if the PRC invaded Taiwan, and Taiwan's friends did nothing but send weapons/gear/money... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:01:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  if the PRC invaded Taiwan, and Taiwan's friends did nothing but send weapons/gear/money... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Could the PRC invade Taiwan if Taiwan gets no active help from outside?
yes, the PRC could Taiwan even if everyone helped them

yes, the PRC could take Taiwan even if a Taiwan's allies half assed helped

yes, the PRC could take Taiwan if they only got material support from friends

tough to say, neither military has been tested recently

no, Taiwan can defend itself, especially if it got good toys from friends

no, Taiwan could defend itself even without any help

Dr Phil's left testicle

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: if the PRC invaded Taiwan, and Taiwan's friends did nothing but send weapons/gear/money...  (Read 1780 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« on: August 25, 2020, 01:32:30 PM »

dead0 you never gave your own thoughts?
I (usually) don't like to give my opinion on my polls until other people have had an opportunity to give theirs.  Don't want to influence votes for or against because of my position and/or I don't want to poison the well.

I don't think the PRC could, even if Japan,S.Korea, US, the Aussies, etc stayed out.  It's just too much to ask for a 100% inexperienced military.  Having all the bodies in the world doesn't matter if you can't get them across the straight and resupply them once there.  They can't prevent Taiwan from getting resupplied and new, top of the line gear....what are they going to do, sink US cargo ships?  The PRC's economy would go to sh**t the moment they start.  Just too many hurdles to ...umm...hurdle.

What US cargo ships? The goddamned Marshall Islands have a merchant marine eight times the size of ours. All of our merchant marine is too busy sucking tit from overpriced government contracts and protected Jones Act routes to ever consider making a trip to Asia, even in peacetime.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies