if the PRC invaded Taiwan, and Taiwan's friends did nothing but send weapons/gear/money... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:07:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  if the PRC invaded Taiwan, and Taiwan's friends did nothing but send weapons/gear/money... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Could the PRC invade Taiwan if Taiwan gets no active help from outside?
yes, the PRC could Taiwan even if everyone helped them

yes, the PRC could take Taiwan even if a Taiwan's allies half assed helped

yes, the PRC could take Taiwan if they only got material support from friends

tough to say, neither military has been tested recently

no, Taiwan can defend itself, especially if it got good toys from friends

no, Taiwan could defend itself even without any help

Dr Phil's left testicle

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 30

Author Topic: if the PRC invaded Taiwan, and Taiwan's friends did nothing but send weapons/gear/money...  (Read 1783 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: August 21, 2020, 11:41:06 AM »

Very interesting articles, dead0man. I'm far from being qualified enough to have these arguments interact with each other, however. I note that one of the "anti-China" articles is from 2014 and the other is very short and does not go very in-depth. The latter article, on China's youth, has me thinking about purchasing a standing desk.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 08:04:10 AM »

This would surely start a World War.

Doesn't that depend on there being a worldwide system of alliances that the PRC can call upon?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 08:53:57 AM »

This would surely start a World War.

Doesn't that depend on there being a worldwide system of alliances that the PRC can call upon?
to be fair, the entire world against China would still be a "world war"

unless, maybe, nah...couldn't be.....UNLESS! he thinks world powers like Cuba, Venezuela and Syria would join in and bring in their powerful armies and totally tilt the game in favor of the Red Chinese.

In a situation where India gets involved--which doesn't totally make sense for a variety of reasons--I can see Pakistan joining the fray, but Russia's interests do not appear served at all by coming to China's aid when the bulk of its population, defense needs, and strategic aims are on the other side of the continent; and, so far as I am aware, they are partners, not allies.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies