways as long as Yang doesn't win.

I could be wrong on this, but there probably aren’t enough persuadable progressive voters left for Wiley to beat out Yang or Adams in the first round. Shame, she was one of my preferred non-Yang candidates. Adams doesn’t seem all that bad compared to Stringer though.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1265 on: June 09, 2021, 03:43:37 PM »
« Edited: June 09, 2021, 04:45:31 PM by The End to the Epic »

Warren endorses Wiley.

Ugh.

Point taken, but how does this relate to the other examples

Please stop peddling this nonsense, I didn't support Warren, but Bernie saying that he didn't think a woman should be president was very wrong, and it's annoying that the Bros are still peddling this a year after the primary. Also I'm confused how Warren is virtue signaling and how she has shown disrespect, but whatever.

Why exactly is the opinion of a chaplain relevant? Also I am still confused what was wrong with her actions during the University of Miami strike thing, but again whatever.

1-She lied about Bernie.
2-She lied about being Native American.
3-She insists on calling Latinos a term that 97% of them reject and many find deeply offensive.

As for Shalala, uh you don't see the wrong in denying a living wage to working poor employees and union busting and the disciplining students who campaigned with the workers? Democrats are supposed to support unions and labor. Shalala tried to f[inks] them up.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1266 on: June 09, 2021, 03:54:31 PM »

If I was a New Yorker, this would be my rank:

1. Adams
2. Garcia
3. Donovan

(Though I'm warming up to Garcia as #1.)

New Yorkers, DO NOT rank Yang, Stringer, or McGuire.

Wiley's embrace of the Warren Dems and Bernie Bros sucks. Seems like she's running to be activist-in-chief rather than a leader based on that.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1267 on: June 09, 2021, 03:56:58 PM »

Looks like the primary is coming down to a choice between a mayor who will be beholden to the activist industrial complex (Wiley) or a mayor who will be beholden to our city's most corrupt and pernicious unions and public sector thugs (Adams). Yikes.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #1268 on: June 09, 2021, 03:57:52 PM »

I'd go-

1. Garcia
2. Wiley
3. Donovan

I don't care about the rest.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #1269 on: June 09, 2021, 04:04:17 PM »

Why do so many people have Shaun Donovan in their top five? Other than when he didn't know how much a house costs, I haven't heard a single thing about him.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #1270 on: June 09, 2021, 04:09:10 PM »

Waiting to see a more recent poll to see if Garcia or Wiley have continued to make an impact. Even that Ipsos poll is incredibly outdated at this point.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #1271 on: June 09, 2021, 04:10:36 PM »

Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1272 on: June 09, 2021, 04:19:28 PM »

Why do so many people have Shaun Donovan in their top five? Other than when he didn't know how much a house costs, I haven't heard a single thing about him.
Something appealing about making your vote transfer one more time before inevitably ending up with Adams? His policies (especially on housing, despite his awful answer) aren't all that bad, though not as good as Garcia.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1273 on: June 09, 2021, 05:59:16 PM »

Memerson, but Wiley clearly is now in the top candidate bracket.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1274 on: June 09, 2021, 06:27:47 PM »

God, why is Emerson just so noisy? First a Garcia surge, & now a Wiley surge, all the while showing a 14-point swing among undecideds in 8 days!? I don't wanna read too much into it, but I hope there's still time for Adams to be stopped.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies