KS-GOV 2022: Colyer drops out, endorses Schmidt
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:55:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KS-GOV 2022: Colyer drops out, endorses Schmidt
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: KS-GOV 2022: Colyer drops out, endorses Schmidt  (Read 7422 times)
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2022, 09:51:13 PM »

Winning chance for Laura Kelly has soared to 69% in FiveThirtyEight's deluxe model after that Echelon +12 poll (they still rate Echelon as B/C pollster though). I think that's a little too bullish. Classic and lite models even have her at 78% and 85%. That's way off as well.

Nate Bronze doesn't know s**t.

His track record is about 10 trillion times better than yours, so I don't know where you get off talking s--t.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2022, 04:56:54 AM »

Winning chance for Laura Kelly has soared to 69% in FiveThirtyEight's deluxe model after that Echelon +12 poll (they still rate Echelon as B/C pollster though). I think that's a little too bullish. Classic and lite models even have her at 78% and 85%. That's way off as well.

His track record is about 10 trillion times better than yours, so I don't know where you get off talking s--t.

By insulting SnowLabrador like that you have helped Republicans in the midterms.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #102 on: October 05, 2022, 05:33:33 PM »

By insulting SnowLabrador like that you have helped Republicans in the midterms.

He insulted SnowLabrador, yet he displayed such a confidence by posting this that he even managed to intimidate me — it almost feels like something which might as well have been directed at me. I look up to Alben, the last thing I could handle is becoming the target of one of his verbal attacks.

Alben, please don’t talk to me the way you talked to SnowLab.
BullyGirl
Rookie
United States
« Reply #103 on: January 05, 2023, 07:15:28 PM »

What went wrong for Derek Schmidt?
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2023, 07:32:59 PM »

Nothing.

A run for office against a popular incumbent governor is not likely to succeed.
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2023, 07:33:17 PM »

Democrats tied him to Sam Brownback (and that administration’s unpopular tax experiment), and Schmidt wasn’t able to effectively free himself from being associated with Brownback.
ProgressiveModerate
Atlas Icon

« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2023, 08:10:09 PM »

One thing that's really interesting is that Schmidt lost while Kobach won. This proves Kelly has pretty far-reaching crossover appeal.

Also, another underdiscussed thing is a few of the D legislative upsets, especially in Johnson County. The GOP is going to regret their state legislative gerrymander so bad when it locks them out of a supermajority.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2023, 09:48:20 PM »

One thing that's really interesting is that Schmidt lost while Kobach won. This proves Kelly has pretty far-reaching crossover appeal.

Also, another underdiscussed thing is a few of the D legislative upsets, especially in Johnson County. The GOP is going to regret their state legislative gerrymander so bad when it locks them out of a supermajority.

Exactly as I was saying, for two and a half years before the election Smiley Atlas went into full partisanship-over-everything mode after 2020, I think.

Although I have to admit I'm surprised Kobach won. I'm not sure how to explain that. Maybe it was just the general low-profile-ness of the race? Despite him running, there strangely wasn't that much media attention on it. Maybe some crossover Kelly voters voted for her and then habitually/reflexively R on the rest of the ballot without really looking closely at the names.

Even weirder, I have heard that there was at least one R internal poll that had Schmidt winning but Kobach losing.

Also, Mann outperformed Kelly in Johnson somehow. Not sure who the Schmidt-Mann voters are, but I guess they could be half-realigneds like the Fontes-Kelly-Lake voters of Arizona or something. Maybe they were 2018 Orman voters?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies