NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:10:18 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 97
Author Topic: NYC Mayor/2021 Megathread  (Read 127834 times)
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: April 19, 2021, 05:49:18 PM »

What a great week for my guy Scott Stringer. Amazing. So proud to be working for his campaign!
How's it looking on the campaign trail? You having fun out there? What are you doing for the campaign at the moment?
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #651 on: April 19, 2021, 05:51:20 PM »

What a great week for my guy Scott Stringer. Amazing. So proud to be working for his campaign!
How's it looking on the campaign trail? You having fun out there? What are you doing for the campaign at the moment?

Pretty good! I am mostly pamphleteering, which is what I enjoy most. It's extra fun when Scott is involved! I am also doing some social media stuff behind the scenes too. Which is great!
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #652 on: April 19, 2021, 06:06:28 PM »

Calling it now. It's going to be Stringer.

Ah, the Beet prediction, the kiss of death. I should quit and go home.

🙄
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #653 on: April 19, 2021, 06:07:30 PM »

Calling it now. It's going to be Stringer.

Ah, the Beet prediction, the kiss of death. I should quit and go home.

🙄

I don't know, is 10% of the global population dead? Did Trump win? :/
SInNYC

« Reply #654 on: April 20, 2021, 09:07:25 AM »

The details here are pretty interesting. People's choices dont seem to be particularly driven by ideology.

Morales voters go to Wiley-Adams/Yang-Mcguire/Stringer in that order, though roundoff error means it could be just a split but with a dispreference for Stringer.
Mcguire voters are  split between Adams, Stringer, and Yang.
Similarly Adams voters spit between Stringer and Yang.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #655 on: April 20, 2021, 09:22:07 AM »

The details here are pretty interesting. People's choices don't seem to be particularly driven by ideology.

Morales voters go to Wiley-Adams/Yang-McGuire/Stringer in that order, though roundoff error means it could be just a split but with a distinct preference for Stringer.
McGuire voters are  split between Adams, Stringer, and Yang.

That's not terribly surprising. People are still learning a lot about candidates and average voters don't differentiate the candidates to the degree that we on this site do.

But also some people have focus on things beyond ideology that matter. Like if I was an NYC voter I would definitely want a Mayor that's ready on Day 1 and my top 2 would be Garcia and Stringer, even though Garcia is considered to be much less progressive than Stringer (I'd disagree a little on that but that's not too important).

Also there's plenty of cases picking candidates of the same geography (some Progressive Brooklynites may be going for Adams just because) and of course same race (it's getting pretty obvious that many Asian New Yorkers like Yang for representational reasons)
SInNYC

« Reply #656 on: April 20, 2021, 10:25:31 AM »

The details here are pretty interesting. People's choices don't seem to be particularly driven by ideology.

Morales voters go to Wiley-Adams/Yang-McGuire/Stringer in that order, though roundoff error means it could be just a split but with a distinct preference for Stringer.
McGuire voters are  split between Adams, Stringer, and Yang.

That's not terribly surprising. People are still learning a lot about candidates and average voters don't differentiate the candidates to the degree that we on this site do.

But also some people have focus on things beyond ideology that matter. Like if I was an NYC voter I would definitely want a Mayor that's ready on Day 1 and my top 2 would be Garcia and Stringer, even though Garcia is considered to be much less progressive than Stringer (I'd disagree a little on that but that's not too important).

Also there's plenty of cases picking candidates of the same geography (some Progressive Brooklynites may be going for Adams just because) and of course same race (it's getting pretty obvious that many Asian New Yorkers like Yang for representational reasons)

I said "dispreference", not "distinct preference". Is there a reason why you changed it?
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #657 on: April 20, 2021, 03:53:26 PM »

McGuire voters are  split between Adams, Stringer, and Yang.

I said "dispreference", not "distinct preference". Is there a reason why you changed it?

woops--thought that distinct preference is what you meant there. Went back after I posted and realized I was wrong
FourEyedRick
Rookie
« Reply #658 on: April 21, 2021, 09:32:43 AM »

StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #659 on: April 21, 2021, 10:11:39 AM »

McGuire voters are  split between Adams, Stringer, and Yang.

Shocking.
Babeuf

« Reply #660 on: April 21, 2021, 11:12:02 AM »

As a pretty solid front runner, this won’t be the last semi-opportunistic endorsement that Yang gets (Menchaca is term limited and wants some appointment job or Yang’s support in some future run). Politicians flock to a perceived winner.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #661 on: April 21, 2021, 01:00:19 PM »

As a pretty solid front runner, this won’t be the last semi-opportunistic endorsement that Yang gets (Menchaca is term limited and wants some appointment job or Yang’s support in some future run). Politicians flock to a perceived winner.

Seems pretty damning for Stringer, though, given he would have been the obvious choice for Menchaca to endorse. Suggests that Manchaca really does think Yang is guaranteed to win
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #662 on: April 21, 2021, 01:20:43 PM »

Seems pretty damning for Stringer, though, given he would have been the obvious choice for Menchaca to endorse. Suggests that Manchaca really does think Yang is guaranteed to win

No that’s Morales who was expected
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #663 on: April 21, 2021, 04:34:08 PM »

Was it? As far as I can recall, Menchaca & Yang acted pretty friendly toward one another on the campaign trail when the former was still in the race, so - in that light - this news wouldn't really be all that shocking.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #664 on: April 21, 2021, 04:45:29 PM »

Was it? As far as I can recall, Menchaca & Yang acted pretty friendly toward one another on the campaign trail when the former was still in the race, so - in that light - this news wouldn't really be all that shocking.

Oh I absolutely agree. This doesn’t surprise me at all. But Morales was the one most people assumed prior to all of him and Yang appearing together
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #665 on: April 21, 2021, 05:18:21 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2021, 05:22:00 PM by leecannon_ »

Maya Wiley is the only candidate (outside Yang) with pins in their store so she should win

Yangs pins are really nice tho its taking a lot not to buy them
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #666 on: April 22, 2021, 08:23:52 AM »

Maya Wiley is the only candidate (outside Yang) with pins in their store so she should win

I believe all official Yang merch is available just to people with an NYC mailing and shipping address, which is weirdly restrictive but probably a sign of Yang's campaign being very insecure with being seen as a candidate with fans only outside of the City.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #667 on: April 22, 2021, 08:28:20 AM »

I believe all official Yang merch is available just to people with an NYC mailing and shipping address, which is weirdly restrictive but probably a sign of Yang's campaign being very insecure with being seen as a candidate with fans only outside of the City.

Boo! Let me buy pins for my collection!!
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #668 on: April 22, 2021, 11:33:19 AM »
« Edited: April 22, 2021, 11:38:17 AM by Lief 🐋 »

Looks like it's time for some consolidation.

No surprise to see Morales not existing in this demographic. In fact I'm starting to think she doesn't exist at all.

No... that can’t be right... I see her posters all over the place in the neighborhoods where all the gentrifiers who pretend to hate gentrification live. 🤔
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #669 on: April 22, 2021, 11:45:11 AM »

The lettering behind them saying “ANAL” though...
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #670 on: April 22, 2021, 01:50:28 PM »

Yang says he will second pref Kathryn Garcia
https://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/ny-edit-seconds-20210421-un7p7vgybzd5phbb3vn7dip6gm-story.html?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #671 on: April 22, 2021, 01:52:43 PM »

Morales is no longer saying she will rank Wiley second
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #672 on: April 22, 2021, 01:57:16 PM »

Yang as Mayor and Garcia actually running things as deputy mayor would be the best case scenario at this point IMO.
Ridgemaple
« Reply #673 on: April 22, 2021, 02:33:33 PM »

I really hope Yang wins. We desperately need him.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #674 on: April 22, 2021, 03:06:12 PM »

I really hope Yang wins. We desperately need him.

No
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 97  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies