NPC Elections - Commentary Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 07:29:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NPC Elections - Commentary Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: NPC Elections - Commentary Thread  (Read 4917 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: December 15, 2020, 07:06:07 PM »

They are insensitive and hurtful towards racial minorities
Deadprez is black and I think the only black person in the game and he's on the House slate.
Cao is Malaysian and is on their house slate.

So by that logic, the Republican Party isn't a racist party either? Just saying it's poor logic, find a better argument. Though it is also weird that you like to defend the right-wingers so much.

Lets just go over the differences because you guys seem to be confused.

Leadership
1. The Republican Party is led by a narcissistic, and amoral con-artist.

2. I have led the Federalist Party for the past six and a half years. Too long to be taken for more of a fool than I am.

Commitment to the Constitution.
1. The Republican Party has repeatedly subverted its own principles for power, greed and hypocrisy.

2. The Federalist Party's commitment to the constitution, the bill of rights, the independent judiciary, and opposition to arbitrary law has and will remain firm.

Relationship to Donors
1. The Republican Party is beholden to a donor class that often has them doubling over backwards to try and appease their demands

2. There are no donors in atlasia so principles matter more

Insistence on Conformity
1. The Republican Party has its members operating with a gun at their backs by pressure groups, think tanks, donors and various other nefarious groups.

2. The Federalist Party respects differences in strategy, opinion and tactics and unites around general agreement of principles.

Areas of Agreement
1. The Only thing that Republicans agree on is tax cuts to nowhere and dismantling anything that a particular donor can get its hands on.

2.The Federalist Party generally agrees across the board on strengthening lower levels of government instead of higher ones, protecting the bill of rights, preserving checks and balances, restoring and promoting the economic health of main street not stealing its juices to power either Wall Street fat cats or Washington Bureaucrats, and reforming and improving the education system.

Approaches to Health Care
1. The Republican Party's approach to health care was "we will repeal your health care now, and maybe replace it later with something else that may or may not be outright garbage".

2. The Federalist Party has and is committed to maintaining access to health care for those who need it and worked with Labor to reform the system, establish a sliding scale subsidy and a market competing public option.

Approaches to Education
1. The Republican Party's approach to education is merely returning power to the states and dismantling public sector education in favor of unregulated grifters and diploma mills.

2. The Federalist Party supports local control of education, regulated alternatives for school choice and reform of the public education system rather than pretending that everyone can go to private school.

Approach to Covid 19
1. The Republican Party under the leadership of Donald Trump failed the country in the middle of a crisis, undermined mask wearing to curry favor with people's inconvenience rather than appealing to duty and patriotism.

2. The Federalist Party has worked with Labor in Congress to pass numerous Covid relief bills, I praised your leadership on handling the virus, and I voted for a Federal Mask Mandate myself. While I understand people not wanting to enact that Federally, I erred on it being a national security matter that transcends borders and thus a matter of federal responsibility. I am not aware of any statements attacking or mocking mask use (like Trump did) and if there are I strongly condemn them and urge them to reconsider such foolish statements.

Civil Rights and Liberties
1. The Republican Party has a selective record of protecting civil rights and liberties from government excess and subverting both in the name of law in order, benefiting the donor class and/or electoral interest.

2. The Federalist Party opposes arbitrary law, and supports the expansions of civil rights and civil liberties to all equally under the law. The Federalist Party stood up for equal access to the game and our checks and balances, while Labor hugged to death a radical reductionist and dissolutionist cabal to achieve power for nearly a year before they turned on each other in 2014. A Federalist President and a Federalist Congress passed a bipartisan LGBTQ rights bill in 2016, Federalists repealed numerous laws violating the Bill of Rights or intruded Gov't into matters of privacy and personal choice in 2017 and 2018. We legalized weed in the South in either 2016 or 2017 if memory serves me and have supported efforts to scale back and end the family destroying and minority crippling war on drugs. Our record will never be as extensive as Labor's because we generally aren't fond of invoking Federal Power, but our record here is strong.

Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #126 on: December 15, 2020, 07:09:32 PM »

Seeing Yankee say Lyin labor feels weird as that is something that LT would say, not Yankee
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #127 on: December 15, 2020, 07:14:18 PM »

Seeing Yankee say Lyin labor feels weird as that is something that LT would say, not Yankee
Yankee is pissed
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: December 15, 2020, 07:18:10 PM »

Deadprez is black and I think the only black person in the game and he's on the House slate.

So by that logic, the Republican Party isn't a racist party either? Just saying it's poor logic, find a better argument. Though it is also weird that you like to defend the right-wingers so much.

snip

You didn't need to type all that out, I just was saying that Ishan's logic was flawed, not wading into the actual argument. I'm sure you'll agree that you can reach the right view with the wrong logic.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #129 on: December 15, 2020, 07:21:58 PM »

😳
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #130 on: December 15, 2020, 07:23:29 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2020, 07:26:42 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I don't know which is more insulting, them pretending that I am Donald Trump or thinking that I am some irrelevant after thought for a largely Trumpian Party.

The Federalist Party has always had a populist element to it and our success has been balancing those interests with those of libertarians to make a successful and responsible, big tent right of center party. I realize they are just singling out one to attack the whole, but I refuse to allow the Federalist Party's reputation and record to be tarnished so that Labor can live out its wet dreams of running against Donald Trump in Atlasia. Keep the wet dreams in the bedroom, and lets stick to reality here in atlasia.

If you want a dystopia alt reality, the General Discussion Board and 2020/2024 boards are just down the hall. If you want a game that people enjoy playing, why make it just another iteration of the rl hell.

I will also say that the extent to which people are disengaged from our history in game because of discordification and arms length engagement, is a danger that threatens to subvert the whole game into the darkness and I prefer to fight back against and oppose this erasing of history from the collective memory. The Federalist Party should be damn proud of its history, to get through 2015 and its collapse without surrendering its principles and emerging the other side as the dominant governing party for two years running should illustrate the value of fortitude and determination.

I don't know if you guys may have noticed, but I am one determined sob when it comes to things I care about and to imply otherwise is personal to me.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #131 on: December 15, 2020, 07:25:01 PM »

snip

You didn't need to type all that out, I just was saying that Ishan's logic was flawed, not wading into the actual argument. I'm sure you'll agree that you can reach the right view with the wrong logic.

Naturally, but I would be a naive moron not to seize control of the narrative regarding my own party.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2020, 07:35:09 PM »

If you haven't noticed my posts on the rest of the forum, I have been pissed for over a month and that has only gotten worse as the post election stupidity drags on.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2020, 07:46:06 PM »

Amanda got one hell of a response.
Amanda Huggenkiss
amanda dermichknutscht

« Reply #134 on: December 16, 2020, 01:10:00 AM »

Amanda got one hell of a response.

Hey, I'm not complaining. There might be no honeymoon period for me as a new player, but at least everyone knows now that I've joined the game, so that's a plus. Smiley
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2020, 11:20:57 PM »

On the Cao-Dave ad, it stipulates that Cao approved the message, but I haven't seen confirmation on that. Is it actually true that Cao approves that message?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2020, 11:24:29 PM »

On the Cao-Dave ad, it stipulates that Cao approved the message, but I haven't seen confirmation on that. Is it actually true that Cao approves that message?
Judging by the fact that Cao posted the same ad word-for-word on his office thread, I'd say yes.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2020, 11:30:59 PM »

I don't know why he would associate with the party of bogeyman and disrespect.

It seems like the ad I mentioned in October:
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=401620.msg7672825#msg7672825
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #138 on: December 23, 2020, 12:51:26 PM »

Labor:
They want you to believe that Lincoln Labor is the party of jackbooted thugs, they want you to believe anybody who opposes their policy is a fascist.
Also Labor:
we are facing an onslaught of fascism and white supremacist policies from the opposition.  They want to undo everything that Dr. King and Pastor Warnock have fought for here in Atlanta and nationwide.  They're talking about checkpoints all over this city... all over this state... all over the country.  Checkpoints to make us show our papers to prove who is worthy of proceeding un-harassed.  It wasn't that long ago that people like this wanted to turn on the hoses and unleash the dogs! 

Labor's Georgia campaign is the most vile campaign I've ever seen in NPC elections.
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2020, 06:25:13 PM »

Labor:
They want you to believe that Lincoln Labor is the party of jackbooted thugs, they want you to believe anybody who opposes their policy is a fascist.
Also Labor:
we are facing an onslaught of fascism and white supremacist policies from the opposition.  They want to undo everything that Dr. King and Pastor Warnock have fought for here in Atlanta and nationwide.  They're talking about checkpoints all over this city... all over this state... all over the country.  Checkpoints to make us show our papers to prove who is worthy of proceeding un-harassed.  It wasn't that long ago that people like this wanted to turn on the hoses and unleash the dogs! 

Labor's Georgia campaign is the most vile campaign I've ever seen in NPC elections.

Almost like real life or something...

It's hardly vile to point out your opponent dabbles in fascist tendencies.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #140 on: December 23, 2020, 06:34:07 PM »

Ya I'm not gonna defend the use of the phrase "Fascist Feds."
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #141 on: December 23, 2020, 11:06:34 PM »

I wasn't aware we could use quotes from the commentary thread for campaigning?
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #142 on: December 23, 2020, 11:30:09 PM »

I wasn't aware we could use quotes from the commentary thread for campaigning?
Well, I wasn't aware of any rule against it.

Either way you doubled down on your bs
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #143 on: December 24, 2020, 12:05:20 AM »

Lincoln Labor Advertisement: "Together"

[1]

It was the railroad that connected this country

(cuts to transcontinental railroad, steam engines coming into a station)

It was the trains that connected this country from sea to shining sea. It brought us together, and defined the lives of thousands.

Today the world is changing faster than ever.

(cuts to jet planes, bullet trains, and a time-lapse of a skyscraper being built)

Unfortunately, people are being left behind. Businesses shuttering, kids moving out, and no future in sight.

(cuts to abandoned storefronts, empty towns)

Together we change this. Lincoln Labor and KaiserDave are fighting to sew this country together with a massive new rail project. Bringing light to forgotten Atlasia, and connecting small towns to major hubs. Carving a new path to prosperity.

(Cuts to KaiserDave walking, and talking with workers, meeting with Governor R2D2 and Chancellor S019)

Lincoln Labor is fighting for you, and we won't stop

(Modern train drives towards the camera as the ad fades to the Labor logo)

Lincoln Labor Approved this Broadcast

To be advertised in Lincoln

[1] Wikimedia Commons

What happened to "PORK BARREL RAIL", huh?!
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #144 on: December 24, 2020, 12:07:20 AM »

I've just learned a new word: miasma. NPC elections have been useful for something.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #145 on: December 24, 2020, 12:10:45 AM »

For clarification purposes, perfectly sensible local public transportation projects - such as light rail, which has revolutionized public transportation in my home city of Portland - are not what Labor refers to as "pork barrel rail". Rather, "pork barrel rail" is the 100x more expensive HSR line that Democrat Alliance members proposed to build 500 miles of in the West Texas desert. This has been misconstrued multiple times on the campaign trail so here I am to clear this up - once again.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #146 on: December 24, 2020, 12:11:01 AM »

Lincoln Labor Advertisement: "Together"

[1]

It was the railroad that connected this country

(cuts to transcontinental railroad, steam engines coming into a station)

It was the trains that connected this country from sea to shining sea. It brought us together, and defined the lives of thousands.

Today the world is changing faster than ever.

(cuts to jet planes, bullet trains, and a time-lapse of a skyscraper being built)

Unfortunately, people are being left behind. Businesses shuttering, kids moving out, and no future in sight.

(cuts to abandoned storefronts, empty towns)

Together we change this. Lincoln Labor and KaiserDave are fighting to sew this country together with a massive new rail project. Bringing light to forgotten Atlasia, and connecting small towns to major hubs. Carving a new path to prosperity.

(Cuts to KaiserDave walking, and talking with workers, meeting with Governor R2D2 and Chancellor S019)

Lincoln Labor is fighting for you, and we won't stop

(Modern train drives towards the camera as the ad fades to the Labor logo)

Lincoln Labor Approved this Broadcast

To be advertised in Lincoln

[1] Wikimedia Commons

What happened to "PORK BARREL RAIL", huh?!
The DA proposal was to build hundreds of miles of high speed rail in the Texas desert, this proposal is more streamlined between urban hubs which is what we argued for all along before the bill was hijacked.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #147 on: December 24, 2020, 12:18:56 AM »

Labor:
Also Labor:

I'm, um, going to need a clarification on a couple of things here:

1. who your "opponent" is
2. where the precise fascist tendencies you are accusing us (?) of holding come from, because AFAIK not a single person in our party has talked about instituting "checkpoints all over" Atlanta or any of your other accusations

Furthermore, I really don't understand the compulsive need to make this game as toxic as RL politics. Is there a specific outcome of all this that would result in a better game?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: December 24, 2020, 02:22:56 AM »

On a somewhat unrelated note, here's an ongoing project - a map of every NPC campaign. Hopefully this can be used in the open commentary period to observe activity levels across months and provide a visualization of what party strategies actually worked.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?mid=10aVYiX4SSta_mpYLFnlnBE8oDXL4fojK&ll=31.57355524337504%2C-135.36516511213216&z=3
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #149 on: December 24, 2020, 09:47:05 AM »

Labor:
Also Labor:

I'm, um, going to need a clarification on a couple of things here:

1. who your "opponent" is
2. where the precise fascist tendencies you are accusing us (?) of holding come from, because AFAIK not a single person in our party has talked about instituting "checkpoints all over" Atlanta or any of your other accusations

Furthermore, I really don't understand the compulsive need to make this game as toxic as RL politics. Is there a specific outcome of all this that would result in a better game?

Oh my bad.  I thought there was an effort by your party to crack down on "sanctuary cities" (a thing which doesn't even exist). 

And calling someone a fascist is fair game.  It's literally an ideology.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies