Trump Endorses Qanon
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 03, 2024, 12:57:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Trump Endorses Qanon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Trump Endorses Qanon  (Read 4328 times)
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 19, 2020, 05:24:48 PM »

MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 05:35:11 PM »

Qanon is now your average Midwestern rural/small town Republican voter. They're the ones flooding social media now with the fake pedo stuff making it extremely hard to do actual work. Couple that with the evangelical southern bloc and you have an evil death cult that controls the party.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 05:45:15 PM »

You all knew it was only a matter of time.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 05:47:44 PM »

REPORTER: QAnon believes you are secretly saving the world from this cult of pedophiles and cannibals. Are you behind that?

TRUMP: Is that supposed to be a bad thing? We are actually. We are saving the world.

I guess they'll basically take this as a confirmation that they've been right about everything. I mean they've been parsing words from tweets and connecting the dots, and this is pretty explicit in comparison.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 05:54:34 PM »

Trump makes Gaston from "Beauty and the Beast" look like the most compassionate guy on earth.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 06:08:53 PM »

Trump makes Gaston from "Beauty and the Beast" look like the most compassionate guy on earth.

I see we've graduated from Voldemort comparisons and have now moved on to the far more academic category of Disney villains.
Darthpi – Anti-Florida Activist
darthpi
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -6.87

P P P
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 06:13:58 PM »

It's hard to even put into words how dangerous it is for the president to be endorsing the ideas of this cult. These people want a straight-up genocide.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 06:23:09 PM »

It was always going to happen but the Republican Party has finally, officially devolved further. If they were a paramecium before, now they are nothing more than primordial goop. And yet they can still probably sink lower soon enough. There is no bottom-that should be the GOP's new slogan.

By the way, for all the talk of this child sex trafficking cult, what has Jeffrey Epstein's buddy and the QAnon followers actually done about sex trafficking other than spreading conspiracy theories and antagonizing others? I don't expect Marjorie Taylor-Green to do anything about it even when she gets seated next January because that isn't actually the priority. It's all a window-dressing to try and grant some legitimacy to their lunatic ramblings.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 06:32:43 PM »

The problem with the "Qanon will take over the entire Republican base" theory is that there is really is a lot of lore involved which most people, including the ordinary folk in the Republican base, won't have the time or patience to read into. In certain primaries, Qanon-friendly window dressing might come to rile up a substantial minority of the electorate (including widespread suspicion towards an alleged global paedophile network with a liberal aesthetic), but I still suspect it's too complex (with the regular leaks and cryptic messaging etc.) to "go mainstream" beyond the Trumpiest of districts.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 06:38:51 PM »

The problem with the "Qanon will take over the entire Republican base" theory is that there is really is a lot of lore involved which most people, including the ordinary folk in the Republican base, won't have the time or patience to read into. In certain primaries, Qanon-friendly window dressing might come to rile up a substantial minority of the electorate (including widespread suspicion towards an alleged global paedophile network with a liberal aesthetic), but I still suspect it's too complex (with the regular leaks and cryptic messaging etc.) to "go mainstream" beyond the Trumpiest of districts.

I don't think QAnon identity is that strict. Seemingly, all one has to do is make tenuous connections between Democrats and other "elites" when it comes to child trafficking, worship Trump as an infallible deity, and be a Republican. Understanding all the phony complexities and intricacies are all optional to know. The goal isn't an affirmation for their supposed cause as much as it is a community of people to hate other people together. And that's what the Republican Party already is, and has been, especially during the Trump era, in a way.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2020, 06:41:11 PM »
« Edited: August 19, 2020, 11:29:30 PM by brucejoel99 »

It all feels like a f**king joke. A fever dream. It's like Trump isn't even real at times. It's like he's something somebody made up to conform to all of the worst stereotypes that liberals have had about Republicans over the years: a rich know-nothing who inherited most of said wealth, believes every conspiracy he's told about, & hates Muslims.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2020, 06:42:47 PM »

Do you think these people actually are nuetodivergent in some way?
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2020, 06:46:19 PM »

It's all feels like a f**king joke. A fever dream. It's like Trump isn't even real at times. It's like he's something somebody made up to conform to all of the worst stereotypes that liberals have had about Republicans over the years: a rich know-nothing who inherited most of said wealth, believes every conspiracy he's told about, & hates Muslims.

In the earliest days of Trump's candidacy for the 2016 nomination I legitimately thought he was attempting some sort of performance art like something Sacha Baron Cohen would do. It didn't take long for me to realize that he really is just an opportunistic hack deep-down and wouldn't even be capable of creating an alternative persona.

Give him, or those around him perhaps, some credit though, starting with his embrace of Birtherism and becoming its poster-boy, he really did lay the groundwork into becoming the ultimate right wing idol over the span of several years. It's the one time he ever had a long-term plan and patience for something. I still think that he doesn't legitimately believe anything he does and just plays everything by ear. He simply saw an opportunity to take advantage of a political party's descent into madness and then turned the tables into making them do what he wants instead.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2020, 06:48:41 PM »

I see we've graduated from Voldemort comparisons and have now moved on to the far more academic category of Disney villains.

I see we’ve graduated from being smug about people watching political conventions to being smug about people not making “academic” enough analogies in an informal online forum.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2020, 06:54:47 PM »

He's always been a parody of a human being. Basically kids cartoon version of what an Evil Capitalist Villain looks like.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 06:58:16 PM »

Anyone who still has a blue avatar should be embarrassed.
Fight for Trump
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2020, 07:15:46 PM »

Anyone who still has a blue avatar should be embarrassed.
I switched to blue when the Dems put a black woman on the ticket.
JGibson
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.00, S: -6.50

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2020, 08:04:16 PM »

Shame on you, Donald! Vote him out this fall!
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2020, 08:13:25 PM »

I see the blue avatars are like chirping crickets.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2020, 08:21:31 PM »

woodley park

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2020, 09:07:06 PM »

The 'party of QAnon' is synonymous with 'permanent minority party'.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2020, 09:29:09 PM »

Qanon is now your average Midwestern rural/small town Republican voter. They're the ones flooding social media now with the fake pedo stuff making it extremely hard to do actual work. Couple that with the evangelical southern bloc and you have an evil death cult that controls the party.

I live in a heavily evangelical bubble in the South, and I've never heard one person in real life mention this conspiracy theory, but, sure, continue with your anti-evangelical propaganda.
dw93
DWL
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2020, 09:54:56 PM »

His Presidency has been like in Aladdin where Jafar is briefly the Sultan or the Lion King when Scar is King of the Pridelands.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2020, 10:00:32 PM »

I see we’ve graduated from being smug about people watching political conventions to being smug about people not making “academic” enough analogies in an informal online forum.

If you look back through my posting history, you'll find far more gradations of smugness than just that.
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2020, 10:03:23 PM »

Isn’t a big part of the Qanon mythology is that Trump knows about it and is sending cryptic messages in his speeches and tweets? Isn’t that kinda hurt by the fact Trump clearly is talking about it like he’s only vaguely aware of it?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies