NPC Elections - Commentary Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:38:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NPC Elections - Commentary Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8
Author Topic: NPC Elections - Commentary Thread  (Read 4901 times)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: November 24, 2020, 11:04:12 PM »

The fact is that every true Nebraskan knows there are two choices in this election. The Labor party is the party of the farmers and self-government; the opposition is the party of centralism and Eastern interests.

There are a number of so-called conservative carpetbaggers who have come out here in recent days expecting easy votes. Well, they are about to find out that Nebraskans have more sense than to be taken in by a lot of Eastern imperialists.

Poirot was the only one who campaigned in Nebraska other then you and he isn't a centralist by any means.

Scott and I would like a word.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #76 on: November 24, 2020, 11:05:14 PM »

The fact is that every true Nebraskan knows there are two choices in this election. The Labor party is the party of the farmers and self-government; the opposition is the party of centralism and Eastern interests.

There are a number of so-called conservative carpetbaggers who have come out here in recent days expecting easy votes. Well, they are about to find out that Nebraskans have more sense than to be taken in by a lot of Eastern imperialists.

Poirot was the only one who campaigned in Nebraska other then you and he isn't a centralist by any means.

Scott and I would like a word.
Both of you too I know now, but my point is, Poirot isn't a centralist.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #77 on: November 24, 2020, 11:08:21 PM »

Truman railing against Eastern Imperialists. What is this, the 1940s? I have come to warn you, 2020 is going to be..... "just amazing"!

GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2020, 12:05:24 AM »

Poirot had a conservative voting record in the House so Truman isn't wrong. Honestly I'm sick of this Poirot worship, just because he runs a lot doesn't mean he should win.

and labor directed their voters to support him. Why are you complaining when you got him there in the first place?
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2020, 12:07:25 AM »

Poirot had a conservative voting record in the House so Truman isn't wrong. Honestly I'm sick of this Poirot worship, just because he runs a lot doesn't mean he should win.

and labor directed their voters to support him. Why are you complaining when you got him there in the first place?

Shame you didn't apply your "people are immune from criticism once you vote for them" standard to me.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2020, 12:09:45 AM »

A decent amount of votes are from older people in game who are friends with him which include your former running mate.

Nobody worships him, there is a more likely chance that people worship Labor.

Centralism according to  Merriam Webster is "the concentration of power and control in the central authority of an organization". Poirot doesn't support that and historically, he was targeted by centralists/radicals like Al Realpolitik.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2020, 12:16:50 AM »

Lol

If you want go to Nebraska and call him out. Though I suspect low-quality three-line campaigning won't do as much when you don't have a homestate advantage.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2020, 12:19:35 AM »

Lol

If you want go to Nebraska and call him out. Though I suspect low-quality three-line campaigning won't do as much when you don't have a homestate advantage.
This is a commentary thread and things like this is the purpose
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2020, 12:40:38 AM »

Shame you didn't apply your "people are immune from criticism once you vote for them" standard to me.

I was responding to the "just because he runs a lot doesn't mean he should win" comment. If you thought that, you would've had laborites vote for someone else.

I also didn't vote for you in your last election. I voted HCP.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2020, 02:34:21 AM »
« Edited: November 25, 2020, 02:57:06 AM by Pericles »

I was responding to the "just because he runs a lot doesn't mean he should win" comment. If you thought that, you would've had laborites vote for someone else.

I also didn't vote for you in your last election. I voted HCP.

I usually see it as the final round is all that matters.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2020, 09:46:15 PM »

Yes!
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2020, 12:30:37 AM »

A decent amount of votes are from older people in game who are friends with him which include your former running mate.

Centralism according to  Merriam Webster is "the concentration of power and control in the central authority of an organization". Poirot doesn't support that and historically, he was targeted by centralists/radicals like Al Realpolitik.

It also can refer to the political center, i.e. a layman's term to describe one who supports milquetoast policies.  I doubt anyone in Nebraska gives a hoot about your dictionary citations.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2020, 12:40:51 AM »
« Edited: November 26, 2020, 12:43:59 AM by Councilor Ishan »

It also can refer to the political center, i.e. a layman's term to describe one who supports milquetoast policies.  I doubt anyone in Nebraska gives a hoot about your dictionary citations.
Poirot supports single payer nationally something most of the left which a run of a mill centrist doesn't support and holds many leftist positions as well so he isn't a generic centrist.

I agree with much of the response about what centralist but centralist in this game means more power to the federal government, not the regional governments.

After today (today morning), I'm moving on from this issue.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2020, 12:45:36 AM »

Poirot supports single payer nationally something most of the left which a run of a mill centrist doesn't support and holds many leftist positions as well so he isn't a generic centrist.

I agree with much of the response about what centralist but centralist in this game means more power to the federal government, not the regional governments.

After today (today morning), I'm moving on from this issue.
Wait, you can actually talk about policy?

Funny, I couldn't tell that from your NPC campaigns. Maybe try discussing policy there instead of here, where it doesn't count.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2020, 11:32:11 PM »

Ah yes, Planned Parenthood, the #1 abortion clinic in the beautiful city of Chicago, Michigan.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2020, 11:37:23 PM »

Ah yes, Planned Parenthood, the #1 abortion clinic in the beautiful city of Chicago, Michigan.

Well it is hard to find pictures that aren't Getty images/watermarked, so you have to do with what you have.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2020, 11:38:19 PM »

Well it is hard to find pictures that aren't Getty images/watermarked, so you have to do with what you have.
I don't know, use the official logo of planned parenthood
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2020, 11:41:56 PM »

Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2020, 01:34:15 AM »

He's clearly never going to need to use them.

KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2020, 02:49:25 AM »

[snip]

I mean, of course not. Unless he's looking for birth control or hormone replacement therapy, I don't know what use Planned Parenthood would be for him.
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2020, 03:09:03 AM »

[snip]

I mean, of course not. Unless he's looking for birth control or hormone replacement therapy, I don't know what use Planned Parenthood would be for him.

It was an incel joke...
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2020, 03:09:58 AM »

[snip]

It was an incel joke...

We're all incels.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #97 on: December 01, 2020, 05:21:07 PM »

Source: Nevada Republican Club
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: December 01, 2020, 09:04:59 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2020, 10:03:05 PM by Oregon Blue Dog »

As is tradition now, here's the new batch of counties for the county map. Just one more round of elections till this bad boy is finished.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2020, 09:11:13 PM »

DA Plurality and Liberal majority are almost the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies