NPC Elections - Commentary Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:13:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NPC Elections - Commentary Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NPC Elections - Commentary Thread  (Read 4910 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: August 25, 2020, 05:21:10 AM »

Just as a note, this is not me speaking in moderator capacity as in game controversy should be settled in game not outsourced to mods.

That being said, I agree with Thumb in part. We should not be weaponizing covid as a political attack, in my speech in Miami, which I am sure everyone read (Tongue), I talked about the importance of working with the President to address the ongoing crisis. Now I have a better relationship with Pericles then most anyone else not in Labor so perhaps it is easier for me to say that and I can understand why people aren't fond of the President.

Now I do think it is valid to criticize specific responses to a particular issue including covid and offer up alternative solutions but there is a vast difference between that and saying that someone is unleashing covid upon the people.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 05:32:47 AM »

Atlasia's response to COVID has been quite a good one. We are doing fine. If anything the only aspect where we are doing bad is in taking too long to implement a mask mandate but that is it. (I imagine a mask mandate is already in place at many stores even if it is not mandatory)

Perhaps it might be best while we sort through legalities to reach out to the Governors and try to get something done in the regions. They are less encumbered to address and enforce that and could actually move quicker depending on the situation and level of support then we can.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2020, 05:04:56 PM »

MEDICAID HASN'T EXISTED SINCE 2017!!!!!!

Section 1: Transition for Medicare and Medicaid
1. Recipients of Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program will be transitioned over in an orderly fashion, administered by the H&HS Sub-Department, into AtlasCare program, with their premiums, co-pays and deductibles subsidized 100%, under the premium subsidy established and paid for in Part 1, Section 2.3. All those who were eligible for the expansion of these programs under the ACA, will be eligible for this provision regardless of whether the state or Region took the voluntary expansions or not.

Everyone who was in Medicaid was automatically enrolled in AtlasCare with their expenses covered, including those eligible for the Medicaid expansion living in states that didn't take the expansion.

STATE'S CANNOT REGULATE THE EXCHANGES!!!!
Regions can under Federal Guidance
2. Three new exchanges will be created and administered by the Health & Human Services (H&HS) Sub-Department, within the Department of Internal Affairs, with jurisdictions matching those of the three Regions. The H&HS Sub-Department will coordinate with regional officials during the setup and implementation process, and hand over administration and regulation of the new exchanges on January 1, 2018, to the respective Regional Government

STATES CANNOT REGULATE A FEDERALLY CREATED PUBLIC OPTION AND A FEDERALLY CREATED SUBSIDY

e. The subsidy will be paid for using the existing revenues for the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid and Medicare. The Medicare Payroll Tax will be renamed the Health Care Payroll Tax and increased from 1.45% to 2.50% on employees and employers, for a total of 5%.

f. The subsidy shall be administered with the H&HS Sub-Department by the newly created Healthcare Subsidy Office (HSO).

Section 1: Relationship with the Exchanges
1. AtlasCare shall be a federally administered, market competing public health insurance option, operated by the newly created AtlasCare Office (ACO) within sub-department of H&HS, within the Department of Internal Affairs.

IF A REGION FAILS TO ACT THIS HAPPENS
5. Should a region’s legislature fail to act by the above date, the H&HS Sub-Department will continue to administer the exchange until such time as the Regional Government is able to assume control.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2020, 11:08:21 PM »

Truman railing against Eastern Imperialists. What is this, the 1940s? I have come to warn you, 2020 is going to be..... "just amazing"!

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 06:31:56 PM »

Lyin Labor continues in their quest to make real a fictitious alternative reality that does not exist in Atlasia. In September it was trying to claim we were out to service the interests of the banking class, even though it was a Federalist (myself) who authored and a then Federalist President (DFW) that signed into law the restoration of Glass Steagal.

Now it seems that the object of this has moved on from that to distorting our records on matters of racial equality and climate change. 

The Federalist Party does not contest the existence of climate change, nor even the existence of human induced climate change. What the Federalist Party does contest is the enthroning of Silicon Valley Tech executives as the next generation of oil sheiks or the crippling of middle and working class people by sapping their disposable income, while offering some "token measures" to say "we helped" after the fact. Fhtagn instituted the Carbon Tax as President, I helped worked out a compromise with then Laborite AZ To boost the Gas tax and push money into both highways and alternative energy research. Labor on the other has continually put the cart before the horse, banning and reducing oil production first, before the alternatives can be procured and produced at lower costs, thereby unintentionally triggering the first concern and leaving the rest to fall into place later.

Yes fracking has its problems, but cheap natural gas from fracking is what has nearly eliminated coal burning power plants in many parts of this country, while at the same time keeping power bills low, facilitating the ability of manufacturing and small business to remain able to hire more workers then would be possible if their energy costs skyrocketed.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 06:35:28 PM »

They are insensitive and hurtful towards racial minorities
Deadprez is black and I think the only black person in the game and he's on the House slate.
Cao is Malaysian and is on their house slate.

So?
As far as I know, there have been no racist comments by any feds and nobody said anything about it and the Feds are inclusive towards racial minorities.

A Fed Representative literally introduced a bill to end recognition of hate crimes, try harder.

And it got 1 vote.

Voting has ended.

By a vote of 1-5-0-3, this bill fails to pass.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 07:06:07 PM »

Deadprez is black and I think the only black person in the game and he's on the House slate.

So by that logic, the Republican Party isn't a racist party either? Just saying it's poor logic, find a better argument. Though it is also weird that you like to defend the right-wingers so much.

Lets just go over the differences because you guys seem to be confused.

Leadership
1. The Republican Party is led by a narcissistic, and amoral con-artist.

2. I have led the Federalist Party for the past six and a half years. Too long to be taken for more of a fool than I am.

Commitment to the Constitution.
1. The Republican Party has repeatedly subverted its own principles for power, greed and hypocrisy.

2. The Federalist Party's commitment to the constitution, the bill of rights, the independent judiciary, and opposition to arbitrary law has and will remain firm.

Relationship to Donors
1. The Republican Party is beholden to a donor class that often has them doubling over backwards to try and appease their demands

2. There are no donors in atlasia so principles matter more

Insistence on Conformity
1. The Republican Party has its members operating with a gun at their backs by pressure groups, think tanks, donors and various other nefarious groups.

2. The Federalist Party respects differences in strategy, opinion and tactics and unites around general agreement of principles.

Areas of Agreement
1. The Only thing that Republicans agree on is tax cuts to nowhere and dismantling anything that a particular donor can get its hands on.

2.The Federalist Party generally agrees across the board on strengthening lower levels of government instead of higher ones, protecting the bill of rights, preserving checks and balances, restoring and promoting the economic health of main street not stealing its juices to power either Wall Street fat cats or Washington Bureaucrats, and reforming and improving the education system.

Approaches to Health Care
1. The Republican Party's approach to health care was "we will repeal your health care now, and maybe replace it later with something else that may or may not be outright garbage".

2. The Federalist Party has and is committed to maintaining access to health care for those who need it and worked with Labor to reform the system, establish a sliding scale subsidy and a market competing public option.

Approaches to Education
1. The Republican Party's approach to education is merely returning power to the states and dismantling public sector education in favor of unregulated grifters and diploma mills.

2. The Federalist Party supports local control of education, regulated alternatives for school choice and reform of the public education system rather than pretending that everyone can go to private school.

Approach to Covid 19
1. The Republican Party under the leadership of Donald Trump failed the country in the middle of a crisis, undermined mask wearing to curry favor with people's inconvenience rather than appealing to duty and patriotism.

2. The Federalist Party has worked with Labor in Congress to pass numerous Covid relief bills, I praised your leadership on handling the virus, and I voted for a Federal Mask Mandate myself. While I understand people not wanting to enact that Federally, I erred on it being a national security matter that transcends borders and thus a matter of federal responsibility. I am not aware of any statements attacking or mocking mask use (like Trump did) and if there are I strongly condemn them and urge them to reconsider such foolish statements.

Civil Rights and Liberties
1. The Republican Party has a selective record of protecting civil rights and liberties from government excess and subverting both in the name of law in order, benefiting the donor class and/or electoral interest.

2. The Federalist Party opposes arbitrary law, and supports the expansions of civil rights and civil liberties to all equally under the law. The Federalist Party stood up for equal access to the game and our checks and balances, while Labor hugged to death a radical reductionist and dissolutionist cabal to achieve power for nearly a year before they turned on each other in 2014. A Federalist President and a Federalist Congress passed a bipartisan LGBTQ rights bill in 2016, Federalists repealed numerous laws violating the Bill of Rights or intruded Gov't into matters of privacy and personal choice in 2017 and 2018. We legalized weed in the South in either 2016 or 2017 if memory serves me and have supported efforts to scale back and end the family destroying and minority crippling war on drugs. Our record will never be as extensive as Labor's because we generally aren't fond of invoking Federal Power, but our record here is strong.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 07:23:29 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2020, 07:26:42 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

Seeing Yankee say Lyin labor feels weird as that is something that LT would say, not Yankee

I don't know which is more insulting, them pretending that I am Donald Trump or thinking that I am some irrelevant after thought for a largely Trumpian Party.

The Federalist Party has always had a populist element to it and our success has been balancing those interests with those of libertarians to make a successful and responsible, big tent right of center party. I realize they are just singling out one to attack the whole, but I refuse to allow the Federalist Party's reputation and record to be tarnished so that Labor can live out its wet dreams of running against Donald Trump in Atlasia. Keep the wet dreams in the bedroom, and lets stick to reality here in atlasia.

If you want a dystopia alt reality, the General Discussion Board and 2020/2024 boards are just down the hall. If you want a game that people enjoy playing, why make it just another iteration of the rl hell.

I will also say that the extent to which people are disengaged from our history in game because of discordification and arms length engagement, is a danger that threatens to subvert the whole game into the darkness and I prefer to fight back against and oppose this erasing of history from the collective memory. The Federalist Party should be damn proud of its history, to get through 2015 and its collapse without surrendering its principles and emerging the other side as the dominant governing party for two years running should illustrate the value of fortitude and determination.

I don't know if you guys may have noticed, but I am one determined sob when it comes to things I care about and to imply otherwise is personal to me.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 07:25:01 PM »

So by that logic, the Republican Party isn't a racist party either? Just saying it's poor logic, find a better argument. Though it is also weird that you like to defend the right-wingers so much.

snip

You didn't need to type all that out, I just was saying that Ishan's logic was flawed, not wading into the actual argument. I'm sure you'll agree that you can reach the right view with the wrong logic.

Naturally, but I would be a naive moron not to seize control of the narrative regarding my own party.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2020, 07:35:09 PM »

If you haven't noticed my posts on the rest of the forum, I have been pissed for over a month and that has only gotten worse as the post election stupidity drags on.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies