NPC Elections - Commentary Thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:45:39 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NPC Elections - Commentary Thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NPC Elections - Commentary Thread  (Read 4911 times)
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« on: August 20, 2020, 03:26:38 PM »

Oklahoma Mailer & Billboards

Sent to Oklahoma voters and seen on billboards throughout Oklahoma.

The reverse has information on the local and statewide Democratic Alliance candidates as well as a promise to create and enforce COVID protections in schools.

Disgusting.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 03:48:07 PM »

Oklahoma Mailer & Billboards

snip

Sent to Oklahoma voters and seen on billboards throughout Oklahoma.

The reverse has information on the local and statewide Democratic Alliance candidates as well as a promise to create and enforce COVID protections in schools.

Disgusting.
People in Your Party called the Greens "Marxist", why don't you say "Disgusting." to that.
Your leader called the Democratic Alliance "Bastards", why don't you say "Disgusting" to that.

Oh Yeah, because it's Labor and it gets a double standard and you probably won't give two s**ts about this post.

Coronavirus isn't a partisan issue at all, many friends and colleages from the DA, Labor and the Federalist Party have worked hard to get us through this. I put a lot of time into writing bills and amending bills trying to make sure there was adequate PPE, funding, hazard pay for essential workers, stimulus checks to help people follow guidelines when I was in congress, so I take it very personally when someone tells me that Labor doesn't take coronavirus seriously, I know it isn't true and I'd never say such a thing about any other party.

I'd agree that people shouldn't call DA bastards, but its really not comparable to saying that someone doesn't care about a deadly pandemic, which has killed so many people and affected all our lives.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 05:10:38 AM »
« Edited: August 25, 2020, 05:19:32 AM by thumb21 »

I wanted to point a couple of things out now that we have our first GM update since the alert system was introduced. I've already made clear how I think that any party accusing another of wanting to 'unleash' covid is a disgusting attack, this isn't a partisan issue and frankly if people are actually as serious about campaign ethics as they claim they are, that ad should have been taken down days ago. But I also think that the attacks are completely wrong on the substance and the GM update gives us some numbers to work with.

The only state or territory which is below both quantitative thresholds for alert level 1 (.5% or less of tests coming back positive, 1% or less hospital capacity used by covid patients) and would therefore have loosened restrictions and social distancing guidelines is Atlasian Samoa, with Hawaii, Guam, Mariana Islands, Delaware, Maine and Vermont close to reseaching to alert level 1 if favourable trends in those states continue and if they meet some of the less easily measurable criteria such as no community transmission.

Presumably, we need to have a threshold where it is safe to loosen restrictions and the thresholds that the President set out seem to me like the most reasonable plan to do that. I haven't seen a compelling reason why this plan is dangerous or even where the people talking about how dangerous this plan is would prefer to set the thresholds for loosening restrictions. I think that how to deal with this difficult problem should be discussed in a constructive way, rather than through campaign ads.
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 05:30:17 AM »

I wanted to point a couple of things out now that we have our first GM update since the alert system was introduced. I've already made clear how I think that any party accusing another of wanting to 'unleash' covid is a disgusting attack, this isn't a partisan issue and frankly if people are actually as serious about campaign ethics as they claim they are, that ad should have been taken down days ago. But I also think that the attacks are completely wrong on the substance and the GM update gives us some numbers to work with to make the case.

The only state or territory which is below both quantitative thresholds for alert level 1 (.5% or less of tests coming back positive, 1% or less hospital capacity used by covid patients) and would therefore have loosened restrictions and social distancing guidelines is Atlasian Samoa, with Hawaii, Guam, Mariana Islands, Delaware, Maine and Vermont close to reseaching to alert level 1 if favourable trends in those states continue and if they meet some of the less easily measurable criteria such as no community transmission.

Presumably, we need to have a threshold where it is safe to loosen restrictions and the thresholds that the President set out seem to me like the most reasonable plan to do that. I haven't seen a compelling reason why this plan is dangerous or even where the people talking about how dangerous this plan is would prefer to set the thresholds for loosening restrictions.

Which lives are you willing to risk dying to re-open schools and the economy? Please, point them out.

The ad sent the message home and you are pointing out the very inaction of the government to address COVID hotspots, thereby allowing COVID to continue to spread.

Atlasia needs leadership, not platitudes.

What is the actual policy that you are proposing? Presumably there is a point at which schools should be re-opened, should that happen at 0.25% of tests positive? 0.5% of hospital capacity used by covid patients, 0.1%? If you have an issue with the policy, thats fair, I just want to hear where you would set the threshold at which you want to start re-opening.

This isn't an easy issue to solve for anyone and I wish you'd recognise that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies