NPC Elections - Commentary Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:09:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NPC Elections - Commentary Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NPC Elections - Commentary Thread  (Read 4949 times)
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« on: August 25, 2020, 05:24:49 AM »

The DA's Southern delegate voted for looser social distancing than the federal standards, which is why the administration has to step in and enforce our tough, safe standards over the regional ones.
Call me by my name. You know this is a bogus attack, Pericles. I initially authored a version that was even stricter than your guidelines (which you also criticized) but those were shot down by Labor AND Federalist delegates. As I've stated before, I only voted for the final version because I believed we needed to give the schools some sort of guidelines since it wasn't clear how enforceable your statement was - this was better than nothing at all, no restrictions.

We spoke on this three days ago where I privately reached out to you and expressed my displeasure with the Chamber taking a looser approach. I also encouraged you to take federal action via Executive Order to give teeth to your previous statement, which I haven't seen yet. You have ability to step in and do something here, you should do that instead of trying to attack me.

I have a partner who works in education so I may have some helpful insight. I'm not sure the cause of the dispute but I'm happy to volunteer some on the ground knowledge to all regions of government and ensure that we can operate safely and provide our young with the education they deserve. The beauty of representative democracy is collaboration, as I trust all parties have the best intentions.
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 05:28:59 AM »

The ad had the intended effect. People are still talking about it and it's brought the issue of Atlasia's COVID response to the forefront.
I haven't even seen the ad, to be honest, but criticism of the President's guidelines are unsubstantiated. How that may have trickled down is a different story and I'm willing to work to resolve it but we have been very lucky to have been able to stifle the worst possibilities of this crisis and only by working together can we strengthen our response. As far as I'm concerned, it's all hands on deck. It's not a partisan issue.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies