Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 03:43:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 46
Author Topic: Republican National Convention **live commentary thread**  (Read 24868 times)
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #275 on: August 24, 2020, 09:58:40 PM »

I'm sorry, did Tim Scott just positively invoke Strom Thurmond?

Go on Tim. Do John C. Calhoun next. Roll Eyes

South Carolina really has one hell of a history with Senators, doesn’t it?

Since the nation's founding, South Carolina has been the state that has caused the most problems for the US.  By a large margin.
Rand
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #276 on: August 24, 2020, 09:59:17 PM »

Mexicans rapey.
Black man scary.
Asian many virus.
Biden radical.
Trump God.
solidcoalition
Rookie
United States

« Reply #277 on: August 24, 2020, 09:59:31 PM »

When Tim Scott said “Cotton to Congress”, I must say that line hit me hard. Impressive.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #278 on: August 24, 2020, 09:59:34 PM »

Did Tim Scott just say he was the first Black Senator in the country? WTF

I think he said he was the first from South Carolina, which is true.

Could've sworn SC had a black senator or two during reconstruction
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #279 on: August 24, 2020, 10:01:12 PM »

Since the nation's founding, South Carolina has been the state that has caused the most problems for the US.  By a large margin.

South Carolina has disgraced us with John C. Calhoun, Benjamin Tillman, and Strom Thurmond, all of whom were infamous racists and white supremacists who deserve universal condemnation. Moreover, it was the state behind the Nullification Movement of the 1820s and of course, the state responsible for instigating secession from the Union. But I'd argue that Alabama and Mississippi give it a run for its money in terms of sheer racism and bigotry.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #280 on: August 24, 2020, 10:02:47 PM »

Tim Scott should run for the nomination in 2024.  I don't think he'd win, but the media would love him and it would really boost his standing in the party.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #281 on: August 24, 2020, 10:05:31 PM »

If the whole RNC is this boring, it'll be memory holed by the end of the weekend. Trump just can't control the news like he did in '16.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #282 on: August 24, 2020, 10:06:31 PM »

DNC: Biden will be the light in the darkness, and will be a President to all Americans.

RNC: DEMOCRATS ARE COMING TO KILL YOUR BABIES AND FIREBOMB YOUR HOUSES VOTE FOR GOD EMPEROR TRUMP
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #283 on: August 24, 2020, 10:08:07 PM »

South Carolina has disgraced us with John C. Calhoun, Benjamin Tillman, and Strom Thurmond, all of whom were infamous racists and white supremacists who deserve universal condemnation. Moreover, it was the state behind the Nullification Movement of the 1820s and of course, the state responsible for instigating secession from the Union. But I'd argue that Alabama and Mississippi give it a run for its money in terms of sheer racism and bigotry.

Oh, no doubt.  Few states, especially few Southern states, have had any shortage of racism and bigotry.  But South Carolina has just been especially effective at nationalizing and steering the ugliest elements of our culture.  You could argue that Lindsey Graham has continued that lamentable pattern right up to the present day.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #284 on: August 24, 2020, 10:08:56 PM »

Mississippi is probably the worst. It had the most lynchings followed by Georgia and Texas. The Carolinas were lower down on the list.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #285 on: August 24, 2020, 10:10:13 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #286 on: August 24, 2020, 10:15:12 PM »
« Edited: August 25, 2020, 10:06:38 AM by Make PA Blue Again! »

Haley and Scott are nothing but paper tigers.

There is no way either of them would beat Pence or Don Jr. in a primary. There is no hope for that party.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #287 on: August 24, 2020, 10:17:34 PM »

crying yall mad as sht right now.
Mail-order President
Dark Horse

Political Matrix
E: 0.50, S: -3.00

P P P
« Reply #288 on: August 24, 2020, 10:20:11 PM »

don't worry, a D+12 poll sample will most likely be released to placate them tomorrow.
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #289 on: August 24, 2020, 10:23:21 PM »

don't worry, a D+12 poll sample will most likely be released to placate them tomorrow.

"lose an election to own the libs" ??
Lourdes
United States

« Reply #290 on: August 24, 2020, 10:23:37 PM »

Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #291 on: August 24, 2020, 10:23:54 PM »

Sweating like dogs.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #292 on: August 24, 2020, 10:25:07 PM »

I certainly agree with what you say about South Carolina. Lindsey Graham's slavish worship of Trump has been a disgrace, and it would be a real joy if Jaime Harrison somehow defeated him in November (although I think Graham will win reelection by mid to high single digits). As for Nikki Haley and Tim Scott, they would be excellent forebears of conservatism in a Trump-free Republican Party that was aiming to expand its outreach to minority voters and moderate its positions. Unfortunately, however, Haley and Scott will find that their path forward will be blocked by the vile, reactionary elements backing people such as Tom Cotton, Matt Gaetz, Rick Scott, Donald Trump Jr., and others of that caliber.
dunceDude
United States

« Reply #293 on: August 24, 2020, 10:28:57 PM »

We all know this is you lmao
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #294 on: August 24, 2020, 10:30:07 PM »

DNC: Biden will be the light in the darkness, and will be a President to all Americans.

RNC: DEMOCRATS ARE COMING TO KILL YOUR BABIES AND FIREBOMB YOUR HOUSES VOTE FOR GOD EMPEROR TRUMP

DNC was dark!111!!11!!!
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #295 on: August 24, 2020, 10:31:27 PM »

I certainly agree with what you say about South Carolina. Lindsey Graham's slavish worship of Trump has been a disgrace, and it would be a real joy if Jaime Harrison somehow defeated him in November (although I think Graham will win reelection by mid to high single digits). As for Nikki Haley and Tim Scott, they would be excellent forebears of conservatism in a Trump-free Republican Party that was aiming to expand its outreach to minority voters and moderate its positions. Unfortunately, however, Haley and Scott will find that their path forward will be blocked by the vile, reactionary elements backing people such as Tom Cotton, Matt Gaetz, Rick Scott, Donald Trump Jr., and others of that caliber.

Honestly no Republican terrifies me more than Rick Scott. That man's entire political career defies all logic and reason and I could see him winning the presidency the same way that he has kept winning in Florida.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #296 on: August 24, 2020, 10:32:06 PM »

Honestly no Republican terrifies me more than Rick Scott. That man's entire political career defies all logic and reason and I could see him winning the presidency the same way that he has kept winning in Florida.
I agree. I agree so much with this. That man haunts my dreams.
Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #297 on: August 24, 2020, 10:35:59 PM »

How could a charming man like this be said to haunt anyone's dreams?

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #298 on: August 24, 2020, 10:37:58 PM »

How could a charming man like this be said to haunt anyone's dreams?

STOP STOP STOP

NO
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #299 on: August 24, 2020, 10:38:17 PM »

I still don't understand how he managed to defeat Bill Nelson in a Democratic midterm. At any rate, I certainly don't want him coming near the White House, either. I'm even more terrified of Tom Cotton, who is the antithesis of Tim Scott in every way. Cotton voted against the First Step Act, which Scott helped to craft, and I have no doubts that he is a racist, who despises blacks, Hispanics, and Muslims.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 46  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies