NPC Elections - Commentary Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:39:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NPC Elections - Commentary Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NPC Elections - Commentary Thread  (Read 4918 times)
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« on: August 25, 2020, 05:19:27 AM »

I wanted to point a couple of things out now that we have our first GM update since the alert system was introduced. I've already made clear how I think that any party accusing another of wanting to 'unleash' covid is a disgusting attack, this isn't a partisan issue and frankly if people are actually as serious about campaign ethics as they claim they are, that ad should have been taken down days ago. But I also think that the attacks are completely wrong on the substance and the GM update gives us some numbers to work with to make the case.

The only state or territory which is below both quantitative thresholds for alert level 1 (.5% or less of tests coming back positive, 1% or less hospital capacity used by covid patients) and would therefore have loosened restrictions and social distancing guidelines is Atlasian Samoa, with Hawaii, Guam, Mariana Islands, Delaware, Maine and Vermont close to reseaching to alert level 1 if favourable trends in those states continue and if they meet some of the less easily measurable criteria such as no community transmission.

Presumably, we need to have a threshold where it is safe to loosen restrictions and the thresholds that the President set out seem to me like the most reasonable plan to do that. I haven't seen a compelling reason why this plan is dangerous or even where the people talking about how dangerous this plan is would prefer to set the thresholds for loosening restrictions.

Which lives are you willing to risk dying to re-open schools and the economy? Please, point them out.

The ad sent the message home and you are pointing out the very inaction of the government to address COVID hotspots, thereby allowing COVID to continue to spread.

Atlasia needs leadership, not platitudes.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 05:26:13 AM »

The ad had the intended effect. People are still talking about it and it's brought the issue of Atlasia's COVID response to the forefront.
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 06:13:25 AM »

Atlasia's response to COVID has been quite a good one. We are doing fine. If anything the only aspect where we are doing bad is in taking too long to implement a mask mandate but that is it. (I imagine a mask mandate is already in place at many stores even if it is not mandatory)

The latest map doesn't seem like we're anywhere close to "doing fine". Better than real life, yes, yet I wouldn't call it "doing fine".
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies