KS-GOV 2022: Colyer drops out, endorses Schmidt (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:10:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS-GOV 2022: Colyer drops out, endorses Schmidt (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KS-GOV 2022: Colyer drops out, endorses Schmidt  (Read 7410 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 21, 2020, 06:09:45 PM »

If Moran runs for Governor I'd put this race at Lean R (Tossup if Trump happens to win reelection) to start. Kansas is just too Republican, and it's a lot harder to tie Moran to Brownback than a legislative Republican, for example.

On the other hand, the Senate race could be a lot more competitive, especially if Kelly decides to abandon a reelection campaign and run for Moran's Senate seat (which is what I would do if Moran ran for Governor and I was in her shoes.)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 06:14:34 PM »

KS-GOV 2022 is Likely D regardless of who is President. Kelly will almost certainly be fine. I would not be surprised to see her win by a larger margin than 2018, even in a Biden midterm.

Yea, the most vulnerable Democratic governor in 2022 is Evers in Wisconsin, then Walz and Sisolak in Nevada. Kelly is vulnerable, but she will hold on, I think.

She'd be a good DNC chair down the road

As for Moran, he remains in the Senate

Nevada won't be competitive, even in a Biden midterm. Who are Republicans going to run, Mark Amodei?

It's Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, and Kansas as the most vulnerable Governor's mansions (and not necessarily in that order) for Democrats.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 10:29:08 PM »

Still Likely R, closer to Safe R than Lean R.

Laura Kelly is currently the most vulnerable incumbent in the country in any statewide race this cycle, and that isn't likely to change any time soon.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 12:16:18 AM »

Still Likely R, closer to Safe R than Lean R.

Laura Kelly is currently the most vulnerable incumbent in the country in any statewide race this cycle, and that isn't likely to change any time soon.

Tony Evers has entered the chat.

Evers wins unless it's an R wave, and even then, I wouldn't put Wisconsin at anything worse than Lean R.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies