Ask Battista Minola 1616 Anything - One (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:20:09 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Ask Battista Minola 1616 Anything - One (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ask Battista Minola 1616 Anything - One  (Read 2958 times)
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« on: September 05, 2020, 02:35:51 PM »

How do you feel about Giorgio La Pira, Aldo Moro, and other "Red Catholic"/DC Left figures from the First Republic?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 08:05:48 AM »

Was Gabriele D'Annunzio really that bad in his capacity as a political actor, or was he more of a heavily implicated fellow-traveler?
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 08:51:42 AM »

As a Catholic, do you believe that premarital sex is immoral?

As a Protestant, do you believe that Marian devotion is a bunch of nonsense? Because my sister is convinced it is.

Is your sister straight? I think there's an element of psychosexual sublimation to a lot of Marian devotion that people who aren't attracted to women sometimes have a harder time seeing the point of. Everyone I know with a really intense Marian devotion is either a straight or bisexual man or a lesbian or bisexual woman.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 09:08:43 AM »

As a Catholic, do you believe that premarital sex is immoral?

As a Protestant, do you believe that Marian devotion is a bunch of nonsense? Because my sister is convinced it is.

Is your sister straight? I think there's an element of psychosexual sublimation to a lot of Marian devotion that people who aren't attracted to women sometimes have a harder time seeing the point of. Everyone I know with a really intense Marian devotion is either a straight or bisexual man or a lesbian or bisexual woman.

Not your AMA, but might this be a way that certain folks who don't really know their own sexuality, or deny it, find a way of expressing themselves?

And is this all (both your post and mine) a way of saying that it's similar to the Winona Ryder fandom?

Answered in my AMA to avoid derailing this one.

And she seems to have a problem exactly with the "psychosexual sublimation" element, together with standard "muh not in the Bible" Protestant concerns.

The former is definitely an understandable qualm to have, although it's not always clear to me what alternative people who have it would suggest.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2020, 04:02:00 PM »

Uuuh interesting question.

Tuscany is the one I know better, for obvious reasons. I think it is a tough battle between Tuscany, Campania and Sicily right now.
You like those sh**tholes more than Lombardy or Piedmont?

I mean I know you are racist/fascist/etc. but I didn't know discrimination against Southern Italians was also part of your shtick.

I miss when Lega supported secession.

Me too. Cutting the crypto-Austrian shopkeepers and Milanese day traders loose would have made the rest of il bel paese even more bel.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies